Reviews by AlexPanzer

AlexPanzer's avatar
    AlexPanzer

Activist by Body Shop

This stuff is pretty good, I just got it off the eBay as a blind buy and I knew that it was hard to find fragrance so I just had to try it. I think that it qualifies as an everyday fragrance. It is not too powerful and has a good silage.

27 May, 2010

Bigelow Barber Cologne Elixir Blue No. 1580 by C.O. Bigelow Apothecary

I have all 4 elixirs and am getting the latest 5th (Elixir White) within the next week. But the Elixir Blue is definitely the best one of them all: very pleasant and clean, and slightly mysterious everyday fragrance. Some stores stopped selling it but you can still grab it for $10.00 if you look hard enough. Well worth even the full price of $20.00.

Donald Trump The Fragrance by Donald Trump

I personally love this stuff, especially after shower in the morning before work when I am in the great mood. Sure the name is tacky, but it does smell very pleasant: just the right amount of lemon. I am almost done with my bottle and will definitely buy some more if I can find it for a cheap price. I did get a couple of compliments but I never revealed that this was a Trump fragrance. It smells nice and clean.

No. 5 by Chanel

I recently gave Chanel #5 a sniff at the local department store. I had high hopes for this because I know how Chanel #5 is regarded. As soon as I sniffed it I became really disappointed because it smelled like an old lady. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle smells really great but this one (Chanel #5) is just horrible. I can't imagine any modern/young lady wearing this stuff let alone paying the retail for it. I rate this one a 2. Even White Diamonds smell better then this.

Blue Jeans by Versace

This was my 1st cologne ever, brings a lot of memories about junior high. I received this as a b-day gift along with Heroes of Might and Magic 3. All these gifts and the memories of summer are forever embedded in the Blue Jeans scent. I frequently wear it in the summer. For me Blue Jeans means carefree good time.

Update:

They reformulated the formula and its called Versus Versace Blue Jeans now. Weaker projection and silage and slightly different ingredients compared to the original scent.

19 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 17 December, 2013)

Curve Connect for Men by Liz Claiborne

I've been eyeing Curve Connect since it came out but I did not want to pay the full MSRP. Couple of days ago I decided to to stop by at TJ Maxx and found myself buying a 4.2 oz bottle for only $15.00. I really like most of the Curve products because they are modern and theres a wide variety of them for for my tastes.

19 April, 2010

Curve Kicks for Men by Liz Claiborne

I don't know about other reviewers but I personally think that this is the best Curve for men. Well, maybe not the best (Soul is the best), but definitely the 2nd best. I wear this out frequently in the fall and in winter, cooler days and sometimes in the evenings. I give it thumbs up and recommend to everyone to give Curve Kicks a try.

02 July, 2009

Montana Parfum d'Homme (original) by Montana

Regarding original formula:

I like this one a lot. It is hard to find but usually it goes for cheap on the eBay. It might be too strong to some people.

Regarding the reformulated formula:

Thumbs-down - I hate it; it barely smells close to the original Montana. Weak silage and light projection of a light-themed scent. I bought 2x 4.2oz bottles on sale on Amazon for $7.00 each sometime during June 2013, and I thought that I got a great deal, but when I received the package and opened one of the boxes, I realised that the fragrance is reformulated and so is the bottle [light greenish-brown transparent, compared to the original dark coffee-brown almost-opaque bottle]. The new reformulation is now made in Italy [compared to original that was made in France, according to both bottles]. This new formula is basicaly a joke compared to the original, and I see it as 2 seperate fragrances. I still have original old bottle half-full and you can tell the difference by whiffing the spray actuator. I sold both 2x new formula bottles on eBay, where original Montana is sold at a premium.

02 October, 2008 (Last Edited: 17 December, 2013)