Reviews by Mostapha

Mostapha's avatar
    Mostapha
    Egypt Egypt

L'Eau by Diptyque

This is too much cinnamon and too much clove. I like cinnamon, but just a hint is good for me, not all that. The intense cinnamon smell gives me a headache.

I would wear this on very cold, very "unusual" nights out, and I would spray too little, much like Annick Goutal's Sables. I don't think I'd ever want to wear this more than three or four times a year, so I would never finish 50 ml in a hundred years, but thumbs up for originality. L'Eau has to be the most eccentric Diptyque I have tried

16 October, 2008

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

The iris in this is beautiful, and the make up smell in a male fragrance is brilliant in my opinion. It does not reveal its true beauty until the dry down, so if you're testing, give it some time. This is not saying that the opening is anything but lovely, but the dry down of Dior Homme is probably the best thing I have ever smelled. Easily wearable by a woman. In fact, although it's a male fragrance, it is more easily wearable by a woman than a man, because it *does* smell feminine. You can't let that keep you from enjoying it though, this smells like nothing else.

Dior Homme is easily my number one fragrance. When I'm having an incredibly great day and want a fragrance to complement the experience, it's this one. Longevity is just how I want it to be. I smell it all day, but not any longer. Projection is moderate. And the bottle design is smart.

30th August, 2008

Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren

I'm addicted to Double Black, and will purchase it again every time my bottle is finished. I have it for a few months now and I didn't get bored of it for a second. The initial blast (pepper, mango) is exceptional and the dry down is to die for. Smells natural and comforting all the way. Last for a good 12+ hours on my skin, and the sillage is 3/5.

02 April, 2008

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Try this a few times. It took me three trials to understand Terre d'Hermes, but once I did it jumped right to my top 5. Dominant note on my skin is grapefruit. Insanely masculine, original and classy. I haven't smelled anything that is similar. Projection is extremely strong, longevity is absurd. It could easily last (and project) for more than 24 hours. 5/5.

02 April, 2008