Reviews by ZeeK

Versus Uomo by Versace

Brilliant!

For me it is another Aramis 900 (the top-rated fragrance by my girl). Versus Uomo is identical minus the herbal features as it is more refreshing and bit friuty, also at dry down its bit different may be because of vanila and tonka..

Whatever but it is a nice addition and i am glad i found it even when it is disconnected.
22nd January, 2010

Artisan by John Varvatos

Much much better, distinct & modern then "now-a-days" linear & plain citrus offerings.... Starts off with a very natural aroma of oranges that ends up with dry woods fragrance.

I dont think its summer specific.. it can be used at various occassions and for any season...

If i would rank JV's then...
1. Vintage
2. Artisan
3. John Varvatos

Quite subtle but noticable, lasting has no complaints 6+ even more with me!

The bottle is also a great charm for collectors!
17th October, 2009

Antonio by Antonio Banderas

I do not find any bad about Antonio, by Antonio Banderas... it’s a safe scent and I and others who smelled it closely on me admired it... for me no perfume is an everyday perfume... coz I get bored myself if I use the same fragrance more than 2-3 days...

It’s a justified value against money in which u can get a 100ml of this... starts off citrusy and woody and remains linear.. Haven’t feel much change from its start to end.. Silage and longevity are quite reasonable.

I give it a sure thumb up!
31st August, 2009

Beckham Signature for Him by Beckham

Very soft and soothing fragrance which i used to wear for the relaxation of my senses specialy after fresh bath on holidays when i like staying home. Take it if u want to admire yourself not the crowd.
15th August, 2009

B*Men by Thierry Mugler

For me A*Men is a comic world Villain while the B*Men is raised to save Mugler's comic world as a Superhero... The severe and intense -ve affect of A*Men could only be revived by B*Men and nothing else...
For me A*Men is a "hate" symbol and to love it you have to get B*Men.
A*Men is simply a junk drink of caramel, coffee and chocolate... while B*Men no doubt has a burning sugar aroma and coffee touch but with bearable amount and manly affect that is blended well with spicy and woody notes.
I tested both deeply on each hand with generous amount... as a result and matter of fact, I was trying to keep my hand away from my nose where I have sprayed A*Men while Ireally admired sniffing the forearm where I have splashed B*Men.
No doubt A*Men is better in power and silage but only if you want to feel like a COSTA AD of COFFEE in VANILLA & CARAMEL flavor... yakhhhhhhhhh....!!!

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Feel in a luxury aroma of burning fragrant woods... while sitting on a luxury leather couch and enjoying the puffs of your luxury cigar... that is what GUCCI PH is all about.

A distinct, luxurious, manly and complex thing a perfume lover should have…

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

For me A*Men is a "hate" symbol and to love it you have to get B*Men.

Eau de Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

NOTE: this is not a light version nor summer variation or versioning and there is no any sort of resemblance with the original GREY FLANNEL.

Here I agree with tommy_girl... I found this quite resembled to AXE SHOCK deodorant but Eau De Grey Flannel has a character + maturity in the composition as it develops with olfactory pyramid construction for which a deodorant is not capable of.

It’s not something extra-ordinary but if you want to have something cool, refreshing and joyful occasionally then it’s a must have (For me it is).

I ranked GEOFFREY BEENE as below:
RANK 1: GREY FLANNEL
RANK 2: BOWLING GREEN
RANK 3: EAU DE GREY FLANNEL

But overall they all fall under A+ and A not below!
18th July, 2009

Narciso Rodriguez for Him by Narciso Rodriguez

The Nose: Francis Kurkdjian.

For me Fleur D' Male & Le Male were his big mistakes... which he had overcome by creating this marvel Narciso Rodriguez, even Silver Shadow was also done very well by him... But amongst these 4 under my observation NR is the best yet modern, complex and sexiest fragrance.

Violet and musk are so well blended. NR has a dry affect but is quite suitable for a moist / cold weather. Lasting and silage are appropriate for the fragrance category of intimate / romantic wear.

NR is highly recommended for highly sophisticated.

I didn’t find any sort of resemblance b/w Grey Flannel (also in my top favs.) and Narciso Rodriguez; both are totally different worlds and inspiration never meant any ditto reproductions.
15th July, 2009

Very Irrésistible for Men Fresh Attitude by Givenchy

It’s fresh, it’s polite. Right! Have nothing extra ordinary but a pride selection when you are not willing to wear a very complex one.

I like the smoothness of notes; it is not overpowering nor cried out anything, romantic & casual fragrance with reasonable lasting and silage.

