Reviews by Ericks

Ericks's avatar
    Ericks
    Switzerland Switzerland

La Nuit de L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

I'm a fan of YSL's L'Homme so it was obvious that I'd gave this one a try. At first I didn't like it. The opening note resembles L'Homme but it's even more spicy. Soon it becomes rather strong on the vanilla. My girlfriend adores it so what the heck, I bought the 60 ml bottle. It's great in the evening or on cool/cold days. It certainly lasts longer than L'Homme but still not more than about 4 hours (unless you spray lavishly but which makes it too sweet). It's OK but L'Homme is still my favorite.

18 April, 2009

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Well, how can I best describe this fragrance. Ok, bear with me, by a bag of navel oranges, making sure there are some over ripe ones included. Now peel all the oranges without worrying too much about the peel oil spraying on you (that's actually essential). Once done, don't wash your hands (or face, depending how close you peeled them). Let dry e voila, Terre d'Hermes. This will save you $50 and doesn't come with the additional desinfectant scent of the original.

30th October, 2008

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I gave it a try because the amount of reviews (both negative and positive) got me curious. I must say, it's not for the faint of heart. After spraying just a little on the wrist I became aware of a rather chemical smell. This thing is strong. After a while the scent reminded me of my grandfather who used to use Old Spice. Yeah, that's what it smells like. Only unbearably stronger. It stays on very long. Just that spray stayed the whole day and it was not easy to wash it off. Not for me.

08 September, 2008

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

It's a great smell. Different from anything I smelled so far. It's kind of sweet in a refreshing way. I use it when going to the office though I think it suits best in the evening. It doesn't hold long though. After a few hours you can hardly notice it. That's why I first apply a good layer of body lotion on my neck and arm pits, rub it in and then spray L'Homme on it. By this it holds significantly longer.

31st August, 2008