Reviews by ROtto

ROtto's avatar
    ROtto

Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange

The people who give this a thumbs up either seem to be anosmic to the iodine/milk/metal accord, or admit that it's vile and unwearable, but admire ELdO for selling it. I have a different take, this scent is vile BUT wearable, which makes it OK by me.

I would not recommend spraying this on a blotter or your wrist and then inhaling deeply. But this is not how fragrances are normally used, and if you spray it on your body before dressing then it will be fine, and the various accords are much more interesting than vile.

One other note, there is an accord in the drydown which smells (to me) like white surgical bandages which lasts a very long time and is hard to wash off. However, it's fairly pleasant, if a bit strange, and won't interfere with any other fragrance you might wear.

25 March, 2011

L'Antimatière by LesNez

I can smell this, and the previous reviews describe it well enough. All I have to add is that it reminded me of another notorious fragrance, Sécrétions Magnifiques by Etat Libre d'Orange. SM contains this in its base, and while l'A smells like a freshly opened pack of that white adhesive tape they used to use in hospitals, SM (after several hours) is funkier, like bandage tape after it's been used for a few days, with a bit of dried blood. I prefer more full-bodied perfumes so I won't be buying a full bottle, but this would be good on days when you can't use a full fragrance, or as a gift for someone who doesn't like heavy perfumes.

13 December, 2009