Reviews by green_man

green_man's avatar
    green_man

Conquest for Men by Agatha Brown

Good stuff. I can really smell the lavender and Tonka bean in this one. It is warm, and seems to mesh very well with my body chemistry. When I first smelled this fragrance, I was instantly reminded of Obsession, even though I haven't smelled Obsession for years. Perhaps it is the warm vanilla note that does it for me. Anyway, it just goes to show that often times, scent can trigger memories easier than any other sense. Hmmm...scent sense...I like that.

18 January, 2006

Imperial Jade Emperor by Agatha Brown

Wow!

'nuff said!

18 January, 2006

Vetiver by Guerlain

Absolutely, definitely, assuredly, NOT for me. I wore this three times, and each time I actually felt nausea setting in. One night, I kept sniffing my wrist in an attempt to find at least one pleasant note... The result was a queasy stomach and a headache. I didn't find anything fresh about it, but my wife stated it just smelled like a nasty soap. She said it was nothing special, and even struck her as gross. I have a strong sense of smell, and this one was just way too offensive for me. I was disappointed, because I enjoy green scents as I am an outdoorsman/ naturalist, and based on other reviews here, I thought that I was going to love this one. I guess that yet again, I go against the majority vote. This fragrance is to me, what Kryptonite is to Superman. Result: F-

15 January, 2006

Cool Water by Davidoff

I used to wear this one alot as a teenager. I found it to be pleasantly mellow and it lasted well on my skin. I haven't wore it for some time, but I have a feeling that I am saving my bottle for a rainy day. This one does resemble Green Irish Tweed. That being said, it is not as complex or refined as GIT, but it seems to last longer than GIT, and at least to me, doesn't feel like a cheap knock-off of GIT either. This one has received more compliments for me than any other fragrance. It may not be as high brow as some of the other scents around here, but for a reasonably priced cologne that any guy can find at a local department store, it does it's job magnificently.

15 January, 2006

Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

I just received my 3.4 oz bottle, and am very pleased. The fragrance reminds me of a warmer Cool Water at first, and has a mild and pleasant salty note after a little while. This is a nonobtrusive, warm, comforting fragrance on me, and I am very glad I picked this one up. It doesn't last terribly long on me, but that seems to be the norm for most fragrances. Try this one out if you get the chance.

14 January, 2006

Crypt by The Goth Rosary

According to Goth Rosary Crypt is "Surrounded, haunting... the smell of moss clinging to a marble Mausoleum..." I just received my 2oz bottle today, and concur with that description. I can't describe the scent, but it changes and is very dynamic. It is a wonderful mix of faint, pleasant smelling moss and a cold stone smell. It does offer mental images of an ancient crypt. The smell is intriguing, and I truly enjoy it. I am no goth, by any means, and I believe that anyone could wear this fragrance. It seems a bit masculine to me, but it is no way overpowering or heavy. If anything, on my dry skin, the fragrance isn't quite strong enough. I really enjoy the way the fragrance will almost slip away from you for a bit, and then you get another hit of it before you forget that you're wearing it. After I use this bottle, I will definitely be ordering more from AntiSally (the owner of Goth Rosary). What a wonderful change of pace... Highly recommend this one!

10th January, 2006