Reviews by bellaviola

Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

Smells so beautiful, lasts for less than ten minutes (literally!) even though I coated myself head-to-toe in it.

Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren

Delicious warm interpretation of the noir concept without being to thick or tar-y. Very sumptuous and elegant.

Lauren Style by Ralph Lauren

I bought it on sale (at a duty-free, where else, right?) and it bores me to tears. Boring! I am using it now as an air-freshener for my car.
That being said, it does not smell offensive. Unless you consider being bored to DEATH offensive.

Brit for Men by Burberry

Alright ok... My new man-friend wears this... and it's alright, ok?
But honestly it's too sweet and feminine. I didn't really notice it on him (ever, which speaks volumes, I'd say) but today it got into my head to wear it myself and it smells much better on me! That powdery-rose plus gourmand thing smells downright housewifey! Luckily I wore it to a ladies luncheon at my mother's church so it blended nicely with all of the other powdery rose gourmand scents floating around amidst the hairspray and mothball smell...
I don't know. It's a new relationship, so maybe there's hope for his nose

Joop! Homme by Joop!

Oh, no. No no no no.
Oh my.
Just can't even almost like this one. No no no. Like really unpleasant women's perfume.
Oh no.
I respect the brave men who wear this, but oh no. No no no.

Emporio Armani He by Giorgio Armani

I swathed an ex-boyfriend in this when it first came out. It's very good. I'm disappointed though that I can't recycle it onto someone else...
That's cheating, right?

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

This surely is a re-release!!! The original (which I own and was looking to replace) is unforgettable, phenomenal... The new bottle is a huge disappointment
05th October, 2008

Mania (original) by Giorgio Armani

I adore this fragrance. I gave it to my sister for her birthday many years ago, and we were both heartbroken when it was discontinued.
11th May, 2008

Pure Poison Elixir by Christian Dior

I bought this for myself a few years ago; I guess it had just been released. I needed something really powerfully sexy and this was it. A seductive punch in the face. Great complexity, VERY SEXUAL, smooth and easy on the dry down, long life. Unabashed hedonism in a bottle.

Blush by Marc Jacobs

Gorgeous. So simple, fresh and pretty and innocent. I bought it to wear on my wedding day. Perfection.

Lacoste pour Homme by Lacoste

It's nice... simple, elegant and rather delicious in a subtle way. The drydown is especially lovely. I get a lot of sandalwood/vanilla warmth. It is not terribly long-lasting however.
07th May, 2008 (last edited: 08th May, 2010)

Sienna by Crabtree & Evelyn

I bought it for my husband as an intro to wearing scent everyday. He's not as nose-y as I am, so I thought this would be a nice easy push to get him into fragrance. It's working well. The sweetness blends into his chemistry really well, and the smoky, leathery spices give his macho-ness some refinement. He's getting a lot more attention than usual from women. He likes it. So do I.

Allure Eau de Parfum by Chanel

Gorgeous fragrance: complex, rich, great sillage. Different notes display prominently depending on your body chemistry. Unforgettable.
07th May, 2008 (last edited: 10th June, 2008)