Reviews by KimChi

Eau de Sisley 3 by Sisley

citrus, bergamot, mandarin, grapefruit, lemon, red ginger, osmanthus, patchouli, vetiver, benzoin, vanilla and musk are listed as the notes

This one is wonderful. It starts out very citrusy and turns into this wonderful slightly spicy, warm fragrance, but not cold weather warm. Something good for Spring or Summer. It is really delicious. A sales associate suggested it to me, and gave me a sample a few days ago. The sample is gone. I really want a bottle of this one.
19th April, 2009

Black Orchid by Tom Ford

I have a sample of this. I will own this. OMG, this is a masterpiece. Warm sexy boozy chocolaty, yummy, intoxicating. Dear God, this is Hedonism in a bottle!

I see there are many products out in this now, including a shampoo I think. I may start out slow with this, maybe a bubblebath and shampoo..oh would this make a bubble bath for two incredibly steamy.

YET, it isn't necessarily sexual, it is INDULGENT but that calms down after a bit and becomes soothing and comfortable...I only tried this for 18 hours. BUT I KNOW...A KEEPER! Tom, I love ya for this one.

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo

This is so beautiful. It really is "Amour" to me. It is such a calming and comfortable scent. It is warm and sensual and not overdone. It is fabulous. I don't think I have met a Kenzo that I didn't like. So far I own Flower, Flower Oriental, and now Amour, and I will eventual buy Jungle Elephant (that is heady and wonderful!)

Joséphine by Rancé 1795

I absolutely adore this. It is in my top 2 or three ever in my lifetime. Do you need the notes? and the details?

En Passant by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

It is wet and green and floral and very linear (I think). I like it. But I really have to be in the mood for it to wear it. I think a true lilac lover would wear this more often than I do. And I am a lilac lover, but I just need my Sandalwoods often! TWO THUMBS way up for getting me to love something that I ordinary would not love, she is a brilliant nose.

FlowerbyKenzo Oriental by Kenzo

The notes are: Bulgarian Rose, Violet, Vanilla, Musk, Sichuan Pepper, Kyara, Chinese Incense.

Kenzo Oriental, to me, is a wonderful fragrance. I like it even better than the original Flower, which is very sweet and quite powdery, but very easy to wear. This one is spicier, woodier, maybe a bit more masculine, but it really works. It opens soft and floral (the Bulgarian Rose and Violet), but begins to dry with the woody incense making an appearance, and soon a slight pepperness. It is very well balanced. It develops nicely, a slight vanilla and woodiness and very little floral lingers towards the end. It last on me for about 4-5 hours and I cannot help but wish this would also be done in an EDP so it would last even longer. This tends to stay relatively close to the skin and can be worn day or night. It is a very comforting fragrance for this time of year, and I think it also has a rather meditative quatility to it. I highly recommend trying this one.
19th January, 2006

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

I am looking at my bottle now with only about 10 percent of this beloved juice left. I used to use my mother's at least once a week as a teenager and highschool girl (much more sophisticated than my Anais Anais, or my Crabtree and Evelyn Freesia, at the time). My mother used to wear this almost every day in the late 70s and 80s and I loved to smell it lingering in the house long after she left. I remember she would always get the parfum on the cord for Christmas. This is one of the sexiest fragrances my nose has ever known. I don't think I will ever be without Opium in my collection as I am sure I would go through withdrawals.
07th December, 2005

In Love Again by Yves Saint Laurent

I just adore this fragrance. It is very light, happy and fresh with nice grapefruit notes. I understand that it will only be available every four years, and although the bottle is 100ml, I honestly think I will buy a second bottle in case I run out.
02nd December, 2005