Reviews by sinodor

Cologne Intense Collection : Oud & Bergamot by Jo Malone

Went into the Jo Malone shop for some 154 someone had suggested and came out with this! Oud & Bergamot is ABSOLUTELY on the money! The rich yet subtle character of this earthy fragrance is astounding. To be honest, I didn't think Jo Mo had it in 'em; Creed's Oud doesn't come close to matching up. FIVE STARS of unforgettable - top to bottom.
22nd December, 2011 (last edited: 05th June, 2012)

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

33 negative reviews? What are you guys/gals sniffing, coffee beans regurgitated by weasels? My first 'house' fragrance and still my very favorite. Never fails to evoke many a compliment. Nothing has the versatility, class and utter captivation of this timeless tour de force. Centuries from now, this debonair fragrance will still be taking over and dominating the ether of whatever envious room it permeates. If there is one negative concerning this international superstar, it's that the Coolest Cat to ever purr in the fragrance world is now out of the bag.
21st December, 2010 (last edited: 22nd December, 2010)

Patou pour Homme (original) by Jean Patou

Just ridiculous! This may sound insane, but this masterpiece is almost TOO nice to wear. Each time I go to put it on it's like "No, no ,no you're wasting it! Save it for better time," as it is hard to find. (What fiend discontinued this?!) But what better time than now? All I can say is this: You will NEVER find a more perfect men's fragrance! If you can find this jewel, buy it. And wear it when you wanna knock 'em dead. Priceless. Period! (As a side note: This layered with Bond no. 9 Fire Island tones down its sheer elegance to a more multi-situational suitability.) Wish I had two more hands so I could give this four thumbs up! Even Rick James, may he RIP, I think would agree!

Acier Aluminium by Creed

Man. Man. Man. That's what you are when you wear this. A man...with more than a little bit of danger and intrigue about him. Like nothing else. If out-of-the-ordinary is your thing, this is your Austin Martin. And be prepared for the accorded interest.

Aventus by Creed

While it lasts, the hype is well-worth it. Price vs. longevity ratio, however, is rather low. Wear it though and you will be noticed/tagged with value. And, if I am not mistaken, that's what it's all about. Isn't it?

Purple Water by Asprey

This unexpected find has proven my most pleasant olfactory surprise! I admittedly had never heard of the Asprey name, but one sniff of this wonderful soft and powdery citrus gem and I was hooked. Of all the fragrances I own, or have sampled, no fragrance better interweaves and melds with the balmy atmosphere of Miami. Layer it with Acqua di Parma Colonia and...it's magical. In my eyes (and nose), this fragrance truly is the sleeper of all sleepers. Just lay back and enjoy. A lemon sunshine-scented TWO THUMBS UP!

Polo Modern Reserve by Ralph Lauren

The original was my standard throughout the 70's and 80's. And I wore it proudly. This take steps it up a notch, while maintaining the piney essence of its iconic template. I will always love this definitive forest-like scent, but I must admit I bought this out of curiosity and nostalgia as I feel I have lost touch, for better or worse, with its pipe and cashmir sweater nature. Nonetheless, I don't believe Lauren has ever matched with any of his other (colored) offerings the staunch presence of the original "green"...except perhaps with his Modern Reserve.

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men by Giorgio Armani

Broke my cardinal rule and bought this blind. Pleasing enough, but ordinary. Can't touch Mania. I'm no Armani fan, so enough said. Fer sure gotta trade this for a refill of the aforementioned can't miss Mania...the ONLY Armani I am at all fond of.

Rose d'Homme by Les Parfums de Rosine

Only a once in a while selection of mine, I like to join it (on the few cold nights here in MIA) with something pink and Cuir de Rissie. Makes me feel like a Cossack gallivanting around in rose and thick leather amid the palms! A very well put together fragrance...with or without adding a "bi-polarizing" Siberian touch.

Antaeus by Chanel

This is a tough one to sport in Miami. However, if the weather is cool, and I'm feelin' a little on the muscle, this one certainly serves the purpose. Classy, powerful, "Here I Am." Under 35? Probably want to opt for Allure.

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

This stuff makes women wonder. What else do you need to know?

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Kyoto by Comme des Garçons

Caught a whiff of this on a Goth Marc Jacobs counter girl and had to ask, "What's that?!" As sultry as this intoxicating oriental smelled on her is as "inviting smoky casbah" as it does on me. Either way, this is one helluva transforming, transporting and transcendent scent. Play it again, Sam.

parfums*PARFUMS Guerrilla 2 by Comme des Garçons

My initial infatuation and the camaraderie between this rather dirty (not in the "good' sense as is the case with Lutens' Muscs Koublai Khan) fragrance and I has worn off like the factory newness of a now old and sweaty peppered pair of raspberry Chucks.