Reviews by NebraskaLovesScent

NebraskaLovesScent's avatar
    NebraskaLovesScent

With Love... Hilary Duff by Hilary Duff

I guess I'm out of the target market for this, being in my late 30's. I was surprised to find that I do like it. It is an unexpectedly sophsticated amber scent with just a hint of sweet. The EdP doesn't have a lot of staying power, but it's not such a loud scent that you can't reapply it later in the day. Another good one for daytime/office wear.

Costes by Hôtel Costes

I loved this when I sniffed the bottle at Aedes. When I finally got around to purchasing some, I find I'm not nuts about it. It's a well-crafted scent and probably lovely on the right person. On me, it smells rather like Neutrogena bar soap, which is not a bad smell but not worth the price of a bottle of Costes. Kind of clean and mediciney. Not awful but not something I'll buy again.

Molinard de Molinard by Molinard

A true classic! Soap meets flowers meets a peppery wood. Good sillage and the scent lasts and lasts. A little dab'll do ya. For classy dames (of all ages and genders) only!

Sublime by Jean Patou

I love the sweet, incensey dry-down on this. Too bad the top notes have a touch of something that smells like sharp cat urine on me, ugh. Beautiful after the first 15 minutes or so, with good sillage and persistance.

Bal à Versailles by Jean Desprez

I found old classics agree with me these days better than many new scents. I bought a mini of this one with high hopes, and I'm still not sure what to make of it yet. I really like the dry-down's animalic notes. Not nuts at this point about the flowery opening, which smells like little old ladies to me. It might grow on me. I think it's worth a few more wearings to decide.

Royal Secret by Royal Secret

I am surprised there are not more reviews of this fragrance. It is a lovely, classic oriental and very reasonably priced. I ordered this one un-sniffed, based on the notes and fragrance classification, and I'm so glad I did. Warm, spicy, not too sharp-smelling or overpowering. Perfectly suitable for daytime and office wear. My husband says it smells slightly incensey on me, must be the myrrh! Good, safe oriental scent.

Babe by Fabergé

Reminds me of my older sister and my sophisticated aunt. They both wore this one in the late 70's/early 80's. It was a clean, musky, sexy scent, very much of its time and place. Not sure I would enjoy this one now but as a kid, I loved it.

Ma Griffe by Carven

This one took a little while to grow on me. At first sniff, I thought it smelled like some cheap hairspray I used to use in high school. Somewhere on the 4th or 5th wearing, though . . . WOW!

I purchased a small decant just to try but I think I'll be getting a full bottle soon. Very green and fresh on me, with good persistance. A nice change of pace from the fruity florals that seem to dominate my workplace. So old it smells new again.