Reviews by Jon_Remy

L'Envol by Cartier

I sampled this at Nordstrom and was pleasantly surprised. I have been looking for a replacement for Patou Pour Homme, and it looks like I FOUND IT!!! This smells very similar to Patou Pour Homme. Is also smells very similar to Versace's The Dreamer. The bottle is beautiful also. This is definitely a formal fragrance, suitable for a black tie event or for a CEO/VP/EVP of a Fortune 500 company. I absolutely LOVE IT!!!
27th November, 2016

Eau des Merveilles by Hermès

Eau des Merveilles is SO UNIQUE!!! I seem to ALWAYS get compliments when I wear this! I do detect the orange, but not that sweet of an orange, more like clementine. I first purchased this in the summer and wore it to a 4th of July picnic, where it received many compliments. I will be wearing it this winter, which will most likely make a beautiful fragrance to wear during the holidays! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Eau des Merveilles by Hermes!!!

Casual Fine Fragrance by Paul Sebastian

Casual is one of the most pleasant and compliment-drawing fragrances I have ever worn. It is more than just and eau de toilette--it is a FINE PARFUM SPRAY, and the lasting power proves so and then some. It is so beautiful and has a strong note of beautiful hyacinth! To me, this is stronger than and eau de parfum, but more like a pure perfume. It lasts all day! If you want to be noticed and complimented, wear this. I can't praise it enough! It is beautiful! Smells very similar to Jessica McClintock, but this lasts longer and has the stronger hyacinth note. I absolutely LOVE IT!!! It also comes in a large 4 oz. bottle. I purchased 12 bottles just in case! It's too bad the men's version has been discontinued (which smelled identical to Chevignon's "Best of Chevignon").

The Fragrance From Bill Blass by Bill Blass

A beautiful soft floral that is perfect for springtime. An eau de parfum that smells like a walk through a flower garden. Not as herbal as the original, and without the cedar note of Anais Anais.

Viking by Royal Copenhagen

I LOVE VIKING!!! I'm glad I stocked up on it (15 bottles) when it was on sale at Perfumania. It is fresh and clean--and BEAUTIFUL! I love it so much, and it is LONG-LASTING! I was also lucky to find the accompanying Viking shower gel (of which I bought multiple)! I think it smells the most like Fred Hayman's Hollywood for Men. I purchased Viking on the same day I purchased Nino Cerruti's 1881, another winner! If you can find this still at an affordable price, snatch it up!

New West for Him by Aramis

Is it just me, or does this smell like Sud Est by Romeo Gigli? It is a very good scent and smells like it came right out of the late 1970s or mid 1980s. It is unique, as Sud Est is unique. I love it and glad it is still being made by Aramis in the U.K. (fragrances made in the U.K. seem to have a great lasting quality, e.g. Estee Super Cologne Spray [now made in USA, but U.K. version seemed to last longer]). New West is definitely a go-to fragrance if you want to be told you smell great!
24th October, 2016

Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart

I love Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart! It reminds me of shopping at a spice market! I smell oud and violet. It is similar to Jacques Bogart's One Man Show Gold Edition, but a little lighter on the violet note. I love it because it smells like nothing else out there (except One Man Show Gold Edition). I love wearing all Bogart fragrances in cooler weather. I do, however, enjoy wearing the original One Man Show and Witness during spring/summer. I think ALL Jacques Bogart fragrances are very well made and very long-lasting. I haven't purchased one yet where I don't get at least 8 hours', if not more, out of it. I do, as a matter of fact, get many compliments on Silver Scent Intense, and last year at a Halloween party when I wore One Man Show Gold Edition, the compliments wouldn't stop! It must've been the prominent violet and incense notes. Some people compared it to Paco Rabanne's One Million, but I think One Man Show Gold Edition's staying power is much better! I love them all!
11th July, 2016

Perry Ellis Red by Perry Ellis

This looks enticing. From the pyramid above, this sounds like it could smell similar to Habit Rouge by Guerlain. Has anyone tried it yet? I've kgot several "red" fragrances, but was looking for one that was a little more unique, say more so than Jacomo Rouge, Xeryus Rouge, Royal Rouge by Marina de Bourbon, etc.
05th June, 2016

