Reviews by KJL

KJL's avatar
    KJL

Le Temps d'Une Fête by Parfums de Nicolaï

The high, sweet, spicy, green narcissus top note settles into this exquisite scent's rich, warm and harmonious floral and wood heart -- intact, complete - nothing to take away, nothing to add. I understand, I suppose, why "old fashioned" is a pejorative term these days when describing a perfume. Like a Jane Austin novel, this scent transcends such distinctions. One of any age could wear it for a lifetime. It is classic, timeless, a truly rare and beautiful jewel.

31st October, 2009

Chinatown by Bond No. 9

New to the world of perfumistas, I bought a few untried scents that seemed worth the risk off eBay (a short, but expensive, phase), mostly on reviews from Perfumes: The Guide by Sanchez and Turin (I love that book!) A bit discouraged, I tentatively opened my Bond No. 9 Chinatown, and I AM IN HEAVEN! I am so happy to have found this scent. I will wear it with pleasure for a long time and highly recommend anyone to at least give it a try. It is wonderful to read the other reviewers comments here, as well. There is so much to learn and experience about this fascinating and compelling art.

31st May, 2008