Unique with me but I always gets a light aroma of GUAVA extracts from Givenchy VI-FA... I know there is no such note but may be a combination of notes in composition generates it over my skin!
27th June, 2009

Black by Kenneth Cole

It’s “Black” but unique with freshness in its own way. Not for those who are fond of simple fragrances. There is mint and I am not quite fond of “minty” notes but here the “water mint” played well specially with fresh cut aroma of ginger and mandarin. Dry down is usual musky & amber but made distinct as mixed with incense smoke, light spices & floral (lotus flower & violet leaves).

Staying power is 4+ hours and has noticeable silage. KC “black” is an elegant fragrance with mature affect to boost your romantic spirit.
26th June, 2009

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

A blind buy, but made me fond of it instantly after first spray. Marvel, sensual and exotic… found great for summer wear… for me it’s a romantic wear…
13th June, 2009

Legendary Harley-Davidson by Harley-Davidson

Nice fragrance... but for me its more resembled to OPEN by ROGER & GALET instead XS by PACO RABBANE. Has a less soapy but more oily affect. Not suitable for daily use but its inexpensive and has a very manly affect.
30th May, 2009

Déclaration Essence by Cartier

The initial blast reminds me of Terre d’ Hermes & Ferragamo, F. It is smoky & earthy as both of them and I do feel an intense citric aroma with peppery affects as well that goes to a perfect woody dry-down.

For me it’s a formal wear in office and informal wear (casual & romantic) otherwise. No complaints for lasting and sillage.

It can be flagged as a “classic” fragrance and it is highly recommended from my side.

PS. I have tested Cartier, Declaration Essence - 2001 & Kenzo, Jungle Pour Homme (zebra) – 1998 in a single instance and I am quite sure that they are fairly similar but with my senses and in my opinion Cartier is a winner as for fragrance composition, lasting & sillage.
13th April, 2009

Solo Loewe by Loewe

For a man who bears strong character with self-confidence. SOLO LOEWE is a very original and exclusive composition of citruses, spices and musk, a pure blend reflecting the colors of the modern world in to an up to date man
31st March, 2009

Aigner White Man by Etienne Aigner

Aigner White (Man) is an elegant fragrance and it is one of those perfumes that maintains originality and attract senses. It is categorized as Woody-Floral-Musk but it has great essences of spices and fruits that play a vital role to develop fascinating aroma. It is recommended for everyday (spring / summer) wear as an unburdened fragrance which is quite sensual and fresh. Not in my any top lists but I like it every time I wear it and get compliments.

How I conclude the aroma is: spicy grapefruit in top watermelon & smooth-light floral in middle that goes to amber musk dry-down.

Company:
Etienne Aigner is a famous German company in the field of leather goods, fashion accessories and perfumes. It is one of the most deep rooted companies in Germany & most successful through the use of the best types of natural leathers.
30th March, 2009

Wings by Police

Police Wings is an inexpensive perfume but a worthy choice to indulge you in a modern and unique character. I wore it in the winter and it goes perfect with the season. Longevity is good while it has silage that emits flashes in surrounding. For romantic and casual wear!

Composition is Lemon (with some polite bitterness), Coriander, Apple blossom, Violet Leaves; Heart is Woody and Spicy mix with the hint of Floral; Base includes well kept Musky notes with Tonka Bean.
27th March, 2009

Not Lasting
No Silage at all
Very very close to skin
High Price

A Neutral that is close to Negative for SJ-Unforgivable!
27th March, 2009

Versace Man by Versace

I might not like the odor of whiskey, port wine & vodka but I like Baldessarini Ambre, Burberry London & Joop! Jump a lot.

Similarly, the vibe of tobacco certainly makes me feel irritated but smelling the Versace Man awakens my senses positively and my nose is adjusted to sniff it again n again. This was so far a lengthy decision and I tested Versace Man various times before making a final conclusion to add it in my wardrobe. Now, I SIMPLY LOVE IT!

It is a mix of spices and woods with tobacco dominance that plays the HIDE n SEEK with silage-waves. It’s sexy, it’s manly and it lasts.

PS. Synthetic: YES! But call it a “Synthetic Art”. Do not compare it with Terre D’ Hermes because the result will be an INFINITY as they are totally different worlds.

21st March, 2009

Magnetism for Men by Escada

Fragrance of Escada Magnetism is so mysterious. It changes surprisingly after a dry-down as might have an unliking impression (for some people) at first spray due to an intense blast of pepper and saffron; My wife found it a perfect match with my body chemistry. And the words were hard to find for her to express the feel of this fragrance when mixed with my body odour; She expressed.. "So romantic! It’s not just a perfume it’s a magic hidden in fragrance bottle".

