Reviews by Larwiz

Larwiz's avatar
    Larwiz

Azzaro Pour Homme Night Time by Azzaro

I'm still getting use to it, but I do like it. I'm a little confused as to the longevity of it, because I find that when I spray it on my fore hand before bed, it's there in the morning, clear as day, but when worn in the day, it doesn't seem very pronounced on my skin after a few hours. But it is a nice kinda cloudy, gray citrus. I like that! It isn't sparkling or bright. It has a bit of an edge to it, thanx to the bitter orange and the darker woods in it. I think I'll give this a lot of wears in the warmer months. Can't wait!

05 March, 2013

Cristobal pour Homme by Balenciaga

Smells like a refined Givenchy Pi. I like it a lot, and when my Pi is finished, I'll probably replace it with this.

09 June, 2010

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

So I guess I'm the only one that gets Cool Waters from this fragrance? To me, that's what this one aspires to be. But the light, less brazen, more refined version of it. I wouldn't spend money on either.

31st October, 2009

Burberry the Beat for Men by Burberry

This is now my third Burberry fragrance. I started with Brit, then to burberry for men, and now this. I love all three. This one is probably the least formal though, but perhaps the freshest. It does have some pepper to it, but only to nicely balance out the other notes. It's quite pleasant. To me it has a vanilla, warm orange, and pepper scent to it. It's very fresh...very nice. Kinda reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme 2. They're both warm yet spicey...

24 April, 2009

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

What I don't understand is why so many sales associates are so willing to recommend this when gucci pour homme 2 is in the midst. GPH 2 is amazing. This isn't. I don't get this, nor do I get GPH 1. Envy I get. If you want Gucci's finest offerings, go with GPH2 and Envy.

27 March, 2009

DKNY Men (New) by Donna Karan

Issey Miyake wannabe. That's all that came to mind when I smelled this one. Quite unoriginal.

26 March, 2009

Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

This one I don't get. It smells like spray starch to me. I really don't get it. Maybe I haven't given it enough time to dry down?

08 January, 2009

Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme

Someone mentioned that this fragrance does not move, and perhaps they're right. The top notes don't differ much from the middle and basenotes. This is true. My question is...how important is it for a fragrance to move? I mean...if it starts off nice, why should it have to morph into something else? This is like the exact opposite of colognes like Versace Dreamer that start off harsh but dry down beautifully. This fragrance is lovely from initial spray until the scent disappears altogether. No complaints from me. I love Hypnose. But perhaps the lack of movement is the reason it isn't more popular on here.

RSVP by Kenneth Cole

It's nice, but it smells just like Lacoste Pour Homme. Just like it. I was considering getting Lacoste PH, but I'm not sure I NEED it in my wardrobe. Highly tempted to add it though. RSVP is all over the bargain basement stores though, so I may jump on the RSVP instead though.

Pi by Givenchy

Absolutely beautiful! Too sweet? That's fine. I got a sweet tooth! This is just one of the nicest, sweetest, and warmest fragrance I've ever smelled. It smells edible, really. I smell Pi and I don't think of pie, but it definetely smells like some kind of pastry. Something baked. No doubt it's one of the best gourmands ever.