Reviews by 40ish

40ish's avatar
    40ish

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Wonderful smell. Poor longevity. 4 stars.

17 November, 2008

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

You gotta give credit where credit is due. This stuff will make a troll smell good to a woman. If it had longevity, it would be even better. 4 stars.

16 November, 2008

King by Parfums de Coeur

This soapy scent would get a sideways thumb, but since it doesn't live up to its longevity claim(~15 hours), it gets the down thumb.

31st October, 2008

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This is the flagship of unisex...neither feminine nor masculine. It's Pat...in a bottle.

27 August, 2008

Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren

Got a bottle for Christmas. Am sending it along with Pi, Joop, Ferre, and New Ego for a professional female opinion. They're suppose to be in the ultra-masculine category. See if she can't do something with these bad boys. Wish I had Cacharel and Fendi to send with them. Maybe compare them next year or two if they get legs like D&G and Gucci. Will keep you posted.

22 April, 2008

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

Alternated this fragrance with Nautica in 2007 and guess how many unsolicited stranger comments I got...0. 0 comments = 0 score. My deodorant got more than that.

Polo by Ralph Lauren

If there is a time when you don't give a damn how you smell to other people, then Polo is my favorite for that category. Would be great for a potpourri in a Nobel laureate's study, a cabin in Alaska, something 007 would wear while skiing...that kind of thing. Maybe Ralph Lauren felt like that when he was making it. I think it's synonymous with the attainment of the American dream, whatever that is to you. The emerald green of the bottle matches the color of the piney tree juice therein. If emeralds had a smell, that's what they would smell like. Just for the brashness, I give it a thumb's up.

Nautica Classic by Nautica

I alternated this with Polo Black last year and got 0 unsolicited stranger comments. 0 comments = 0 score. My deodorant got more than that. I agree with tvlampboy...waste of good glass.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

This is the highest rated cologne on this website(positives-negatives). I will alternate this fragrance with Gucci Envy(rated #2) for one year and give you my rating based on unsolicited comments from strangers. 2007 winner-Old Spice Red Zone Glacial Falls anti-perspirant/deodorant-1. Polo Black-0. Nautica-0.

Destiny by Marilyn Miglin

This is the best perfume I have ever smelled on a woman. My friend has worn this scent, sporadically, since I met her in 1997. She is very feminine, and has a chemistry and nose for perfume, especially the white flowers of Destiny. I have given gifts of Destiny over the years to several females, including my mother. They have since then regarded me as perfumier extraordinaire, a title undeserved but nonetheless accepted. They are always wanting to know if the latest scents are better than Destiny, or more feminine, and I can honestly say "No!" A perfume should be feminine, and Destiny is femininity par excellence.