The aphrodisiac fragrance (note: SCHINUS) for spreading an initimate romantic aroma. Lasts 5+ hours, great sillage and a moderate fragrance that is most suitable for evening / night ROMANTIC wear but not bound to
14th March, 2009

Alien Sunessence by Thierry Mugler

NOT FOR MEN!

Alien Sunessence EDT Legere by Thierry Mugler is a fragrance for women. Spring / Summer version of "GREAT" Alien. Featuring Lemon, Amber and Jasmine.
12th March, 2009

Wolfgang Joop! by Joop!

Had a chance to test it recently. For me its quite resembled to Joop! Jump (2005). Even Joop! Jump is more seductive, well balanced and bears character of its own. While WolfGang is more towards maturity and had variations of Woods & Spices but can't be said "Jump out of your suit"!!
12th March, 2009

Cerruti pour Homme by Cerruti

A very distintive fragrance but uncommon may because of a new launch. Not even a minor resemblance with JPG-Fleur D Male (as commented by few at different forums). For me I cant categorize it as a Floral Scent. It’s a citrus as well as spicy (balanced) fragrance and have a great chemistry with my skin as for lasting, whenever (Day / Night) I used it. A refreshing fragrance with Citrus Zest, Mandarin, Bergamot in top with heart containing Anise, Basil, Coriander and ends with Sandalwood, Cedar & Guaiacum Wood.

A moderate fragrance, good for romantic / casual wear and lasts 3-6 hours in my case. Not in my regular use but whenever I use it, gives a perfect wearing experience. My wife loves it!
09th March, 2009 (last edited: 25th March, 2009)

Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

I tried if I could like JPG offerings: Le Male and Fleur D’ Male. These fragrances in my ultimate opinion (whether good or bad) are typical "metro sexual" realities! Thereafter, being a lasting and silage monsters is an impractical feature for insisting me to put them in any sort of regular usage.

Thumbs Down for having these worst fragrances in my collection. I spent a quite heavy price to get them. Worst 2nd Buy in my 75+ collection is “Le Male” while the 1st one is "Fleur D' Male" (yakhhhhhhh!!!)

And after getting these 2 from JPG, I learnt to try at least twice before buying any PERFUME!

Final Conclusion: Only use in which I can put Le Male is to mix it with some sophisticated heavy & spicy fragrance to give a little sweet touch! And unfortunately can’t put Fleur D’ Male even for such a use.
09th March, 2009

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

09th March, 2009

Scuderia Ferrari Extreme by Ferrari

Sorry but its an odour that reflects a mix of various feminine cosmetic junk by highlighting the smell of lipsticks

Ferrari Passion by Ferrari

Ferrari Passion! Not meant to intimacy & romance. But an aroma of passion that mechanics used to have working with engines in garage.

Bowling Green by Geoffrey Beene

Bowling Green” is magnificently a classic composition with individuality yet modern & masculine, bears personality, solid contender to any latest (& childish) fruity-fresh fragrance offerings. Very clean, sharp and fresh fragrance that starts with an intense citrus-fruity blast that calms down to a moderate woody aroma with the hint of spices.

Python Uomo by Trussardi

I approached for Trussardi Python when I found out that it’s remarkably a unique composition that I have never experienced in any other fragrance altogether! What I get is a creamy bunch of various uncommonly used components include: Fig tree bark, Bourbon, Coumarin (that probably an organic compound used as a fragrant-equivalent of Vanilla), Salak Pulp (which is also known as snake fruit due to the reddish-brown scaly skin, may be the title “python” is in that reference).

As for conclusion Trussardi Python is a subtle fragrance that stays close to the skin, no doubts for its rarity. My only negative point is for its unfair silage while the fragrance lasts reasonably. This can simply be worn any time and for any occasion.
04th March, 2009

Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

This is the only masculine offering by Vera Wang so far. Vera Wang Men is a sweet – fresh fragrance but quite seductive, enchanting and entirely a gentlemen’s fragrance.

For me it is a blend of citrus – green at top, leather – aromatic spice at heart and tobacco – wood at base by preserving the notes in such a way that keeps the fragrance sweet & refreshing overall. You won’t get a pure citrus nor leafy mix at start but a fruity fresh sweetness, you won’t get spicy leather warmth at heart but a fresh & mild aroma of anise mingles with nutmeg & leather notes, so as dry-down won’t give a tobacco-y warmth but a mix woody affect with sandal wood.

I have few reservations about its lasting but yes over apply is the only fix to keep it with you while silage is reasonably good. It is suited for special & romantic occasions. I recommend it as a safest choice of scent for romantic wear. But my thumb goes full up as it is a proven “seductive thing” for my chemistry.
03rd March, 2009