Reviews by Gerco

Oscar de la Renta pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta

Next to Anteus, Trussardi Uomo, Gucci Envy this one takes a place in my top 5 scents.

21st September, 2008

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

In 1994 i discovered Roma. I was sol immediatly and used it for years as my signature scent. Redently is smelled it again and i was totallly overwhelmed by the sweet, sweet smell. In those days it got lots of female compliments, but nowadays ?

Enjoy Roma if you can, but my roma-days were in the 90-ties.

11th July, 2008

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

This is adifferent smell indeed. Normally I go for the woody masculine scents, but this one is very nice. I get the
    sweet, spicy top notes and the star anise note is indeed prominent.) Then it moves quickly to flora; accord that’s dominated by a patchouli note. At last i got a a deep vetiver note drydown.

Barbersmell ? No way, this goes further than that. Recommended ! 8,5/10 oh,no............. defenitly a 9/10

10th July, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th July, 2008)

Déclaration by Cartier

Yesterday i received a 2 ml tester with my Michel Kors buy. I tried it ( know cartier from santos....sweet,sweeter, sweetest).
    The opening top notes immediatly took me away. My wife asked : what are you wearing now ?
    In the middle note i smelled the pepper, combined witht he fruity's. It dried down to a very pleasant non toxicating smell, wich discretely fills the room. Nice, very nice ! On my wishlist, defenitly !

05 July, 2008

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

Today i'm wearing Michael for the first time......i recognize a lot of the positive reviews here about this scent. This could become one of my favorite scents of all time.

yep, it's great, another 9/10

03 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th July, 2008)

Knize Ten by Knize

After a few days waering Knize 10, i must say i still hate the openingsnote. My girlfriend's remark is : "terrible, it smells like you've showered in used motoroil and dried yourself with an old oily, turpentine and sweaty rag".

After 1 1/2 hours it's get soften and even a tiny little bit sweet . The leather is there and is there to stay. It has a remarkable longetivity ( the next day in the shower it still fills up the bathroom). The opening: thermonuclear indeed, but the fall down is great. IMHO there are better scents, and it certainly won't become my everyday scent, but it is in my wardrobe and is there to stay.

ZZtop's advise on knize ten is correct:

The trick to enjoying Knize Ten is to:

1) Wear it in (very) cool weather !
    2) Only Mist instead of spraying, and one is enough !

This way you prevent that fellow workers and the house dog or cat run away from you as if your carrying a fatal desease.

The opening: 2/10
    The driedown: 7,5 / 10

02 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th July, 2008)

Santos Concentrée by Cartier

I used to wear this a lot. I recently discovered an old bottle and after all those years, it still smelled........great !

29 June, 2008

Envy for Men by Gucci

Buy, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for the reviews, guys ! I used to pass by all the gucci scents.

29 June, 2008 (Last Edited: 11th July, 2008)

Dunhill for Men by Dunhill

great scent, fitting to a english bespoke suit and expensive leather shoes. Medium sillage an longetivity on me.

23 May, 2008 (Last Edited: 29 June, 2008)