Reviews by dacerace

dacerace's avatar
    dacerace

Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier

Abit disappointed,I have just got this today...and it definately wasnt what I was expecting...I do not really get any cocoa smell...in fact it smells more of a minty smell...and I would go as far as to say that I have smelt it before....yes...I have ...Cartier Roadster...or a Nicole Farhi ....doesnt smell bad...but if you are looking for a candy or chocholate smell...I dont get it!

17 January, 2012

212 Men Splash 2008 by Carolina Herrera

If you like 212 Men...and like me you see this at a bargain knockdown price....you would be certainly tempted to buy it...but it is certainly different.The initial spray will smell like 212 for a matter of seconds....but turns quickly to a fruity..then almost salty smell...I think this is classed as an Aqua scent...and thats where I get the problem...I don't know if it's skin chemistry...but I have tried similar scents...and for some reason...there is a damp/stale smell close to the skin...from a distance smells ok...if not quite sharp on the nose.I am not keen...but I imagine some people would like it...gonna be a neutral...because I have had alot worse.

David Beckham Instinct Intense by Beckham

It smells alot more quality than the price suggests...a light spray all over leaves a nice smell that actually smells better than others I have tried that may cost 3 times more....not light...a good stayer...It smells similar to 212 sexy men...and 1 million...I would rather buy this.Understated like all the Instinct variants

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

I just cannot get away with this at all...I get a Gucci scent...and expect more.It smells like a museum I went to,with a victorian Chemists/Pharmacy ...They had obviously tried to recreate the smell for atmosphere....and this smells the same,but stronger...It is heavy...cloying...and quite sickly.I don't know what they are trying to do with this...smells similar to a diesel scent in the red bottle...but probably longer lasting...unfortunately!!

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Well...I cannot say I am totally disappointed as some....as I got mine at reasonable price in a sale...otherwise it might have been different.It smells nice,and so it should at it's average retail price...but I think thats the problem....for the price you expect more....and to be honest it smells like a slightly vamped Tabac original...(thats what I thought of first whiff...the 1980's...and my first favourite)...I am tempted to buy some Tabac to get if I am right.....but I have a good memory.....If I wanted Tabac ...it costs less...anyone else think the same?Feel ripped off somehow.

1881 Amber by Cerruti

Well,being a fan of 1881,I wanted to try this....and it is different altogether from the original.It's nice,fresh smelling,fruity/cough candy....and fairly unique...not as long lasting as the original...but nice,the dry down smelling sweet...almost issey miyake like.If you are after a cheap frag...that smells more expensive...have a punt.Just a bit of a shame on longetivity.Good value.

1881 by Cerruti

I think you either love this or hate this almost feminine when first applied...which can put alot of blokes off...(but that soon goes)...but I love it....very unique,long lasting,good value,compliment getting fragrance.not too much applied can be really deadly on a night out!! Good stuff

Dunhill by Dunhill

And I thought Dolce and Gabbana was unique...until this moment....so similar...and I like D&G....so considering I picked this up for a mere £5 I am happy!

30th July, 2009

1 Million by Paco Rabanne

Well to me it smells like Joop Go! Summer or slightly like Joop About Adam.....which is a disappointment because although I like Joop Go Summer/about Adam,I obviously don't want a similar scent that costs quite a bit more.In fact the Joop smells stronger...and slightly nicer.It is not a bad scent...but unless its in a sale,get the Joop.It has to be neutral because it isn't bad.

18 June, 2009

Paul Smith London for Men by Paul Smith

I first smelt a friend wearing this...and I had to ask what he was wearing.I can see comparisons to Obsession night...but London has more depth.This is definitely one you shouldn't over spray...used correctly,you can smell a lovely coconutty smell all night...and lots of people compliment it.I can still get the odd whiff on me after nearly 24 hours of first applying....and yes I do wash!...What a fantastic stayer.

05 April, 2009

DKNY Be Delicious Men by Donna Karan

I have noticed the comments of rotting apples by a few people on here,and I can see where they are coming from.I got this because I liked the idea of a fresh smelling fruity scent...and doesn't the bottle catch your eye?...What I got was a very big disappointment.Watery,but initially pleasent,but after about 5 minutes..a bit like damp cloth smell...with a stale cider...yes...it really does smell stale.Yuck!

13 February, 2009

Diesel Zero Plus by Diesel

Is this being discontinued in the UK?...This is always available cheap...but manages to not smell cheap.I did intially rave about this scent...but I must admit that after a while it gets tiresome.It is not bad...but nothing special.It would wear quite nice on the right occasion...but not one you would want to wear regularly.

