Reviews by ichristofer

Blu Mediterraneo Basil / Foglie di Basilico by Acqua di Parma

I really enjoyed the salty, herbal quality of this now out of production scent. It was more of a "tonic" than cologne which was perfect for me on a summary weekend day. I have some left and regret that it has been discontinued. I think LVMH should have considered at least keeping the body creams etc if not the cologne.

Mark Birley for Men by Mark Birley

Fresh yet sophisticated, not like some of the "pop song" varieties out there that some users wear for a while then move on. I can wear it to work and feel confident that I am annoying no one with a heady, musky, cloud following me around. And, I don’t smell like everyone else who have jumped on a new fragrance and blast into the masses with it. This is important to me because I want a cologne to provide a subtle change in the environment around me. So subtle that people can like it but not quite identify it. If it is so easily “read” on me…I drop it.

I have to thank Aedes for bringing this scent to my attention. I was so surprised to see it has been out for 10+ years! I also find that reassuring…it has become a classic that I think I can count on for years…I hope.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Definately not a fan of this scent. For me it is too musky and heady especially for a "fresh" scent. I see no similarity between this and Gendarme or Aqua di Parma. I would return this if I could.

parfums*PARFUMS Series 4 Cologne: Citrico by Comme des Garçons

Wonderfully fresh, light, and perfect for Summer.

It promises this and delivers for about...5 minutes (at least for me)no matter how much I put on or even if I dab it on clothes (discreetly). I have read all these reviews and wonder if I got a bad batch?

I wish it would last longer because it is exceptional and less spicy than C&S Neroli.

09 May, 2007

Agua Lavanda by Antonio Puig

Awesome, refreshing and classic. It amazes me that this fragrance is still so readily available and NOT in CVS!

12 September, 2006