Reviews by tinkerbell

tinkerbell's avatar
    tinkerbell

1000 by Jean Patou

I remember being bought this EDP when it first came out in the early seventies,and absolutely ADORED it,to me it was nothing like I had ever smelt before Heaven!!Bliss !! I used it for a number of years then had a break (family,finances).

I tried it again in the late 80's and it didn't seem quite the same, but I couldn't put my finger on the difference.

I bought it again about 5years ago, and it is languishing in my perfume cupboard
    I get it out every few months and try it .....but it literally makes me feel sick ????

What on earth has happened to what once was an absolutely unique perfume ????

La Petite Robe Noire 2012 by Guerlain

Initially I was very disappointed as felt this perfume had no body and faded quickly on me.

However I persevered and kept trying it at different times of the day etc,because it has a lot of my favourite notes in it.

The turning point came came when my 28yr Son and fellow fragrance addict asked what I was wearing and said I smelt gorgeous......praise indeed as he is also my biggest critic and tells it as it is.

Just goes to show how the ph value differs in everyones skin and how this can affect smell. One mans poison etc....

Now my second every day perfume after My Insolence.

Eau de Fleurs de Cédrat by Guerlain

All I can say is WOW how did I miss this wonderful "Eau " for so long.
    It is gloriously refreshing and tangy a real wake me up and make me go aroma.

I came upon it by accident,frazzled by shopping stopped by Guerlain counter to buy "La Petite Robe Noire ".
    I was so hot and bothered that the assistant spritzed me with with "Cedrats" and I was hooked.
    Made me feel light and airy, even though I wasn't......ideal as a day aroma or anytime you are feeling low....lifts the spirits.

Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

Although a Guerlain lover this is not one of my favourites as can be a little cloying
    after a while.
    Definitely winter / evening Perfume I have Eau de Perfume

Chamade by Guerlain

Another of my Guerlain Perfumes that I have been wearing since the Seventies
    on and off.
    To me there is something mesmerising about the aroma that I can't put my finger on.
    I have Vintage Eau de Parfum ( my local pharmacy was stopping selling perfumes a good few years ago and saved a number of classics for me ).

On my skin this perfume settles into a warm classic vanilla scent with a twist.

I will leave the descriptions to others on site better than myself, as it has all been said before.

Shalimar by Guerlain

This was my second ever "grown up" perfume that my boyfriend bought for me
    in 1973 and nearly 40years down the line I think I have grown into it.
    I felt very sophisticated wearing it in my 20's but felt it was maybe too old for me
    because of it's heaviness. However I have always loved the sensual smell and always will, so do the men around me...as I have had many compliments on my
    perfume whilst wearing this,mainly from the older man !!

Après L'ondée by Guerlain

I bought this Perfume after reading the Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez book
    Perfume The Guide.
    They judged this to be one of the best 20 all time greats of perfume.

Sadly I have been bitterly disappointed.

It smells absolutely foul on my skin and even on my clothes !! It reminds me of
    a musty,stale damp room.

It was the first time I had bought a perfume without smelling it beforehand and
    it will be the last.