Reviews

Reviews by the reaper

Solo Loewe Absoluto by Loewe

Boring and cheapy. Not like the original.
29th March, 2014 (last edited: 04th May, 2015)

7 de Loewe by Loewe

This is incense at its best. But the type of incense you find at catholic churches at Holy Week, we call it Sahumerio. By the way, it's a bit similar to Cacharel Pour L'Homme.

Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Wow. After sometime waiting for this one, it finally arrived. I've got to say that this is the most original and different scent I've ever had. It has a sweet syrup note in the begining that stays for about two hours. Those two hours are strange in a positive way. But then the leather appears and makes the fragrance simply wonderful and different.

Solo Loewe by Loewe

I find Solo a very modern fragrance that is perfectly balanced. The citrus, the wood, the spices, nothing outlast the other. It is a very contemporary quality fragrance.

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I didn't like it when I first smelled it years ago but it was reformulated and the smell was pleasant enough for me. Only problem: it doesn't last.

Iquitos by Alain Delon

Cheap and vulgar smell.
03rd October, 2013 (last edited: 15th September, 2014)

Polo by Ralph Lauren

This was the first fragrance I fell in love with and made it my signature back in the 70's. But it was early reformulated and lost it appeal. Probably Modern Reserve resembles more the original one.
02nd October, 2013 (last edited: 04th May, 2015)

Erolfa by Creed

Smells like water. The only con is that it doesn't last enough but it appears every now and then. This would be the perfect go to fragance if it wasn't for the longevity thing. Thumbs up anyway.

Armani Privé Vétiver Babylone by Giorgio Armani

L'Occitane Vetiver is by faaaaaaar better and cheaaaaaper than this. Only difference, you won't find this everywhere. Thanks God for that. A real waste of money.

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

I consider this fragance marine and modern. Perfect for every situation and season. Not a traditional Chanel but made with quality ingredients.

Cacharel Pour L'Homme by Cacharel

I wish I could have the vintage version since the current one is very weak and watered down.

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I used to have the vintage one and the thing smelled for days but had the strong syrup note. The reformulated version doesn't have it so pronunciated but doesn't last either. 10 or 15 sprays to get a satisfactory morning with the fragrance.

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Get a bottle of Chanel Anateus instead.

Le Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier

Very very sensual barbershop smell. The trick: easy on the trigger.

Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani

It has a soft menthol touch like Issey Miyake Bleue but it is softer and calming. Also de ozone in this one smells more natural and better than the original. Lasts the whole day.

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

wonderful

The smell of wet grass cut by the morning. Calming. Relaxing.

02nd October, 2013

Shalimar by Guerlain

Disgusting and intrusive.

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Every time I saw the word Oriental in a fragrance, didn't get any oriental thing until I smelled this wonderful and exquisite fragrance.

Dior Homme Cologne by Christian Dior

This is really a very modern barbershop fragrance. This is how a man should smell like after being at his barbershop. Dior Homme Cologne is the MODERN cologne they should spray on you after your haircut. Now, the thing smells wonderful but does not last an hour. It should not be called Dior Homme Cologne but just Dior Cologne because that little word HOMME makes you expect the caracteristic iris of Dior Homme but it is not present in the fragrance. A good fragance anyway.

Pros: Modern
Cons: Doesn't last

Sables by Annick Goutal

When I tried Sables for the first time I didn't like it. Perhaps it was because we were in Paris, it was October and the weather was a mixture of rain, cold and clouds. But I took a vial with me back home. Then one day I decided to give it a full try and WOW!!! What a perfect a beautiful man fragrance. It's strong but not cloying. It stayed with me for three days and longevity and projection at third day were the same as first day. I so much regret not buying it.

Edit May 2015:
I had a sample which I got from Champs Elysees Annick Goutal store. It smelled just wonderful and lasted 3 days on my skin. I didn't buy it. Instead I bought Nuit Etoileé. But then I regret not buying it so I went on and bought the new version (packaging) in USA. This new version is very WATERED DOWN. I have had to spray 10 times to smell something on my skin for a little time. It resembles Ambre Sultan but even weaker. I regret buying it. It definately has been reformulated.
22nd December, 2012 (last edited: 04th May, 2015)

Santal Majuscule by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

A strong rose that a man can use from times to times.
22nd December, 2012 (last edited: 15th September, 2014)
22nd December, 2012 (last edited: 15th September, 2014)

Nuit Etoilée by Annick Goutal

I went into an Annick Goutal store in Champs Elysses in order to try Sables which I did. They also gave me a sample of Nuit Etoilee. When my wife and I smelled it, we felt it as the perfect romatic fragrance to wear in Paris in October.
31st October, 2012 (last edited: 04th May, 2015)

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme by Guerlain

A gourmand. No doubt about it but with a balanced, rare and expensive chocolate that makes it smell classic but not dated.

Jules by Christian Dior

Back in the 80s I wore Jules and always thought that it was the perfect fragrance for all year round. I couldn't find it anymore until I bought in Paris. It's been reformulated but it's the same juice and last longer. A treasure indeed.

Eau Sauvage Parfum by Christian Dior

Precious myrh. Long lasting and very refined.

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Habit Rouge is the very perfect classic quality fragrance for men. Fresh with a touch of leather and spices. Always have 3 in my shelve just in case. But this year I had the chance to go into the Maison Guerlain and tried de Eau de Parfum. It is pure cream. This is how a parfum should smell like. Soft but with elegant projection. Less fresher than the Eau de Toilette but more creamy. It's the basenote of the Eau de Toilette but multiplied.

Yuzu Man by Caron

Clean and barbery. Not outstanding.