Reviews by greengrl

greengrl's avatar
    greengrl
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

Glow after Dark by J.Lo by Jennifer Lopez

Since I love Glow, I was very excited to try this fragrance. Once I tried it I could see how some people compared it to the scent of suntan lotion, it is very sweet and fruity/floral. It smelled more like a fruity cocktail to me and maybe because of this I think its name suits it well, although it wouldn't be inappropriate to wear during the day. I don't smell any similarities between this and Glow.

Chantilly by Dana

I was excited to try this after I read the reviews and am sad to say that I wasn't thrilled with it. It had a soft, soapy, powdery smell. This would make a great introduction to oriental fragrances for someone who favors florals.

Émeraude by Coty

This was on my test list after so many people spoke highly of it. I picked it up on my next visit to the drug store and couldn't wait to try it. Unfortunately I hated the way it smelled on me and washed it off after 30 minutes. It smelled very similar to the original V05 hairdressing. I decided to give it another try just recently and came to the same conclusion. I will give others the benefit of the doubt and assume that what I picked up was a re-formulated version and that the original smells much better.

Bijan Wicked for Women by Bijan

I bought this perfume without sampling. It reminded me of Charlie White. It starts off a bit sharp with a bit of a metal smell and dries down to a soapy smell. Good for a summer's day. I personally prefer Bijan Woman over this one.

14 August, 2008

Bijan by Bijan

I bought this on a whim. I was expecting to not like this perfume but was surprised at the scent that I got. It was a soft, almost soapy smell. It dries down to a nice subtle scent. Not something that I would consider remarkable but a fragrance good for everyday use.

14 August, 2008

Pure Lightness by Adidas

A nice floral, refreshing scent. I wore this one day and received a few compliments and inquiries on it. Perfect for a summer's day. The only downfall is that it does not last very long. I am on the mission to find the best drugstore fragrance and this one is definitely in my top ten.

Skin Musk / Bonne Bell Skin Musk by Prince Matchabelli

Very suprised that they would have a musk scent targeted at teens. This seemed a bit too grown up for someone in high school. It has a bit of a mild, subdued aroma. I tied the perfume oil and not the body spray and got some great longevity. I don't like to try body sprays because the metal canister distorts the scents. It definitely does not compare to Jovan Musk, but still a very nice and simply fragrance.

Charlie White by Revlon

A nice floral scent. I actually prefer this over the original Charlie. Just as with the original Charlie, a little goes a long way with Charlie White.

Charlie / Charlie Blue by Revlon

I was not a fan of this fragrance. It was a little over-powering with a bit of a chemical/metal smell. I have smelled this on so many women without knowing they were wearing this scent. It is definitely a scent that is still popular with a lot of women. Please do everyone else a favor and do not over do it if you choose to wear this scent.

Jovan Musk by Jovan

I absolutely love this scent. I am usually not a fan of musk scents but this is a simple, clean fragrance with a beautiful dry down. It almost has a soapy aroma to it but in a nice refreshing way. This is a wonderful fragrance for a warm summer day because it is not a sharp, over-powering scent.

Vanilla Fields by Coty

Not as sugary sweet as most vanilla scents. For someone who doesn't like sweet fragrances I suprisingly enjoyed this one. There is a subtle sweetness that lingers on your skin when applied. The perfect fragrance for a nice spring day.

Ex'cla.ma'tion by Coty

I am very surprised that I liked this scent. I remeber my sister buying this years ago and me not being a fan of it. Curiousity struck me and I picked up a bottle recently and fell in love with it. It was not at all like I remembered. My friend on the other hand couldn"t stand it, she prefered Charlie instead (yuck!) I was suprised to see that vanilla was not listed as a note. The notes as listed by Coty are :
    Top note: bergamot, sage and neroli
    Middle note: amazon lily, orange flower and jasmine
    base note: sandalwood, musk amber and vetiver palchoul

Ici by Coty

This is way too sweet for my liking. It's like 7 sugars in your coffee when you usually take 2 equals. I gave it a neutral because I did have one girl compliment me on it. If you are a fan of sweet perfumes this is for you but as someone who prefers fresh scents this was just too much. It did have some longevity to it.

09 August, 2008

Marc Jacobs Autumn Splash Amber by Marc Jacobs

This is one of my favorites. I always get compliments on this whenever I wear it. It definitely has a sensual feel to it. The perfect pefume for a night out. I love that it comes in such a large bottle especially since I can't find it anywhere now.

Marc Jacobs Autumn Splash Violet by Marc Jacobs

This is one of my favorite scents from Marc Jacobs. I wear this almost everyday and always get compliments on it. It strikes me more as a spring fragrance rather than autumn because it is light enough for me to wear on warm days. It is a light and airy scent that is sure to please the nose.

Envy Me 2 by Gucci

I love this scent. It is one that I could wear day or night. I've been wearing this for a couple of years and have not grown tired of it. I seem to always come back to this after experimenting with new scents.

New Musk for Women by Prince Matchabelli

I personally am not a fan of this one. I can't quite put my finger on it but this smells almost identical to a designer fragrance. I might be confusing it with another one but my guess is Vera Wang. I have definitely smelled this on others and they seem to love it. I prefer something with a fresh scent so clearly this is not for me.

Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger

This is a VERY strong fragrance. It is actually a nice scent as long as you don't go overboard with it. My favorite Tommy scent for ladies is Dreaming, his newest perfume.

Love's Baby Soft by Love's

I love this fragrance! It is light & airy which is perfect for warm weather. I never wore it as a young girl but after hearing so much hype about it from so many I people decided to go out and buy a bottle. I chose the body mist instead of the body spray and fell in love with Love.