03 February, 2009 (Last Edited: 21st June, 2009)

Wings for Men by Wings

I got a bottle of this from a sale...and I am disappointed in wasting my money on it.If you want to go for cheaper fragrances,try ANYTHING BUT THIS!!! it is the most disgusting smell ever...I have heard it's popular...I don't think I have noticed anyone wearing it...except maybe the lads emptying the bins...(garbage disposal)....YUCK!!

27 January, 2009

Ultraviolet Man by Paco Rabanne

I cannot believe any negatives on this one.Up until 8 years ago,the most I splashed out...(forgive the pun!)..was on a bottle of Tabac Original..(theres nothing wrong with it though!!)...and then I got a bottle of Ultraviolet for sale cheap ,and I realised why people paid more for the likes of this,and have never looked back....so started my love of fragrances!(26 assorted bottles in my collection at present).Ultraviolet seems to sell well...but I never notice anyone wearing it,and when I wear it,I get lots of compliments...and most importantly I like it too!!..Don't over spray this one,it is strong...,and long lasting...it will last all day...and night.Don't read too much into the negatives...try a tester,or see if you can get a bargain buy if you are not sure...give it a go!!...,especially you single lads,the lasses will love you!

22 January, 2009

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

There is lots of comments along the lines of it being feminine...I have to disagree...if a lass was wearing this..I wouldn't be impressed at all.But on a lad..well...me...it smells almost like cinder toffee,but not over sweet,that would make it a perfume.It is quite unusual,and distinctive,which I like.If you wear this you are wearing a scent that can be recognised,rather like the Joop's and Issy Miyakes of this world.It's quite strong...so don't over do it,and it lasts a long time.It's not my favourite smelly,but I'll wear this to stand out.I haven't had much in the way of compliments wearing this...but no negatives either...borrow a friends,or get a sample spray...and make up your own minds...but I will get another bottle.

Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

Nice...when I smell this I think it smells brilliant,but I never get any other feedback when I wear this,as opposed to other scents I have worn...so it is a bit of a let down in that respect.It is fresh,clean,and very long lasting,and quite distinctive,and I like it...so....thumbs up.

18 January, 2009 (Last Edited: 21st June, 2009)

Paul Smith Extreme Men by Paul Smith

A nice smelling fragrance,with a major flaw in longetivity...It is really nice to smell...but I want to smell it longer.

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

This is not bad bad scent,it is pleasent,with a nice clean just out of the bath smell.But it just doesn't impress me a great deal..I like the vanilla...and flowery notes,but it just doesn't make me want to buy another bottle,quite simply,I like stronger scents...maybe like Cerruti Si.I'll give this a neutral...because it isn't horrible....just a bit plain.

Story by Paul Smith

Got this for christmas off my wife...I hinted on that I wanted Paul Smith London,but ended up with Story...What a great smell....starts as a grapefruity smell to me...then as it dries down,turns into some sort of flowery garden smell...without being feminine.I loved the smell .The only slight negative is that it is not easy to pick out once it dries down,it requires closer contact..so maybe not one to turn heads.It does last longer on clothes..(shirt in my case),so a light spray combats any longetivity issues,and makes the smell keep the grapefruity beginning longer...which draws the compliments of smelling nice.So,hats off to my wife...she has come up trumps with this.

B*Men by Thierry Mugler

I have read the positives and negatives about this fragrance,and with lot's of discounts available on the scent here in the UK..I thought that I would give it a go.Quite simply...it is sweet,almost like toffee/caramel....it is strong,not one to be over sprayed,so I used it with caution...and I never got ONE positive comment at all....it was long lasting...but the smell started to get on my nerves a bit,and people around me (who know I like trying out 'smellies') said it was the worst thing I had ever worn...and I have worn some pretty horrid fragrances.I gave it away to one of my mates...he didn't thank me either...he passed it on...and who he passed it on to thought it was horrid.Sickly,cloying,and now I know why it is getting cheaper....they are trying to get rid of it!

212 Men by Carolina Herrera

I really cannot work this out...how I fell for this...It has grown on me.I got a bottle a few years ago...and thought it smelt a bit like damp...cut grass...and vowed to never get it again.I got another bottle somehow...and so it became my favourite smell.If you get over the initial spray...it starts to grow on you,and if you are looking to draw in female attention...I have NEVER known another fragrance to have this effect on females....EVERYTIME I wear it.I have tried lots of different fragrances...and still have a few to try,but no others have come close in pulling in compliments.I have told a couple of people...including a mate who was trying to get a girls attention where he worked....and the first words she said to him ever was..."Oh,you smell nice..."...If I was not married...I would be trying to reap the rewards...I just settle for the nice compliments I get wearing this.Can you give more than one thumbs up?????

