Reviews by Noalick

Noalick's avatar
    Noalick
    Sweden Sweden

Lavender Palm by Tom Ford

I love lavender. I love Jicky, Pour un Homme, Antihéros, you name it.

I was fooled by Tom Fords Lavender Palm more than once. At first, I definately got the lavender and a certain saltyness, but found that scent suffered from something synthetic. The second time I was looking for the tropical notes, such as cocos that had been mentioned by other reviewers, but ended up thinking the scent was too weak. The third time I smelled Lavender Palm was in the air, from a whiff off my neck, and boy was I taken by its aura. Suddenly the puzzle made sense and I was able to distinguish a beautiful blanket of herbs. There's bright citrus in the there too, oakmoss and flowers. Dry flowers.

Dissecting this perfume up close seems pointless to me. Put it on your neck, close your eyes, start spinning your office chair and just go... ahhhhh!

28 June, 2012

Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

In short: This is what I always wanted Givency Pi to be. Never jumping out of comfort zone, never being boring.

Inhaling Chergui up close gives you a rubbery sweet feeling. I never thought of it before, but strip Bvlagri Black out of its leather, replace it with hay and honey/sweet tobacco and you might actually have Chergui. I'll be damned.

29 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 28 June, 2012)

Nemo by Cacharel

Intially Nemo reminds me of Declaration in all its warm spicyness, but the comparison ends there. The cardamom note lingers on top from the beginning. However, while Declaration begs a statement of you early on, Nemo slips by in a subtle way, leaving no room for a negative response. This pattern continues throughout the drydown and ends up in a unique mixture of smoke and sweetness.

With that said, Nemo has slight synthetical feel about it and might come across as a bit run-of-the-mill. Nemo will always have a special place in my heart though, being one of the first fragrances I fell in love with.

13 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 28 June, 2012)