Reviews by Έπίκουρος

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

It smells like old lady purse, I agree with most of the negative reviews, a wrong blind buy, the best are the head notes but after that i smell only make-up and lipstick. And the "homme"attribute is totally wrong, Dior homme is feminine and an ordinary feminine scent.

28 November, 2008

Jean Marie Farina by Roger & Gallet

Not exclusive, not original, not sexy but it smells good , fresh, classic but not cheap( like dishwasching lemon) so, after leather incense tobacco oriental stuff, spraying JMF it's like opening the windows in a springtime morning. I spray it heavely on fabric so it lasts a little longer, and then I reapply ! , it'sa price to pay to enjoy it. You are sure it will be never discontinued , so no vintage rare speculation. While we regret the loss of Caesar or Alexander per-fumes we can play as Napoleon wearing the same scent ! (i'm not sure if it was FARINA GEGENUBER or JEAN MARIE FARINA) .

28 November, 2008

Chanel Pour Monsieur by Chanel

There must be something wrong with my bottle because after a pleasant citrus opening PM literally disappear, even with ten sprays on my wrist and only one spray of blenheim bouquet on the other wrist (to be sure my nose is working properly) , i can't smell anything where PM is supposed to be, maybe new reformulations have spoilt such a classic scent !! So don't buy it blind like me but try before. I followed Luca Turin book but I have been disappointed buy his choices so many times that this is the last time.

01st November, 2008

Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

I love citrus and fig scents so I keep smelling this stuff until it fades away, shortlived but great and uplifting for me, like all cologne smells great and fresh for a few time and reapply is the way to go. I love most of the blu mediterraneo line, except the almond one, they are sunny and natural no chemical or artificial to my nose , they reminds me of holydays in southern italy country.

31st October, 2008

Chêne by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

One of the best non lutesque scent, a really pleasure to smell until you became intoxicated with oak. I like to sniff it on my forearm than to wear, it's somethig like a frenzy that you can't stop, Am I a Chene addict? The good thing is the exceptional longevity next to the skin, similar to knize ten, black aoud or ambre sultan on my skin. A really niche masterpiece.

28 October, 2008 (Last Edited: 28 November, 2008)

Kölnisch Wasser by Farina Gegenüber

this is the reference for old style cologne,pre chemical era, pre designer, pre niche, I wash my hands and my face with it, it's a refreshing bath and smells very good ,even if for half an hour. After that you can apply a real scent, i bought 8 bottles for 2 euros each before a marketing genius rises the price to 150 euros boasting famous customers like Napoleon or Luis XIV. After all how many citrus last longer ? REAPPLY is the way to go.

28 October, 2008

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

One of the best among the last designer scents, sweet and warm, no sharp notes and a wonderful square bottle, a long lasting five stars fragrance of smocky incense, wood and spice, linear with not much developing but always beautiful and long lasting on y skin.

27 October, 2008

Eau de Campagne by Sisley

This is a 5 stars fragrance, if you like green you must try EdC, your nose will be full of fresh grass juice and tomato leaves, a refreshing scent from a company with a philosophical view: "fragrantia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem". EdC is already 38 years old and it's here to stay, a classic unisex .

08 October, 2008

Mitsouko by Guerlain

I blindly bought a bottle of edt , but i really don't like it, i tried several times without success, it smells chemical and artificial, maybe my nose is not good for aldehydes, the bottle is full i'll try again.

13 September, 2008

Irisia by Creed

This is an absolute beginner review !!
    Very strong at the beginning then becames more pleasant. The drydown is what I like most, dusty and dry. Better on my wife than on me. A *** stars for me.

13 September, 2008