Reviews

Reviews by natacha

Piment Brûlant by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Got a sample of this fragrance and I have to admit that the name is misleading: I do get the 'piment' side - and, yes, it is bell pepper!-, but the 'brûlant' does not appear at all. No chocolate either, I am afraid. However, the fresh and slightly sweet notes that linger on my skin are quite pleasant. The bell pepper is there, in the background, just to make the fragrance interesting. Fresh, pleasant and with a twist, but it does not live to my expectations.

Patchouli by Molinard

For many years, I hated patchouli, and still dislike it in some gourmand forms (as in Angel, for example). Molinard's rendition is quite linear, with a faint scent of dark (bitter) chocolate. I find it comforting and enjoy wearing. But I enjoy even more getting a whiff of it on a scarf several days after having worn it. I can then get the earthy side of patchouli, the side that made me like patchouli. Overall, a nice fragrance that I would recommend to patchouli newcomers.

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Definitely a classic! I tried both the EdP and the EdT and decided to settle for the EdT, which I find quite unisex. The EdP is a masculine to my nose. Great sillage and longevity.

L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer

Quite unique scent, very well balanced. I love the dryness of it, and detect a lingering rose note as a counterpoint. Not unisex, but androgynous. Longevity and sillage are good. I only own a sample, but will very soon get a bottle!

Tangerine Vert by Miller Harris

Contrary to many posts, I do not find Tangerine Vert to hold the comparison with Eau d'Orange Verte. It has far less character, and fades out very fast on my skin. Big mistake on my part to rely on other people's reviews to take my pick! Won't do it again. Tangerine Vert reminds me of an EdT by Yves Rocher I used to own when I was a child. It is bland, faint, and of no olfactory interest to me. Definitely not value for money either!

Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

Hermes have some of the most interesting Eaux around, and this one ranks top in my list. I cannot wait to get hold of a bottle and try it on my man's skin too...

Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

A ray of sunshine for my 2007-08 winter. A very good fig scent, and I love the citrus that surround it. The scent is more complex than I expected it to be, but not long lasting enough. However, even when I go a little overboard with the quantity, I only get compliments. That could be the downside...
18th January, 2008 (last edited: 15th July, 2008)

Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès

Longlasting on me, without a doubt. I preferred it to Un Jardin en Mediterranee, whose fig note had a cat-urine undertone I disliked. However, I'll need to try this one again. I loved Un Jardin sur le Nil in the Summer, my best friend wears it very well. To me, a feminine fragrance.

Eau d'Elide by Diptyque

Not overly sweet at all! The herbs definitely come across and contrast beautifully with the orange while complementing interestingly the lavender. The Mediterranean in Winter and Summer at the same time.

L'Autre by Diptyque

The terribly erotic scent of an armpit in the morning after a spicy dinner... Not quite there with l'Autre, but the erotic touch is there. One of my favourites... but everyone else around me hates it.

Vetiver by Guerlain

Elegant vetiver, but a little too much on the masculine side for me. However, a definite classic.

Jicky by Guerlain

The all-time classic I go back to. To me, Jicky is like a long-time partner whom I know very well, who suits me perfectly, but whose familiarity I need to escape from time to time. The best homage to lavender I have ever smelled. However, if you want to acquire it, DO NOT go for the EDT, which is a real disappointment.

Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica by Acqua di Parma

I love lavender but I hated this rendition. Sickly, cheap smelling. I was horribly disappointed, particularly since I like other Acqua di Parma scents.

New West for Her by Aramis

I used to wear New West when it was still available in Europe. Despite being told once in a nightclub that I 'smelled like oysters(the guy was not even trying to be nasty!), I very much loved it and would definitely buy it again if it were on the market.