Reviews by tuittumurmeli

No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

I received a bottle as a gift from my SO last autumn. I had, actually, wished for the original No. 19. Alas, I soon learned to love the new edition. Its tone is so caressing, soft and sensual, yet its also very restrained and elegant. Whereas the original No. 19 is to me a fresh, brisk green one and a great perfume by itself, compared to Poudré the original conveys the image of Honoria from the Jeeves and Wooster series: it feels sharp, perky and girl scout like. I do not have anyone casted for Poudré, but although I can find the original's elementary notes from it, Poudré has them veiled behind a chiffon layer of poudery iris. I found myself pairing the Poudré with cashmere knits on icy cold winterdays. Both felt equally soft and tender.
19th July, 2012

Knize Ten by Knize

Sean Connery fixes a Land Rover leaking fuel on some bogland quite close to the sea.

Knize Ten is definitely not suitable for youngsters. It might not be suitable for the majority of (matured) men either, but on the right person this fragrance: WHOA!! Supersexy
07th February, 2010

Lady Knize by Knize

I agree with nase that it is very ladylike! I gave my SO to try it without telling him what it was and he described a well-kempt woman, who hasn't a single hair out of place - perhaps someone like Carolina Herrera is or was. It does have those vintage-like charasteristics other older perfumes have, but its not as overwhelming as many of them. Together we agreed that although Lady Knize is definitely not really something for girls or young women of the 2000s, it is not for grannies either (although I wouldn't want to insinuate Mrs. Herrera was a "granny".. We thought the age bracket would be somewhere between 25-40 years). Its ok for a grown-up, self-assured yet a very feminine lady, who doesn't want to attract too much attention.

/ I must add that this perfume is readily available through some internet retailers. Thus I do believe it is still in production, although the directory above states otherwise. 07/2012
09th October, 2009 (last edited: 22nd July, 2012)