Reviews by jredman

Eternity by Calvin Klein

I loved this while in college. Unfor, this was the fragrance I was wearing when the love of my life dumped me. He later regretted it - after I was gone but I cannot stand it now. Brings back that heartache that will never be completely gone. I thought it was nice before although looking back, certainly not a sophisticated scent or one that I truly would have kept wearing anyhow.

13 December, 2008

Samsara by Guerlain

oh Samsara...I was at an outdoor cafe in Bordeaux, France when a woman walked by leaving a trail of the most beautiful smell. I was in heaven. A few weeks later I visited a Parfumerie when une vendeuse let me try on the newest guerlain. I recognized it instantly from the cafe. I was but a poor college student but I had to have it. It was 250 francs. (about 50 dollars) That was nearly 20 years ago. I did not have money for food except bread for about 3-4 days and had to cut back with other things. But I was in love and it was so worth it. What a memory. Unfor. as I got older and had my children, my chemistry changed. It stinks on me now. I love it on others. I hope one day to be able to wear this "first love" again.
    I still have never had a fragrance "coup de foudre" like that and probably never will again. Just like first love.

06 December, 2008 (Last Edited: 22 March, 2013)

Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf

I fell in love with this when it came out. I only where it during warm weather. My dr. who has never commented on anything "personal" asked what smelled so good when he came into the examining room. Now I have gone there for 15 years on a regular basis. I find it to be sexy and I feel confident when I am wearing it.

06 December, 2008 (Last Edited: 06 November, 2011)

Fuel For Life pour Femme by Diesel

This one smells so warm and sensual. At least it does for me. I was not expecting much but I find it comforting. i love to spray it on right before bed. I have not received any compliments on it though so maybe it does not smell as good as I think. I do think it is powdery and reminds me of a subdued Organza indecence.

Nu Eau de Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent

I find this to be one of my favorites. I know it is turning cold outside when I start reaching for this one. I think it is tres sexy and unique. Might be a bit too spicy for some people.

Miracle by Lancôme

This is a fine fragrance to wear to work. Won't offend anyone and is not overpowering. I won't be repurchasing it though. Too ho-hum. I like the pepper accord in Notorious better and I prefer a sexier fragrance for most of the time.

Beautiful by Estée Lauder

I used to adore this when it came out. I was 19 and knew nothing about fragrance. My mother had never worn any. I happened upon it at the mall and could not resist. I thought it smelled wonderful on me. Fast forward - 15 or so years later. I bought it again. Too bad ...smells nothing like I remembered. Did I change that much?

Cinnabar by Estée Lauder

My close friend in h.s. used to wear this when we would go out to parties. It was her mother's. I am thinking of buying it for her just because. It smelled so sophisticated on her.

Truth Calvin Klein by Calvin Klein

I prefer the sensual version. Very unique. def. not for everyone. One of the best of Calvin Klein and probably his most underated. It is exquisite and makes me feel sexy.