Reviews by choombak

choombak's avatar
    choombak
    India India

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

Fantastic fragrance - decent longevity, decent sillage. Reminds me of Tommy Bahama for Men.

17 April, 2012

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

The "extreme" reviews are a good indication of the potency of this fragrance. You can have either a love or a hate relationship with this one. It makes a very, very strong statement, and is for the man who is assertive and highly confident. The clove opening is distinct, but I love the base note - incense, it lasts, and lasts, and lasts. It is my favorite perfume, and I keep on returning to this one, no matter what new fragrances I try. Love or hate relation, remember? :-)

12 October, 2010

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

This is amazing stuff. I applied one spritz to my arm, and it stays there with its base notes reminding me now and again of its presence. Very pleasant base notes, and very different. The top seems flowery to me -- wild flowers which lasts for about an hour before the cedarwood makes its appearance. The drydown is simply amazing.

Very different from the original Kouros, which was "cloves thrown all over my body".

09 October, 2009

Desire Blue by Dunhill

Only the top notes smell interesting. On my skin the base notes smell horrible. Poor longevity. Good for those who like the aquatic/fresh genre of perfumes. Nothing great.

Cuba Blue by Cuba Paris

I smell woods and grass through and trough. Reminds me of the outdoors. Not much longevity on my skin though. For the price, I'd give it a thumbs up.

Stetson by Stetson

I can't say if I like it or not - as it smells typically like the "attar" (concentrated perfume) that is available in India. Since it is commonplace, I don't feel very attracted to it.

Quorum by Antonio Puig

About ten hours later, I smelled something on my skin -- something that I was not familiar with. And then I realized that these were the base notes of Quorum. One of the very few perfumes that smells wonderful as time passes by. Just be very careful with the quantity - if you put on more, you will smell obnoxious. One or two sprays on the chest, and you are good to go. With my skin, not much sillage though.

A total five star!

Chaps (original) by Ralph Lauren

Love it, hate it, but you can't ignore it -- that's exactly what is Chaps. I personally find it very manly, and aggressive, unlike the goodie-goodie smelling perfumes which is the latest fad. Has a good longevity, and comes cheap -- for the cost, it is surely a great fragrance. Boy, and I love the bottle design! Surely a thumbs-up for this one.

05 September, 2008

Brut Musk by Fabergé

Nice and classy, very manly. The fragrance though does not stay on for long on me.

02 July, 2008