Reviews by JennieJenJamz

JennieJenJamz's avatar
    JennieJenJamz

Néonatura - Cocoon by Yves Rocher

I totally agree with the Pigeonkiller. I got this for my mom because she likes these thick, dark, musky, incense like odors. I hated it. Okay, loathed. It was way tooooooooo sweet! And it was strong. Mom likes that kind of thing. Just way too much thickness. It reminds me of candy.

Altikä by Yves Rocher

My man still has a bit left of this scent. I do smell a slight mint to it, but not much. It's forgetable, really, and the scent doesn't stay on as long as Homme Nature or the two Eryos. Average scent for young guys.

Transat by Yves Rocher

Boring scent. Good for the young guys. But totally forgetable! And it lacks staying power.

Hoggar by Yves Rocher

This is too sweet smelling and strong, if using too many squirts. Go easy on the trigger, fellas! But, I smelt caramel? I found this to be similar to Obsession, but not as nice. Too nauseating in the warmer months, so stick to cooler days. It does seem to last a looong time, too!

Eryo Blue by Yves Rocher

This is light and refreshing. Not strong at all. I like this and the Eryo. Eryo is better, but this is nice. Kind of aquatic, crisp. Lasts a while too.

Eryo by Yves Rocher

Strong? I get a classy cologne that reminds me of Obsession, but not as loud. This is quite subtle. I mean, don't bathe in it! Very elegant. One of Yves Rocher's best. It's lightly dark and woody and warm, but not nauseating as some of these sweet scents are. This is very nice. And it does last!

Desir De Nature by Yves Rocher

Okay, I really thought this was lovely, but it didn't stay on for very long at all! Hell, I could bathe in this stuff and it would fade within 30 minutes! Not strong stuff at all, but nice. One of Yves Rocher's best.

Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche

So highschool! And it has a stinkiness to it, like b.o. or stale farts. It's just dirty smelling. It is powerful stuff, but it dries down to a stinky deathlike musk. Kind of earthy like. My husband got a free bottle from a friend and I sighed shaking my head thinking, "I hope he uses it for work and not around the house!" It just doesn't smell right! Cheap smelling.

09 June, 2008

Skin Musk / Bonne Bell Skin Musk by Prince Matchabelli

Not one of my favorite musks, in fact, my least liked. I remember when Bonne Bell had it, every girl in junior high wore it. Boring! It also smells phony and very, very cheap. Not a true musk, but good for preteens.

PS by Paul Sebastian

My stepdad had this and it reminds me a bit of that Lagerfield. Both stink like B.O. drying down to something sickly sweet. On him anyway. Like I said on the review of Lagerfield, thank god he liked the Obsession more! Cheap smelling stuff.

Polo by Ralph Lauren

I kind of like this one. It reminds me a bit of Aspen by Coty and Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche, but better I think. More elegant, refined. Drakkar is a bit too dark and nasty dirt smelling, and Aspen is quite mellow. I remember the boys in highschool wearing this and I would go into hysterics how they so overdid it that it stank. One guy even came into class drenched in the stuff that for awhile I hated the stench. Now that hardly anyone will wear it anymore, I like it. I like the older scents that so many men are staying away from because of the new "sissy" scents(too soft in my opinion). This is what a MAN wears. I like men who aren't afraid to wear the oldies but goodies. So sexy! Oh, and my man gets SO many compliments from the ladies when he wears this! Back off ladies! He's all mine!

Escape for Men by Calvin Klein

I'm confused......to me Escape smells similar to Eternity? Both stink and both dry down to something sickly sweet, on my stepdad anyway. And the women's isn't any better. Same sickly sweet afteraffect. Really, what, besides Obsession, is good from Calvin Klein?

cK one by Calvin Klein

This stuff stinks! It's more masculine than feminine, so I smelled like a guy! Yuck! A guy at work wore this and I told him he stank awful. 'What! I payed over $50 bucks on this!' Oh, okay, like that means you're not supposed to stink, right? NOT! This is one of the worst I've smelled! And it smells cheap and sickly! It's very nauseating to smell and wear. One of Klein's worst. It's very sharp, crisp and strong when first applying, but that sweet-sour chemical odor! It's on my bug repellent list. And it stinks on everyone I've smelled it on!

Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger

My cousin and sis wore this and I really don't see the big deal! It's too sweet smelling to me. Nauseating. And cheap smelling.

Enjoli by Revlon

Is this still around? Cuz' if so, I want to buy! And buy alot! This was one of my mom's favorite and now she wears bad odors like Emeraude, Tabu, Maja, and Patchouli oil......oh, if this is available, maybe she'd wear it and we'd all, finally, get to sniff something pleasant once in awhile! It's a soft floral and slightly sweet, but not too bad.

Safari by Ralph Lauren

Pretty, but too sweet smelling on me and you know what the sweet smelling juices do to me--stomach churning, not good! The men's is nice, though!

