Reviews by sweettooth52000

sweettooth52000's avatar
    sweettooth52000

Freedom for Him by Tommy Hilfiger

I'll agree that this scent is not the best. Initially seems promising, but the drydown is pretty bad. I wouldn't purchase again.

05th June, 2008

Ezra Fitch by Abercrombie & Fitch

Okay first off let me make myself clear, Abercrombie is notorious for poor products w/ cologne. I recieved my bottle, "brand new" and the bottles' metal top was Actually coming OFF the glass half. I had never seen something as poor put together before and actually sold. But anyway, aside from that the fragrance was fine so i'm overlooking the bottle. Now on to the Fragrance.

The fragrance begins with a slight soapiness(Very slight) and has kind've a light airy attack. After about an hour, it seems more spicy then musky, and much much more like leather. After say two hours of drydown, it has a very solid leather scent to it, and a good one at that. Sillage is good if you have the right body chem, on me it lasts nearly 9 hours, that's to the point where people can still smell it, and I only use three sprays overall.

I've seen countless put downs on this fragrance, but for you leather lovers this is actually good. When I first recieved it, I thought it was just too cheap/synthetic. But just give it time, and the fragrance is very nice and dries down to something that will get you noticed in a good way. Admitedly, this is not for everybody. It has a much more refine pallet, but if you want something that is good for evening wear, and winter time, this is a good one.

04th June, 2008

Abercrombie & Fitch Woods by Abercrombie & Fitch

Eh, Abercrombie wasn't doing quite so great back when they designed Woods. I recently obtained a bottle after reading all of the reviews, and seeing how fast it sells on Ebay. Honestly it wasn't impressive, the immediate scent I thought of when I sprayed this was soap. Cheap generic soap. THen it dries down to Amber, and a hint of wood. Then that's about it, just fades out into a generic light airy wood. Little bit of pine added in. I think it would've been better if it actually smelled more like Wood then soap, but that's my opinion. For the cost(say around 90$ if your lucky, 200$ if you purchase from a retailer) it's really not worth it. If you're a savy buyer, go buy a auction bottle, and resale, bout all that this fragrance is good for.

29th May, 2008 (Last Edited: 05th June, 2008)

Cologne 41 by Abercrombie & Fitch

As if the Abercrombie guys walked across to Aeropastel and smelled Maximum. It's basically an exact copy, and is 30$ more... Good scent, but is it really worth it? Probably not.

Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

Fierce is actually really nice. It starts out with a mild citrus and spicy high note. The mid notes aren't super inovative, just a clean scent. But the drydown is a nice spicy wood. It is a little expensive for how long it lasts, but for dates and informal events, this is nice.

26th May, 2008 (Last Edited: 05th June, 2008)

Joop! Homme by Joop!

Ah...the classic Joop! I bought this reading some "fabulous" reviews online about it. That was a big mistake. The lasting power is amazing, which for this one is not a good thing. It is sooo flowery and sweet that it induces headaches. Also, it never really dries down to anything nice, it simply stays Super sweet (for hours). I couldn't even wash it off when I wanted to. Simple advice, try it before you buy it. It could be okay, but only for a Really adventurous person..or someone who is not looking for a date.

Envy for Men by Gucci

This scent is an interesting one. At first spray it seems to be sweet, and as it dries down on me, it gets smokier and smokier. By the end (about an hour) it smells like i've just been outside burning wood. I'll have to say, yes it does smell good, but it's not something I would wear everyday. It's a sophisticated scent, and I wouldn't recomend it for anyone under college age, but for certain occasions this could be nice. I'll give it a Eh-Okay rating, since it just doesn't have much flexibility.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Nothing new or special. Sweet clean scent that you always smell passing by in the mall/street/wherever. I will say that it is nice once it has dried down. But be forewarned that this scent has a Very short lasting strength. I can spray 8 or 9 sprays on, and by lunch it has dissapated completely(and yes I asked others around me, it simply doesn't last). For the right person and body chemistry you may get better lasting power, but for the cost it's not quite worth it. Never buy this from Armani, it's not worth over 50$ and ebay usually sells it off for under 30$. Wouldn't buy again, but it at least is nice.