CerrutiSí by Cerruti

A few people have said that it doesn't last...I'm on to my third bottle,as I can still smell this after a night out.It is cheap compared to alot of other fragrances out there,but in no way smells cheap.This fragrance is VERY understated.Everytime I wear this I get compliments...and why?...because it does smell gorgeous!! Grab yourself a bargain fragrance...give it a chance on a night out maybe,and you will fall for this one.

23 November, 2008 (Last Edited: 18 January, 2009)

Monsieur Balmain (new) by Pierre Balmain

well,after reviews on here,and wanting to try a citrus fragrance,I gave this a shot....people mentioned lemon...and yes theres lemon...but not a real lemon...almost like sweets(candy)...thats labeled citron/citrone..artificial,and it does come through.When I first sprayed it...I was shocked...and almost repulsed.My wife and son summed it up with their reaction...which was not positive.I must admit that that after a while on your skin...it starts to smell ok...but I will only use it as a body spray/deodrant type if I am going to work. ..If you are looking to impress anyone...you will fail with this.I cannot understand the positive reviews.It was cheaper than what I usually go for...and I guess I was expecting too much.You all know the difference between a more expensive scent,than a cheap one...don't you?

23 November, 2008

Ted Baker Skinwear by Ted Baker

I love this fragrance...so distinctive...and lots of compliments...only flaw is longetivity...which is not great on your skin,so maybe a bit on your shirt...You will get lots of questions about this when you wear it,along the lines of " Ohhh,you smell nice...what you got on?"

11th November, 2008 (Last Edited: 18 January, 2009)

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Well...I was disappointed with the smell...,after starting out with a promising smell soon after applying and just didn't smell of anything special.It quickly dried down to a powdery,soapy smell,although not unpleasent,It just made you smell clean, I suppose,like you had been in the bath and talced yourself down..So I judge with marks out of ten for liking the smell myself, 3/10,how long the smell lasts,3/10,and compiments of others...0/10...It's not awful,it just fails in being anything special...the bottle looks the part...but.It might be ok if you just want that light unnoticeable scent to wear around the office.I will give it a generous neutral for the fact it doesn't smell horrible.

11th November, 2008

212 Sexy Man by Carolina Herrera

I originally put ths review as I was reviewing 212 Men..(silver bottle) for some reason.This is not as good as 212,it's ok...but disappointing...as with the 212 Men...you expect something.This fails to deliver anything original for me...smells a bit like Joop Go Summer,and 1 Million by Paco Rabbane...The Joop Go summer is the best one...and the cheapest.Not bad...just disappointed

05 October, 2008 (Last Edited: 21st June, 2009)

Intimately Beckham Men by Beckham

After being surprised by Instinct...I was quite interested in trying Intimately...and I have to say I am slightly disappointed.It smells nice,but it really does just fade very ,very quickly...that is a major flaw.I did take testers filled with me out one night to see how it faired if people could smell it..(after a top up)...and recieved alot of compliments,but....what can I say...If only it was stronger..It lasts well under an hour.

23 September, 2008

David Beckham Instinct by Beckham

I cannot believe the negatives from this.It does not smell unpleasent.I had my doubts when my wife turned up with a bottle..."Well you like David Beckham ...don't you?"...was off putting enough,even for a Manchester United fan.I judge a bottle of EDT buy how I find the smell,and how others react.It seems to last quite long on me,I think a light spray on clothes and hair helps,and I have NEVER had a bad remark,just raised eyebrows when I said what it was...followed by it smells gorgeous...by females...and that counts...I am on my third bottle now!!

23 September, 2008

Mister by Jasper Conran

I have just got a bottle of this cheap.When it first goes on the skin it smells very sharp,and like a cheap bottle of EDT (you know the difference),but I am confused now,because as it's drying down,it reminds me of another scent,but I cannot place it.I gave my wrists a decent squirt,and rubbed it in,and I can smell the scent at distance.It smells sweet,a bit like liquorice,with flowery/patchouli definitely there.I really cannot make my mind up.I suggest getting a tester spray,or trying a friends first to make up your own mind.It's not altogether unpleasant,but I cannot imagine me going out for the evening wearing this.Maybe a lighter coating may be ok....???

27 August, 2008

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

Yes...I was taken in by all the positive talk of Issey Miyake....yes...I think it's nice...but nothing special...in fact i have gone off it slightly...It's another scent that is instantly recognised,which I think is a bit of a negative thing.I prefer the L'Bleu fraiche

10th August, 2008