Reviews by PungentPuncher

Endymion by Penhaligon's

Was excited to get this in! Unfortunately it does not last on my skin, doesn't project, and doesn't smell unless I put my know right up to it.

It's a pleasant smell, good for office and neutral settings, even a date, but this just does not work on my skin.
20th January, 2015

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Opens like smokey vanilla extract, then settles into a sharp vanilla. It's not a bad sharp, and in a way is pleasant. But it's too simple of a start and end for me to want to buy it. I don't see the fuss!

TL;DR: Too simple of a combination for me to love. Longevity is nice, though.
09th January, 2014

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

A good office, going-out cologne. Projection and sillage may not be the greatest, but that's what makes it even better for the office. Smells like fresh oranges with powder. The dry down is pleasantly a light --but sharp-- citrus. Nothing special, but I can see why it's popular.
07th January, 2014

Original Santal by Creed

I also tried this at Neiman Marcus, and I wanted something from Creed's lineup that WASN'T Aventus! Aventus is getting to be THE go-to parfum, and I don't want to be like the other guys!

Luckily, Original Santal offers a manly, sophisticated, and slightly playful response. Smells like smokey cinammon over vanilla. It's not as spicy or pungent as it sounds, it's a daring blend. I enjoy it!
06th January, 2014

H.M. by Hanae Mori

Too metallic on me, smelled too strong without smelling like anything in particular
26th December, 2013

Invasion Barbare / SB by MDCI

Versatile, safe, alluring. can't quite pick out the smells, but the top end smells elegant and dashing. It's a safe wear around the office, church, or a luncheon. It smells great on me, but the longevity isn't as good as I'd expect for the price. Lasted around 5 hours. A significant other that's physically close to you will still be able to smell it, if their nose is against you.
23rd December, 2013