Reviews by Eros.Error

Eros.Error's avatar
    Eros.Error

31 rue Cambon by Chanel

Absolutely stunning! I got this as a sample when I went to purchase Bois de Iles and Gardenia. I'm unsure if I can wear this anytime and any season like antinous said, it seems to fit perfectly for some high society black tie event or going for an opera. Coco Chanel is my staple every winter, this one reminds me of Coco a little but with a more transparent quality to it, so I think there shouldn't be too much to wear it in summer or autumn nights... regardlessly, I'm addicted to it and going to bathe it anyway! Mmmmmm... it's a 6 out of 5 stars!

04 September, 2008

Bel Respiro by Chanel

This one is very easy to wear, very easily likable. Can be worn by basically anyone at any age. This is a pastel drawing of soft holly green, pale butter and ivory yellows, and violet. An issue I have with Les Exclusif line is that they all seem to have weak longevity in average. I wish Chanel would consider to release the EDP of all Les Exclusif.

04 September, 2008

Songes by Annick Goutal

I adore Songes, the Jasmine in it is blooming so shamelessly. Like it had happened on many reviewers, it's perfect on the tester strip, then on my skin it slowly turned into a rubbery scent. It's so beautiful but not for me, Sad!

Aoud Roses Petals by Montale

It's my favourite Aoud from Montale. It's more warm and "honeyed" than the rest of feminine aoud roses perfumes. The multi-dimensional sweetness and sour melt and blend with the body heat so well and slowly becoming part of you. Simply addictive.

Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Miel de Bois is a notoriously quirky and eccentric beauty, and it's definitely not for everyone. MdB is a beauty with characters, not one of those Revlon models, they come and go every season, that no matter how pretty they are, you just don't seem to remember their faces. I can only wear this one occassionally when the mood is right. I'm aware the urine smelling note, and so do the dogs in my neighbourhood, everytime I wear it, they either look at me with very puzzled expressions or just bark at me from afar. LOL This juice is potent, last at least 12 hours on my skin (I have normal skin and don't use any body lotion) with great sillage. Luff it!

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Lavender plants have been blooming in my garden and they have been trippling it's territory every year. Gris Clair smells like crushed dry lavender without the green edge. Cool, crisp, ashy and metallic, quite realistic comparing to the real lavender with a little toned down on the sharpness I would say. Doesn't seem to have developed much on the skin. Great longevity, moderate sillage.

Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

I have the EDP as a gift back in 2003, I still have it. It's sophiscated, subtle and youthful unisex scent. It can easily be mistaken as one of Serge Lutens creations. A quiet warm woody oriental scent. It has a nice depth of musc and complimented by all these ingredients all blended so well together, that musk eventually becomes skin scent. A little pleasantly bitterness to my nose. Mmmmm.... Despite the fact that it's been around for awhile, and has been popular for awhile, like Envy and many other great creations, I should judge it as it is, a thumb up for Narciso Rodriguez for Her!

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Creed perfumes and I don't get along well, except Angelique Encen and Fleur de Rose Bulgari. SMW is somewhat thin on the skin, and has this unsettling synthetic sharpness that almost all Creed perfumes share, I really have no idea what it is. There's a chance for me to like this one, it's in fact quite lovely with the blackcurrant, violet and green tea, I'm waiting my bottle of SMW to age a bit and see if that ever makes a difference. I will revisit this one.

Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I know, people love this one... I was told it's the best seller of all SLs at the Shisheido flagship store. The saleswoman insisted to give me a sample and trying to convert me to this one. I have tried basically all SL's perfumes and owned most of them. I agree with mikey_p, it's definitely not unpleasant, definitely more interesting than Fleur Citronnier. To my nose, all these notes put together seem very plastic-like, something vinyl/ plastic-wrap or like a barbie doll just taken out of its cardboard plastic package + an aromatheraputic dish-washing detergent. I'm unsure with this one personally, I might not wear it, but it's interesting to sniff.

Sa Majesté la Rose by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

It layers beautifully with any Aoud Rose by Montale, i think the sourness and green leafy notes from Sa Majesté la Rose accentutes aoud. On its own, It's a bunch of dewy fresh spicily sweet roses on stems with leaves, they are not red roses, they are white, yellow, pale pink and green. Great sillage and longevity on skin, reminds me of the Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau but not as sharp with the green opening. A beauty!

Ombre Rose L'Original by Jean-Charles Brosseau

My mom always said I was not supposed to wear perfume as a kid, the more forbidden, the more appealing and seductive it becomes. In 1994, at the age of 14, I found that bottle unbelieveably beautiful and very Art-Deco, and the scent was soft fruity powdery rosey and there's nothing I'd dislike about it, nothing I would disagree with it. So I bought it from a drug store, cheap for its quality. That's my first perfume. It's my comfort scent in the cold cold Canadian winter nights, my guilty pleasure.

Few years ago I saw the EDP in black bottles in Japan, unfortunately I was in transit and didn't have time to have a sniff of it.

Spring Flower by Creed

I got this as a gift. I think Creed has been overrated, overpriced for its quality. It's a sweet, aquatic, fruity scent. Something in it does not settle and subdue after hours of application on the skin, something in it gives me a headache, I just can't tolerate this one. Sorry Creed!

Gardénia by Chanel

I can't believe Luca Turin only rated it 1 star out of 5! So pristine, it has a transparent, water-colour like quality to it, light-hearted, child-like, classy and sooo beautiful all at once. Love it!