Reviews by isaacc7

Bitter Orange by Agraria

This smells exactly, exactly like the old Christmas ornaments made by sticking cloves into an orange (known as a pomander). It is a heavy, sweet smell with lots of cloves in it. It lasts quite a while although it develops a rather noticeable fecal note on me in the summer. I use it as a room fragrance to great effect and it also works very well in cold temperatures. This is not a "fresh" orange scent, it is a wet, somewhat "dirty" orange smell, but with a heavy clove overtone. A great combo for the right occasion.
25th December, 2006

Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi

It starts off sweet, but there is a spicy undercurrent to balance it out. After several minutes, wave after wave of pepper and other spices waft up, it's a spicy somewhat sweet heaven, one of my favorites!
06th February, 2006

Parfums des Beaux Arts Majhoun by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

My second favorite scent! This is a dark, exotic, spicy combination that always reminds me of the middle east. Lasts all day on me and is some of the most potent stuff I've ever used, so go lightly with it:-)

Parfums des Beaux Arts Cimabue by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

An interesting, sweet concoction with decent lasting power. I could never figure out what this sent wanted to "be". The opening note reminds me a bit of lemon hard candy, but not really if you know what I mean. Like all of DSH perfumes, it is avery complex and smooth, but this one isn't for me.

Parfums des Beaux Arts Acqua di Venezia by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

This is a nice, citrus based scent that is light and custom made for the hot summer months. Unfortunetly it doesn't last at all on me, so I'll stick to the similar (if slightly "heavier" ) Aqua di Parma CA.

Parfums des Beaux Arts Gingembre by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

My favorite scent! It is spicy, warm, and exotic. The top note of ginger might knock you over, but it settles down quickly into a cornucopia of spice goodness. Never dark on me, it has decent sillage and lasts all day long. Be careful, a little bit goes a long way! If you're a spice lover, or even if you just love smelling VERY different from everyone else, you gotta check this out!

Isaac

Poivre by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

A smoldering scent that will really warm you up! More complex (I think) than my only other pepper comparison Piper Nigrum, i is also noticeably more expensive. Good thing Poivre lasts so long on me...

1903 by J Peterman

This is a real change from my usual spicy, heavier scents. As it stands right now, 1903 is the lightest scent I own. The drydown is pretty subtle on me, staying close to the skin. I'm getting around an hour or so of decent strength, it dies down considerably after that.

Isaac

Millésime Impérial by Creed

Hmm, I wonder if I got a bad sample. All I smelled was salt. It was as though I had splashed some water out of the harbor on me. I felt dirty and smelly for quite a while.
15th October, 2005

Orange Spice by Creed

Long lasting, complex citrus scent. It is one of the few citruses that is not sweet, as the name implies, it's got quite a spice feel to it. I love the musk in the drydown.
10th October, 2005

Magnetism for Men by Escada

Too sweet for my tastes, making it a bit too "feminen" for my tastes. It is overpoweringly sweet at first and become more well behaved as it drys down. Not my cup of tea.
18th August, 2005