Reviews by pomeraniansiamese

Midnight Poison by Christian Dior

This is a very good fragrance, more youthful than the original Poison, less exotic than Hypnotic Poison, no green freshness like Tendre. I thought it similar to Pure Poison, both very simple and nice. I noticed an amber note muddled with rose first and foremost, nothing quite artistic but it is a chic scent and quite pleasant at that.

25th April, 2008

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès

This was fantastic in the magazine sample and on my mother. It is defiantly for a strong, carefree chemistry. I imagine on some ladies it smells of old cologne! it seems a bit mannish on me, though it turned into a womanly scent
    on my mom. It is very nice, the notes all work together for a very sophisticated effect. Recommended for day wear, lovers of woodsy musk and orange.

23rd April, 2008

Poison by Christian Dior

In one word:GHASTLY.
    This is a controversial fragrance. It inspires either intense devotion or extreme revulsion. The latter is my reaction too. I despise the almost grape-cough syrup odor, synthetic berries perhaps? It also has been known to incite strong asthma attacks in asthmatic people, and terrible allergic reactions in allergy sufferers.

20th April, 2008

Opium pour Homme Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent

My Husband (He is British and very minimalist) wears this and has since before we met. It smells delightful on his bare skin and I must say it is appealingly sexy and exotic. It makes no sense however that I detected pumpkin! but this may be an effect of his chemistry on the fragrance. He tends to make everything smell of pumpkin spice and witches brew. It is delicious! I whole-heartedly recommend this to the right man (attractive, classy, and bewitching! perfect for a warlock!). All kidding aside, lovely notes and spices. Much better than the femme version which I detest.

18th April, 2008

Michael Kors / Michael by Michael Kors

Beautiful, splendid warm comforting scent. It always reminds me of my mother's wooden vanity and how amazing this smells on her gorgeous self (and I do mean GORGEOUS, she was a former model). It is just delicious, complex and semi-sweet with an adult sexy sophistication. Imagine Rita Hayworth as Gilda, or Hedy Lamarr in Come Live With Me, this is a very, very special fragrance.

17th April, 2008