Patou pour Homme (original) by Jean Patou

After Patou pour Homme was discontinued, I had to find a replacement. After months of searching, I found one that matched PPH nearly identically. What was that fragrance you ask? It was.......THE DREAMER by Versace!!! It is an absolutely wonderful replacement for Patou pour Homme, which I loved dearly and which I was sad to see be discontinued. THE DREAMER, to me anyway, smells almost identical to PPH. I am VERY happy I found a worthy replacement. Now, let's hope that Versace doesn't discontinue THE DREAMER!!!
03rd November, 2015

Paloma Picasso / Mon Parfum by Paloma Picasso

OMG, this has GOT to be in my Top 10 of all women's fragrances! I wear it mostly in the colder winter months when it can really radiate with your body heat. This bottle sits alongside YSATIS by Yves Saint Laurent, another fragrance I reserve for winter because of its warm ambery tone. It used to sit alongside my Fendi EDP, until I used that up and Fendi decided to make the STUPID move of discontinuing their classic namesake fragrance. Balenciaga also did that with their namesake men's EDT (Balenciaga), which was a classic in my opinion. I just don't understand how companies can discontinue their namesake original fragrances. I was disappointed when Gucci discontinued Gucci Pour Homme (with the Italian ribbon design). NONE of their subsequent fragrances even came close to their namesake fragrances. When will the madness end? Leave well enough alone. Nonetheless, I hope Paloma Picasso is never discontinued because it is one of the last of the "classic" fragrances still available. A+!!!

Norell by Norell

What can I say? This is just one of the classic fragrances from the 1960's. This bottle sits alongside Bandit by Robert Piguet. I love them both and wear them interchangeably. If you want to smell like an elegant and affluent film star, wear NORELL! It is absolutely beautiful and timeless! A+!!!

One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart

What a WONDERFUL and DIFFERENT fragrance. It wears like an eau de parfum because it lasts and lasts. Wore this to a Halloween block party in downtown Dallas, Texas, and I tell you, the compliments didn't stop coming! What is that SUPERB and EXQUISITE fragrance they asked. The violet notes go very well with Halloween. I've heard this one described as smelling identical to One Million by Paco Rabanne. I paid $16 for Jacques Bogart's One Man Show Gold Edition. The One Million by Paco Rabanne was selling for $70. Actually, the OMSGE lasts LONGER than One Million, and I love the more prominent violet note in OMSGE. If you want compliments and want to be noticed, wear this wonderful scent. I like wearing it especially in the winter months. You won't be disappointed and for the price of one bottle of One Million by Paco Rabanne, you can buy five bottles of One Man Show Gold Edition! This versatile fragrance can be worn for formal occasions, or casually as your everyday fragrance. For the price, you definitely can afford to wear it every day and smell GREAT every day! A+!!! I LOVE this stuff!

Seringa by Floris

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL fragrance for springtime. I still love Paris by YSL for spring, but Floris is equally suitable for that wonderful time of year. I love the delicate scent of the Seringa blossoms, but although the fragrance is delicate with a slight hint lychee, it is strong enough to last all day. I constantly receive comments and compliments whenever I wear this. It is VERY original, smells like no other fragrance out there, and is definitely one of my floral favorites! A+!

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

Kouros is SO original and it lasts so much longer than the newer fragrances. I also love Kouros Cologne Sport, which, to me, smells like Essenza by Zegna. It is a lovely and masculine fragrance and reminds me of when I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico (where there was a large Kouros billboard right next to the mall)! A+! Kouros and Kouros Cologne Sport will both be in the Top 10 fragrances of all time! I enjoy wearing this especially in the colder months of winter. It's a warm and comforting fragrance.

Polo Supreme Oud by Ralph Lauren

I like it. I also used to like Gucci I before it was discontinued. If you like Supreme Oud, you will also like Agarwood by Kanon or Norwegian Wood by Kanon. They are all woody and delightful. I love wood!
07th August, 2015

Jacomo de Jacomo Deep Blue by Jacomo

I love each and every fragrance by Jacomo. Deep Blue is a very nice fragrance with woodsy undertones. It's not as aquatic as the bottle looks (which I love, by the way, with the flip-top spring-loaded cap). It is quite unique and is perfect for any season. I especially like the staying power--I still can smell this beautiful fragrance on my skin at the end of the day. Worth every penny as it is long-lasting. The combination of all the notes mentioned above is magic and makes for one unique fragrance unlike any other. Love it!!!
28th March, 2015

Insensé by Givenchy

If this is still in production, I'd like to know where to purchase it. I haven't been able to find this ANYWHERE. I absolutely LOVE Insense (the original and not the Ultramarine version). If anyone knows where to purchase this, please let me know WHERE. Thanks!

