Reviews by dudeinthemoon

dudeinthemoon's avatar
    dudeinthemoon

Boss Bottled Night by Hugo Boss

A pleasant fragrance, way too popular right now but enjoyable enough. A bright, violet scent with synthetic but warm undertones. Longetivity is great. I don't wear this out too much because it's becoming very overused.

15 November, 2011

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

A stunning aquatic fragrance. Many American reviewers dislike this for its overuse, but here in the UK I rarely smell it on anybody other than myself. Charming, classy, fresh, bright and sweet all at once, this smell lasts and projects decently and will always draw compliments. I personally use it for everyday wear, rather than at nightclubs as I feel it is trying to do something that wouldn't work on a sweaty dance floor. Not particularly seductive, but bracing and sophisticated enough to do you favors with the opposite sex nonetheless. One of my personal favorites.

15 November, 2011

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

This is my personal favorite cologne for night wear. It has class and intensity in spades - a chocolatey, dark, seductive scent that still manages to portray a sense of freshness when aired out in a night breeze. Upon spraying it leaves the impression of caramelized sugar and cinnamon; a sweet, strong and smoldering scent. Over time it relaxes a little, a calmer, airier version of its original self becoming more apparent. This fragrance, worn with the right attitude, is PERFECT for a night out. In a nightclub, it easily distinguishes itself from the typical CK and 1 million scents on other men, as a far darker and more intriguing scent. It speaks of character and complexity. Although it can be a little overbearing if worn too heavily, with the right amount, in all seriousness this is a perfect tool for seduction. I love this scent.

20th May, 2010 (Last Edited: 15 November, 2011)

Silver Shadow Altitude by Davidoff

A great fragrance for all occasions. This seems like the perfect expression of a very often attempted fragrance, if that makes any sense. That kind of fresh, clean shaven but relaxed in a masculine way smell? Nailed right here. Longevity and strength are both great, perhaps a little too great at the start in fact, I would say this thing lasts about 6 - 7 hours on my skin. I also tried the shower gel and aftershave balm, both of which are superb. One of my favorites!

20th May, 2010

Joop! Jump by Joop!

Decent scent from Joop!. Very popular in the nightclubs right now, which is fair because its strong presence and sweetness are powerful enough to be noticed over the stench of sweat and spilled beer. But for more casual use its a little too much in my opinion, a little sweeter than a masculine fragrance should be, with a strange medicinal quality to it initially. The drydown is pretty pleasant though, and it smells great 7 - 8 hours after application.

Aramis Life by Aramis

Immensely average fragrance from Aramis. To be honest, it's a pleasant enough scent, but it smells like sweat. Simple as. Either I have very nice smelling sweat or this stuff is not a very god cologne. The bottle feels cheap, especially the spray mechanism which surprised me by not breaking during its lifetime. As a scent, its almost Mediterranean, with a Sicilian vibe, but like I said, its sweat. So to sum up, if you wish to make people think that your sweat smells really nice, try this on for size.

Mg Eau de Toilette by Trevor Sorbie

Can't really say that this is too bad, but then it is very unremarkable too. I get a kind of citrus / nutmeg vibe from it, which isn't the worst thing in the world. What I do like to do with this, is combine it with other fragrances because it has a really clean, 'lighter than air' sensibility to it. It goes great with Cool Water, gives it that little extra breeziness to become something pretty special. But on its own, not much going on here I'm afraid.

John Varvatos by John Varvatos

I'm way too young for this, and i prefer fresher, more simple fragrances, you might want to bear that in mind. There is no doubt that this smells nice, sophisticated and relatively mascauline, no one is going to hate it, but there's something a little too dark and fruity in a dry, sweet way for me. Very leathery too.

08 May, 2008

Kenzoair by Kenzo

Not for everybody I'm sure, but personally this really works on my skin. Fresh, sweet, unobtrusive and clear, this is very well balanced and the bottle looks great. The scent is quite transparent, and airy, but then it stays around for longer than any other fragrance I own, and just kind of 'pops up' very now and again in a really nice way. I don't think I've ever really seen licqourice used in this way before. Total thumbs up.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

Err, this is rubbish! I wore Joop Jump for an evening out a while back and loved it, so decided to get myself some Joop, blind buy. Why I didn't just go for the one I already knew I liked, I do not know, but I've learned my lesson. This stuff is sickly sweet, almost nice but nauseatingly headstrong, and once you've put it on, you won't be able to get away - this stuff fills up rooms instantly and I've even been told off for wearing it! Do yourself and everybody else a favour, go for jump. Update: I gave this fragrance away to a friend, and his flatmate actually gave him some money to go out and get a new one! I'm not kidding!

Cool Water by Davidoff

I like what this fragrance does. Fair enough, it's very synthetic, to the point of reminding me of shampoo when I first started wearing it, but synthetic or not this is a nice scent. It 'performs' well too - by that I mean that it lasts long, and travels far, but is not at all forceful. I guess you could call it a great all rounder, works anywhere, but apparently some of the later cool water fragrences (especially deep) are better, so I think I'll try them next time.