Reviews by Pecota

Pecota's avatar
    Pecota

Cool Water Frozen by Davidoff

I really couldn't tell the difference between this and the original Cool Water unless I tried them at the same time, but the frosted glass on the bottle felt good, at least. Not worth going out of your way to find, but a solid scent.

06 August, 2008

Brut Revolution by Fabergé

To me, Brut Revolution is just a slightly soapier clone of Acqua Di Gio without much silage or lasting power. If you like the smell of AdG but don't want to spend much on something that completely blends in with the crowd, this is one step above a gas station "InStyle" version. The bottle's kind of neat, too.

Notes: Woods, Patchouli, Black Pepper, Musk, Moss

Cool Water Game by Davidoff

Very reminiscent of Kenneth Cole Reaction, only replacing the apple with grapefruit and improving both the longevity and projection of the scent. Watermelon notes are a personal favorite of mine, and Game accents it with wonderful grapefruit and verbena leaf/lemon notes.

Cool Water Deep by Davidoff

Cool Water Deep is my current casual favorite, it has great longetivity and the cactus sap really stands out as something out of the ordinary, but not flagrantly so. I really don't see the Cool Water + Acqua Di Gio or Polo Blue similarities, there's not the busy chaos of Cool Water, the citrus edge of AdG, or the cucumber note of Polo Blue.

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

As soon as I sampled Grey Flannel at a JC Penny's, I immediately found and bought a mini of it to clear out my sinuses when congested, and it works better than any Nasonex spray that you can find. Far too overpowering for me to wear, big thumbs down.

12 April, 2008

Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris

I picked this up blind at TJ Maxx for eight dollars, just because I heard good things about it. Unfortunately, when I wore it to work the next day, at lunch several people were wondering who took up smoking, because something "smelled like an ashtray". After that, I haven't really worn it out, just because of the negative response to the strong tobacco vibe.

It's a cheaper version of basically the same juice as Le Male, but if you didn't really like Le Male, don't go out of your way to find Cuba Gold.

04 April, 2008

Preferred Stock by Coty

It may just be my body chemistry, but this reminds me of candle wax, nothing more and nothing less. I love some of Coty's other stuff, like Gravity and Aspen, but this is just a poor offering.

02 April, 2008