I love the herbal quality about this fragrance. It is very long-lasting and is perfect for winter OR summer. I was also saddened to find out that Metropolis by Estee Lauder (same bottle as Estee for Men, but in a green bottle) was discontinued!

Are you sure this was released in 1993? I remember purchasing it at a Dillards in 1987.
28th May, 2014 (last edited: 08th September, 2016)

Ysatis by Givenchy

Probably the BEST women's fragrance EVER created, with Poison by Christian Dior coming in a close 2nd place! Oh, I also LOVE Lacoste Pour Femme (similar to Bulgari Blv, but lasts MUCH longer).
28th May, 2014

Café Men by Cofinluxe

What an excellent alternative to Xeryus by Givenchy!

Actually, Homme de Cafe by Cofinluxe was a blind buy for me. After trying it, I found that it was very similar, if not identical, to Xeryus by Givenchy. It also had all the staying power of Xeryus, and then some. I looked at the ingredients on the box, of which there were only 2, and they were: SD Alcohol 39 C, fragrance. The reference number is: 12101. It says it is made by Parfums Cafe-Paris. I am unsure if this is the same company as Cofinluxe. Anyway, I am very pleased with my purchase and have bought 4 more 3.4 oz. bottles to keep me stocked up. I will wear Homme de Cafe ($11 per bottle) when I'm not wearing Xeryus ($78 per bottle), which I save for formal occasions (although no one really would know which is which; you would think Homme de Cafe was Xeryus rebottled!). Anyway, I give it 5 stars for being an EXCELLENT knock-off of XERYUS!

Pros: Long-lasting, no water in ingredients, very similar to Xeryus
Cons: None whatsoever."

11th September, 2013

Baldessarini Concentrée by Baldessarini

Well, what can I say? My original Baldessarini Eau de Cologne (not the Concentree) had a really distinct quality about it, and I could really pick out the patchouli not. This was manufactured by P&G Prestige Beaute (Made in UK). The bottle says Baldessarini with Hugo Boss underneath. Now, I find, after purchasing the Baldessarini Eau de Cologne Concentree thinking it would be a stronger version of the original, I am a little disappointed. Maybe my nose isn't as good as it used to be, but I hardly detect the strong patchouli note that I did with the plain EdC. You would think that the EdC Concentree would be stronger and longer lasting. I don't think that is the case. Upon further inspection, the bottle this time says Baldessarini with Baldessarini underneath (not Hugo Boss anymore). I looked at the bottom of the bottle and it now says Maurer & Wirtz Prestige, Made in Germany. I realize that P&G Prestige Beaute was bought by Maurer & Wirtz Prestige, but did they change the formulation along the way? Did they get cheap and use less essential oil? I purchased several bottles and was on the verge of returning them all, but decided to keep them in the hopes they would "mature" and get stronger with age. I guess I'll have to become accustomed to the new, less-patchouli version and will use it casually instead of formally as I had intended. Whatever you do, test this fragrance first before you re-purchase it to see if you notice any significant difference from the original. I wish I had. If I had known this, I would've bought Declaration by Cartier instead. It's sad the strong and prominent patchouli note has been weakened in the so-called "Concentree" version.
07th April, 2013 (last edited: 11th April, 2013)

Baldessarini by Baldessarini

I absolutely LOVE Baldessarini! I remember smelling it the next day on my shirt in the laundry and thinking, WOW, this really IS a good fragrance! Although many here state it has a strong tobacco note, I would agree; however, I think per Hugo Boss' description, it is actually the single-note living patchouli flower that is predominant. I find this fragrance to be well suited for formal occasions, or a scent to wear when traveling. It is very cosmopolitan in nature, and smells so much more refined and classic than many fragrances out there today. The EdC has good lasting power, but I prefer the EdC Concentree. I like fragrances that stay with you, and ones that you can depend on. So many these days last for about 10 minutes and then are gone. I give Baldessarini a big Thumbs Up because it is so unique and classy.
07th April, 2013

Fendi by Fendi

So sad to hear this was discontinued! I HATE Fendi for doing that. So, I've had to improvise. You may or may not agree, but perhaps the following concoction might get a similar result to Fendi: Try mixing Prescriptives Aromatics Elixir with The Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose and see how that works. I haven't done it yet, but those are the notes I smell in Fendi for women. I do really smell the red rose from TPW's Tea Rose and the incense and leather from Prescriptives Aromatics Elixir. I sure wish Fendi would relaunch this exquisite fragrance and never discontinue it again. It tells me that Fendi does not appreciate their older customers and is now only catering to the young. Talk about age discrimination!
22nd December, 2011

