Reviews by DonGaetano

Axe Amber / Lynx Amber by Axe / Lynx

Since no one has rated this I figured why not give my "2 cents". The Axe products are pretty run of the mill and not that special but back in the day (80's and 90's) this was the best Frag they had out. A truly clean amber scent with no frills. you smell like you just got out of the shower all day long with this vintage aftershave. It was discontinued a long time ago but you can still find it on EBAY for a decent price. It has good longevity so don't worry about getting a bottle that has turned, yet to happen to me.
02nd October, 2016 (last edited: 27th December, 2016)

Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma

Very Citrusy and fresh. I think its more suitable for summer than winter
30th December, 2014 (last edited: 07th January, 2015)

Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Anyove who calls this the "Original Armani Scent" knows absolutely nothing about it. I still have a couple of bottles of the original eau pour homme from the 90's and even a bottle of the aftershave and I've got to tell you the difference is huge. The new scent smells good for about 5 minutes and then it smells like nothing. The Original has a very clean citrusy and woody spice scent to it, the oakmoss I'm guessing. The longevity and sillage are more than reasonable. Anyone interested should try the original. You can still find it on Internet sales platforms but be sure to check out the details before you buy. I would suggest you look at "Raiders of the lost scent" and punch in Original Armani.....you get all the info you'll need while searching
30th December, 2014 (last edited: 07th January, 2015)

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Nice Frag from the greatest designer Kingdom in the history of the world!

I bought this when it first came out in the mid 90's and got alot of compliments on it..........then everybody was wearing it and the uniqueness was out the window. It's like the line in that Eagles song "Call someplace paradise and you can kiss it goodbye". I picked up a small bottle again the other day because I hadn't had it for a while. I really missed the scent of citrus and melons and in my opinion that is where this Frag really scores.

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur by Pierre Cardin

Thee Spice Bomb!

I have been buying this Frag, off and on, for about 25 years. Just can't get away from it. I use it for a while get sick of it, don't use it for a while and then find myself buying it again. Very late 70's early 80's scent that reminds of things at that time. Comes on very strong and the dry down takes a while but as long as you don't overshoot it it's a nice smell all day. Not many colognes "Spice Up" your life like this stuff!

Monsieur de Givenchy by Givenchy

Very clean and citrusy. I can't stand anything else from Givenchy but this fragrance is nice.

I have a fairly late version so I can't comment on how any original might smell but I am assuming it is very similar.

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Nice fragrance from Gucci. I only have the Aftershave but it's almost like having the cologne as far as strength is concerned. Longevity is very good but not something I would wear every day.

Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

This stuff hits you like a shotgun blast of soap powder and patchouli coming out of the bottle! The dry-down doesn't take long and what remains is a powdery clean scent with just a hint of cinnamon and spice. I love it and love the fact that it is more than affordable for anyone who wants a classy cologne. 80's powerhouse!

Gant USA Classic by Gant USA

Pretty cool scent but also pretty strong, I only have the aftershave but even that is pretty strong. I think this is a big body-chemistry issue because i've noticed that how it smells on any given day depends on what type of soap or lotion I might have used before hand. The colognes or aftershaves I use are not effected by those factors but with Gant Classic they can be decisive. I understand it has been discontinued.