Reviews by glorious1

glorious1's avatar
    glorious1

La Myrrhe by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I got a decant of this! This is a masterpiece in my opinion.........ADORE it! I don't believe I have many aldehydes......this is WONDERFUL. It will be a go to rragrance for me! All I own is 10 ml. I hope that will change! Try it! You'll like it!!

I cannot stay from this scent!!

26 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st March, 2012)

Les Nombres d'Or - Vanille by Mona di Orio

Very surprising scent. I ordered a decant unsniffed. I am not sorry. I put it on just a little while ago. I smell boozy, the clove, leather, amber and wood.
    Not at all just a vanilla scent. I believe I LOVE this!

09 February, 2012

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I was not at all impressed when I put it on. Thought it was a lot of hype. I had had Ambre Precieux and loved it.
    Then came the dry down!! It was magical. I enjoyed the changing scent...it turned into ember like amber.....it was as if the perfume turned into coals that resinated warmth. It felt like it was actually a physical thing. It was incredibly sexy. It was actually kind of like a hug to keep you company. At first I also wondered why Sheldrake made it for females even though we all know men would wear this....... I understand now.
    I must have it.

23 January, 2012

Féminité du Bois by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

All I can say it I do not know why it took me so long to try this!! I bought it unsniffed! I was really terrified. I ADORE it!! It's fabulous. I use it sparingly because it is hard to come by. If I knew I could always get it....I would just use it much more!! Wish the original wasn't discontinued.....What a pity!

29 October, 2011

Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

I actually like this. I wore it 3 days in a row and that is unusual for me.
    It's kind of addictive.
    It doesn't rank in my top 5 but I enjoy it! IT's a GREAT compliment getter!

Songes by Annick Goutal

I have to say this one is lovely one day and another day I have no desire for it. It's great in the summer and hot weather. Very feminine. I smell good in it. I think it's my favorite AG

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès

I went though a whole bottle of this. Great everyday perfume but......after awhile....I swapped the second bottle and haven't missed it. Got a little boring. Not distinctive enough for me.

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

Now you're talkin! This is my all time favorite. It is my default fragrance. The one I want to be remembered for. The one I want to be buried in. The one that is mostly ME! Nothing comes close. Not just for evening and not just for winter........all year .... anytime and any place. The parfum is da bomb. Have the confidence to wear it. OPIUM is my vote for the BEST of all perfumes..........IMHO.

Fracas by Robert Piguet

I want to love Fracas. I believe it's a wonderful creation. Had a friend who wore it better than anybody else. It's a feminine and sexy masterpiece on the right person. I don't think I'm one of them.

Prada (new) by Prada

This is up for BEST PERFUME???? Come on now. A copy of lots of others.
    Not impressed. Swapped it away.

Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka

I had to have a bottle because the bottle was so darned cute!
    Not for me however. Way too sweet. Too overwhelming. Swapped it away.

Shalimar by Guerlain

I love Shalimar on my Mom. On me....sometimes but....not the easiest to wear.
    I appreciate it. I sometimes hate it on me.

Spring Flower by Creed

hmmmmmmm........it's a great scent I know. NOT me however. A little too pristine. It is very fine smelling. Very feminine......but not something I have to have.

No. 5 by Chanel

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Well.......it wouldn't still be a classic if it wasn't really good. I like the sensual elixer but don't wear #5 all that often.

Agent Provocateur by Agent Provocateur

I actually love this one. It smells a little "perfumy." It also smells a little like B.O. but it is a very sexy perfume! On the right person in the right weather it's fabulous. It has to be cooler weather for me to wear this.

Fleurs de Citronnier by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I expected this to be a high pitched lemony scent but it is very feminine and yet fresh at the same time. It has a soft quality which you wouldn't expect from a lemon citrus.

17 October, 2006

Dior Addict by Christian Dior

I didn't like this one at all when I first tried it. Thought it actually smelled cheap. I just actually gave it a good run today and I'm amazed and shocked at myself. I REALLY like it. I've heard that it's a linear fragrance...not too sure but I guess it doesn't change all that much. I don't find it too strong to my nose but that doesn't mean that other people don't when I walk by?! I feel expecially sexy in this one. Even though it's summer and hot as can be I still enjoyed it. The bourbon smell mixed with the vanilla is great....I think I love that Night Queen Flower and I usually love a fragrance with orange in it. I think it could turn out to be a favorite of mine. I can see how very addictive it is...I'd LOVE to have the body cream! I'm expecting lots of compliments as this one gets them so I've heard....Gloria

14 August, 2005

Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri

I have this on today and it is to me totally a ladies perfume. Great blend of spice and powder. Sensual, warm....comforting...

04 August, 2005

Angel by Thierry Mugler

ANGEL either loves you or hates you. You don't choose Angel ....Angel chooses you.
    I will agree with someone else. Angel does best in less humidity and cooler weather. I live in South Forida and it is reserved for cooler months.
    Not my very favorite but I do love it. It isn't a perfume that I could wear all the time.

02 May, 2005 (Last Edited: 13 January, 2007)

Mitsouko by Guerlain

This is the Queen! It's a masterpiece as everyone knows. A fabulous classic creation that only Guerlain could have pulled off. Although it's not my all time favorite.....and I must be in the mood for Mitsouko.....I wear it and wonder why I don't wear it more often. It is a dream in the parfum and body cream. TIMELESS!!

02 May, 2005 (Last Edited: 13 January, 2007)