Marc Jacobs Autumn Splash Ivy by Marc Jacobs

Absolutely pathetic! I smell no ivy whatsoever and the staying power is lousy. This is not an eau de toilette, but more like an eau de eau (water without scent). Very light, non-descript boring scent. Bought "Cucumber," which was much better, but smelled nothing like cucumbers (which is good), but instead like fresh-mown grass. I bought that one. It reminds me of Bath and Body Works' "Rainkissed Leaves," which is absolutely wonderfully green and herbal!
28th August, 2010

Alain Delon / AD by Alain Delon

Wonderful! It reminds me of Paco Rabanne for Men. I bought five bottles a couple of years ago and I am glad I did since it's now discontinued. A wonderful fragrance in a solid big square bottle! Long-lasting, too!
07th April, 2010

Pino Silvestre by Silvestre

Does anyone remember Halston 101. Well, this is a wonderful replacement for that exquisite legend. I think it smells almost exactly like Halston 101. Absolutely love it!
17th February, 2010

Pierre Cardin pour Homme by Pierre Cardin

This is definitely NOT the same Pierre Cardin as the one distributed by Tsumura, Intl., before it ws distributed by Aladdin Fragrances of Deer Park, NY. I can tell the formula has been changed because I compared the two. The Tsumura distributed PC is deeper, richer and has longer staying power. The "cheaper" Aladdin Fragrances version is weak, watery, and has practically no staying power at all. What is going on at Aladdin? Why are they skimping on the original essential oil content in PC? Very sad indeed how these companies seem to "pull the wool" over their customers' eyes and sell them watered-down fragrances. Very pitiful in my opinion...
16th January, 2010

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur by Pierre Cardin

The PC which was distributed by Tsumua, Intl. is a lot stronger, richer in the PC scent, and lasts a way lot longer. On the other hand, the newer PC distributed by Aladdin Fragrances of Deer Park, NY, seems to be weak, watered down, and has no staying power at all. Yes, it smells like the original PC, but a very watered down version. Apparently this newer company seems to be skimping on the essential oils which the original had, as it does not last a near as long as the original. How sad it is when companies start "pulling the wool" over their customers' eyes by watering down their fragrances. I can definitely tell this is what is going on with many companies trying to cut corners--one example is Chanel, whose Antaeus seems a bit more watered down nowadays as compared to days of yore. How sad, and how despicable if it is, in fact, true.
16th January, 2010

Jovan Musk for Women by Jovan

What the HECK is going on with all these Jovan fragrances that have been discontinued?!?! I've never seen a company create and destroy so many different and fabulous fragrances! They seem to keep only the mediocre fragrances and instead discontinue all the original and exquisite signature fragrances such as Andron, Gambler, SportScent, Monsieur Jovan, Ginseng (in black bottle), etc. ALL of these were true signature fragrances. Now, all they're left with are generic musks and florals. Whatever happened to the creativity and daring of Jovan/Quintessence?! It seems they would like to play it safe and appeal to everyone instead of having a nice variety of fragrances from which we can pick and choose. In my opinion Jovan=Generic, old Jovan=Creative/Individuality. In this instance, old wins over new. Just like the original Clairol Herbal "Essence" shampoo (the BEST) was replaced by Clairol Herbal "Essences" shampoos (all of which, in my opinion, are NOT HERBAL AT ALL, but more sickeningly sweet florals). I avoid companies like these who can't seem to satisfy their long-term customers who use their products religiously, only to be disappointed when they decided to discontinue items that people have used for years. Anyway, my "favorite" current Jovan product is the White Musk for Men, which, I suppose, will be discontinued very shortly if they follow the same course as in the past. What a world!
16th November, 2009

Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

Smell of lilac? Similar to Lilac Vegetal by Pinaud? I love it! Grey Flannel is a classic that should be in every man's wardrobe!
23rd April, 2009

Zizanie by Fragonard

Very nice, similar to Chaps or the original Royal Copenhagen. Did Frank Sinatra really wear this? I heard he wore Bois du Portugal by Creed. Personally, out of all the Creed fragrances, I really like Vintage Tabarome and Green Valley. I REALLY love Erolfa!
13th March, 2009