Wind Song by Prince Matchabelli

Okay, like I get this one confused with that one from Dana, Heaven Sent. Kind of similar on the dry down being powdery and soft. But both stink. They start out as quite strong and a bit chemical on application and dries down to a powder scent. Cheap smelling, too.

360 Degrees for Women by Perry Ellis

Gross. Too sweet smelling as in very nauseating. It smells good in the bottle, but actually wearing it is a totally different thing. And it's not a good thing at all. Very cheap smelling, too. Gosh, aren't most perfumes though? I have yet to come across anything really outstanding. Most are very blah, blah, blah. So is this. Even more so than others. I can't believe I wore it! I must've been in a drunken haze..........

Oscar by Oscar de la Renta

Way too soft and girlie for me. I mean, I even forgot I had it on! Hell, I could barely sniff it! Too floral for me as I like something with a bit more depth and intrigue about it. There's no interest here. Boring. And cheap smelling. But man! Does this stuff come in huge bottles! I've seen it at Beauty Boutique in huge ounces! Yeah, because they're trying to get rid of it! It's so bland, plain, blah, blah, blah. If you don't like strong stuff, this may be it for you, because it's one of the softest I've sniffed.

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci

Whew-wee! This joins that barf inducer list along with Giorgio and other stinky, bug spray chemical toxic wastes! Boy, this really stinks bad! My sis wore this and that other stinky Giorgio in the 80's. I wonder, did anyone ever tell her she stank? Who the hell am I to laugh? I wore the Red and Tabu! TABU! OMG, the poor choices we had in the 80's! And it hasn't gotten much better! But this is a very strong and sharp scent that doesn't tone itself down at all. Very distinctive and not in a good way at all. It stings the eyes and snot begins to run from your nose on application. Very potent stuff! This is the stuff chemical weapons are made from! It's got to be! This would be perfect for a chemical weapon because it clears the whole room out! Seriously, this is rancid stuff! Every finger down on this stench!

Maja by Myrurgia

This is another of my mom's favorites that I'm beginning to think that she really likes stinking! I mean, okay, this is better than Emeraude, Tabu, patchouli oil....but, not by much! It's heavy, spicy and too much like incense! You know, like those triangle incense thingies you light on fire to smoke out your house? Yeah, those stinky things! Or those tall and thin stick things you burn.........yuck! Thank god she likes the soap better, as it's more nose friendly!

Lucky You for Women by Lucky Brand

This is quite soft and powdery, but a bit too sweet for me. It's nice though. Kind of bland and boring. Too plain to rave about really. It was fruity which may explain why it was sweet to me.

Realities (original) by Liz Claiborne

Sickly sweet to me. My sis wore it and same thing. A bit nauseating. I really don't care for Liz Claiborne's perfumes/colognes. They're cheap smelling to me.

Trésor (new) by Lancôme

This smells so heavenly, in the bottle, of course! No, not on me! Others have worn this and it's pretty, but nothing like what's in the bottle! How so teasing! It's kind of fruity smelling, but I catch floral notes as well. It was a bit too strong at first only to dry down to a musty like powder. I thought this was one of the better scents to come out in the 90's. I still like the smell. Not on me, though. Only in that pretty bottle.

Wings by Wings

I've come to the conclusion that anything by Giorgio Beverly Hills is going to stink. Think Giorgio, Red.......Wings doesn't disappoint in this case. It stinks like the other toxic chemical wastes Giorgio Beverly Hills produces. Way too sweet that it's barf chunk inducing. Nauseating stench and cheap.

Love's Baby Soft by Love's

Okay, first, the other Love versions stank. The original is the best, even though it smells a bit phony like to me. It's soft and dries to a powder, like baby powder! Duh! Wow! I mean, really, I'd just rather go out and purchase the lotion and powder instead! Nothing exciting here. But, good for the little girls and preteens.

Lady Stetson by Stetson

Spicy, sharp and cheap smelling.

Jean Nate by Revlon

A spicy, bitter lemon scent. Too sour smelling for me with a sharp zing that hits your nose. Not nice and pleasant to splash on after a bath at all. I'd rather have something soft, clean, powdery. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Rare Pearls by Avon

Oooh, I really don't like this one. Imari is way worse, but, this stinks so sickly sweet, that I can't stand smelling it without wanting to barf chunks! My aunt-in-law had come over one day having bathed in it and she left this chemical waste floating all throughout my house. And it was so bad! An older gal might enjoy this, but I don't know, it is very sweet smelling. My house wasn't rid of this stench until the next day, and even then I smelt leftovers. Yuck, yuck, yuck Avon!

Pur Désir de Gardenia by Yves Rocher

This was just horrible to smell! I thought it might lighten up when I wore it, but, nope! I just got a very strong, stinging chemical waste odor from this. Way too spicy! Yucky, yuck, yuck!