Reviews by Volanges

Volanges's avatar
    Volanges

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins

This is my absolutely favorite "eau de cologne," which always puts me in a good mood when I try it.
    At first you are hit with a strong alcohol smell which quickly reveals coriander and other spices along with citrus. It is never overpowering and it lasts all day. I have tried the shower gel and deodorant and both smell great. I have mixed feelings about the shampoo, it doesn't smell the same but the consistency is creamy and lathers well.
    It is delicious and refreshing during the summer months, but I am so addicted to it that I keep wearing it all through winter.

03rd February, 2009

Eau Ressourçante / Eau Tranquility by Clarins

Not as great as Eau Dynamisante, but similarly refreshing with more floral notes and a hint of citrus and more energizing than calming.
    I definitely find this frag more perfumy and less "masculine" than Eau Dynamisante, and it doesn't last as long as I would like it to.
    In any event, as someone else wrote here, this is a good value.

03rd February, 2009

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

I first smelled this fragrance in the summer of 1994. I was in an elevator in Montreal when a very handsome man stepped in and filled the elevator with a delicious, sweet scent. I immediately asked him what he was wearing, "Roma by Laura Biagiotti," he replied. Whenever I smell this fragrance, I am transported to that exact moment in time and to that summer. It has since become my trademark scent to wear in the warmer months of the year.
    The combination of citrus and sweetness is what wins me over, as well as its long permanence on my skin, hours after I applied it. While some reviewers complain of a chemical lingering scent, I do not mind it at all and to me it is part of this fragrance's signature. I always get compliments on it. Although its sweetness is now dated, for me it is not a bad thing to relive the early 90's...

25th April, 2008