Reviews by Madame du Barry

Libertine by Vivienne Westwood

There is a definite note of panties here - some love it, some cannot stand it.
12th August, 2011

Marilyn Red by Andy Warhol

I, too, got this one because of the bottle. It cost next to nothing.
It's not bad, not at all. It's a flowery generic one with a loud note of blackcurrant in the opening - then it settles down into a perfect non-offensive every day scent.
07th August, 2011

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan

An expensive version of Johnson & Johnson baby powder.
25th June, 2011

Nicole Miller by Nicole Miller

Nicole Miller is a grown up lady. This is a rather complex floral, containing these notes:

Aldehydes, Heliotrope, Plum, Peach, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-Ylang, some honey and sandalwood. There must be more, but this is what I can identify.

This can be worn anytime, even to the office.
17th June, 2011

cK one Summer 2005 by Calvin Klein

Overwhelming lemon meringue.
14th October, 2010

My Queen by Alexander McQueen

Someone told me that dead people smell like violets. This perfume smells like dead people. (No, I don't see dead people!)
What's the point with this? I get violets, violets and violets.
13th October, 2010

L'Origan by Coty

Another civet monster!
This is yummy. Very sexy, very animalistic. Coty never fails to surprise me - and this is one of Coty's jewels.
Put on that red ress, high heels and go prowling. If you are brave, that is.
05th May, 2010

F by Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

The instant association is pink bubblegum, which just lasts and lasts.
This isn't bad - it's just not for me. Too sweet, too much.
15th April, 2010

Dans Tes Bras by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This is the smell of a horny sailor.
It's composed of salt and is musty and sweaty. I would have expected more from the brand. Alas, I don't understand this at all.
17th March, 2010

Funeral Home by Demeter Fragrance Library

This one is all about white flowers and carnation, if my nose is correct.
I really like how Demeter succeeded with the woodsy note - that's the coffin, right?
The thing is: this does smell like a funeral, and like foetidus says: it lasts longer than Demeter fragrances usually do.
22nd February, 2010

Laundromat by Demeter Fragrance Library

If I want to smell like fabric softener, I'll take a bath in Snuggles. This is ridiculous - why buy this when soap is more longlasting and cheaper?
19th February, 2010

Tumulte by Christian Lacroix

The notes in this don't interact at all. It's 100 dogs howling - hello, Miss Migraine!
18th February, 2010

Aromatics Elixir by Clinique

This isn't a perfume; it's Chinese herbal medicine. I dislike this cough syrup with a passion.
The great news is that it lasts, lasts, lasts...
18th February, 2010