Reviews by ikkitosennomusha

Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès

Eau D'Orange Vert is pure class in a bottle. The lemon and mandarin uplifts the spirit. I tend to bypass the mandarin and papaya and go straight to the mint and woods. The mint and woods is a deep green smell that is tantalizing and audacious! It has repsectable longevity on me. I highly recommend without hesitation! It is very masculine.
12th June, 2006

Aramis Life by Aramis

This is pure garbage. It has the citrus of Bvlgari BLV in the top notes and dries down to something similar to old spice. This does absolutely nothing for me and is a shame from the house that makes the wonderful aramis our homme and JHL.
03rd June, 2006

Hermèssence Vétiver Tonka by Hermès

The vetiver note is the frreshest vetiver I have experienced and defines the term superb! However, tonka is the worst note to ride tandem with the high quality vetiver. The tonka drowns out the vetiver and makes it smell like cheap garbage found in old lady perfumes. I want to give it a thumbs down for ruining the composition with tonka, nontheless, I award a neutral insofar as the characther of the vetiver.
01st June, 2006

Royal English Leather by Creed

If you want a leather scent, this is perhaps the best there is. It is pure unadulterated leather so fresh that only Creed does it best. The mandarin opens up in the topnotes as the buttery leather shines through. It is like no other leather I have smelled and exemplifies the best quality and craftmanship. I also love the history of the fragrance. I love the house of Creed and as this happens to be the first creation which happens to smell wonderful, it is a must own!

Royal Delight by Creed

I agree that it is an old world harmony of citrus blends. It is hard for me at this point to detect a particular note. Nonetheless, it is well crafted. I have a sample vial I am still working on. I like it so I gave it a thumbs up but more testing is needed to determine if it is right for me.

Epicéa by Creed

I love this scent for anytime anywhere. As always, it is a Creed so the quality is there. My only concern is that the pine reminds me of the mint in my selection verte and I am wondering if I can justify owning both. I think so because I love them both. Who know, one might can layer the fragrances!

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

I award a neutral thumb because I used to love and wear this back in the late 80s in junior high and it worked for me then. Now days, I find it ok as it brings fond memories but there are far better choices available on the market. Also, I cannot stand that cheap, plastic cap. I think they need to redesign the bottle at least.

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

Like some, I place sentimental value on it as it brings back fond memories from the late 90s. I have been considering another bottle just to relish in those carefree days when anything could have been posilbe. The trick is to spray conservatively which means only 1-2 sprays tops or it will beceome headachy.
17th May, 2006

Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

I am undecided, I want to hate it for the fact that it is a GIT clone but I love it because it does smell good and is very smooth. GIT has superior sillage and quality and chez bond has sillage and lasting power also. If I had to pick between the two I would go for GIT sue to it's natural edge as chez ond seems a tad more synthetic but who knows, I might just be crazy enough to own both although it is not justified. I think GIT is worth the price but I question CB so, since they are in relative price range, go for GIT.
12th May, 2006

Datura Noir by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I love this! It is a striking resemblence to the scent of one of my all time favorite shampoo that I can no longer find.....Ivory. Yes, ivory shampoo used to be found in wal-mart and smelled so clean and soft. Datura Noir smells exactly the same and if I can ever think a man can wear this, I might get it for myself to relive that magical aura!
06th May, 2006

Cool Water by Davidoff

I think this is Davidoff's finest! It is cool, crisp, and still manages to get alot of attention from the ladies. It smells every bit as good and modern now as it did then. A must have in anyone's collection.
06th May, 2006

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

I liked it at first but now I am starting to feel that the "candy" sweet accord in the tops is sickening and cloying. I will have to do more testing.
18th April, 2006

Kenzo pour Homme by Kenzo

It seems fresh at first but there is a note in the drydown that makes me ill.
18th April, 2006

Clean Ultimate by Clean

This smells very similar to Gendarme for men. Having said that and to let you know that I love Gendarme, I highly recommend to any lady without hesitation.

Clean Perfume by Clean

This is very fresh and exhilerating for women. It is the perfect match to the Clean Men and I recommend it to any lady who wants to smell clean all over!

Clean Men by Clean

I think the ruby red grapefruit mixed with lime, patchouly, and musk makes for a truely out-of-the-shower fresh experience and is quiute comforting for bedtime use.

Gendarme by Gendarme

Thunbs way up here! I love the thyme and leather in the drydown. It is as clean as a pure, white bar of soap and very long lasting. I favor this on certain days to my creeds!

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

This is a winner for Gucci. It is pure, modern class. I love the "burnt wood from a camp fire" smell! Also, this has my vote for the best bottle ever made; it is so heavy and fun to use! The juice is potent so 1-2 sprays will do.
11th April, 2006

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

This is definately a classic and a well known fragrance around the world. It has an unmistakable character that is easy to recognize. I will restock up on this one day in the next year or two. It still stands to be unique and not cloned.
11th April, 2006

Catalyst for Men by Halston

A good one by Halston that is probably best suited for winter. It has a distinct character.
05th April, 2006

Apparition Homme by Ungaro

My first impression was that it was a clone of Chrome by Azzaro. I asked a lady what she thought of it and she said it smelled like a scented tampon!

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Lemmon on top of tobacco. Simply rancid! I am one of those who cannot stand this putrid concoction.

D&G Masculine by Dolce & Gabbana

Lemmon on top of fig and thyme. I like the drydown ok but the lemmon in the mix makes the overall fragrance sickening. I also cannot stand tonka beans.

By Man by Dolce & Gabbana

The lavender and leather is ok but the overall feel is very animalistic and doesen't suit me.

Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

This has to be my fav D&G fragrance and one of my fav female fragrances of all time. It is absolutely stunning on a female. I wouldn't consider wearing it my self but I adore the moments when I catch a whiff of it.

YSL pour Homme Haute Concentration by Yves Saint Laurent

I is not a bad fragrance but probably not one I will purchase anytime soon. I need to try the original to better make a decision by contrast.
29th March, 2006

Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès

I did not like this at all. It was sickly sweet. I am not a mango fan in fragrances. There was no need in this creation. Even worse, I hate papaya in fragrances as well.

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

This is an instant classic! RG and Jazz are my two absolute favorites from this house and I cannot be forced to pick the better. Rive Gauche is the epitomy of mystery, class, and sexiness. The star anise gives it that deep, dark character reminescent of those 80's powerhouse fragrances. In aa world of whispy, arid fragrances, this new modern classic is refreshing and a winner indeed!

Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès

This is my fav Hermes by far! It is so unique and fresh. I love that fig note in the center of mint. Overall, this fragrance is very green, fresh, and exciting!

Vétiver Extraordinaire by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

My Favorite vetiver is Creed 1948. This FM VE would be my third perhaps. It is a little bit raunchy for my liking but overal not a bad fragrance. Although this will most likely not get any wear from me, I will still give it a thumbs up.