Reviews by masamim10

Love Spell by Victoria's Secret

I got this scent because a friend of mine smelled amazing, and she told me this was what she was wearing. Apparently, she got it for the same reason too; a friend of hers was wearing it and it smelled amazing.

A couple other people who smelled me did the same thing too!

I can see why it is super popular. I don't find it to be a sexy scent at all, but an overall simple, girly, fruity floral that exudes youth.

I wouldn't wear it once I get older since it does scream simple, unsophisticated, casual, and carefree, so I want to get the most out of it now!

I think it is appropriate for spring/summer, and in the daytime.

I might repurchase... I don't know yet. I am also eyeing the 'Pure Seduction' scent...

Winter Candy Apple by Bath and Body Works

It's a sweet, slightly spicy, holiday scent! This comes out only in the winter, but it is always a crowd pleaser.

Unfortunately, despite trying layering with the body wash, the body lotion, and the fragrance mist, the staying power is pretty darn weak!

I would buy again if the staying power wasn't so pathetic, but alas it is, so I wouldn't buy again.

I would recommend for a gift though, since B&BW generally has good gift sets for it, and the scent is pretty universally acceptable.

Rainkissed Leaves by Bath and Body Works

This literally smells like leaves.

I guess it is an inoffensive smell, and if anyone catches a whiff of you wearing it, they may just assume someone was rolling around in the grass or weeding gardens outside or something.

So if you like smelling like the generic leaf this is the scent for you.

Pink Chiffon by Bath and Body Works

I loved this scent from the day it was released and I smelled it in the store.

It's a super feminine, girly, fruity floral with a hint of vanilla, musk, and sandalwood. I love it because I love feminine and girly but cannot stand sickly sweet scents.

The dry down is surprisingly candy-like. That is why I somewhat hesitate to use it, since I love how it starts out, but don't really like the whiff of cotton candy I get later in the day.

I love the packaging though, and it's such a fun and flirty scent I think I will have to repurchase!

It is definitely a day scent, and I would probably use it in the spring.

Midnight Pomegranate by Bath and Body Works

One of my favorite scents from B&BW. I think this was one of the first scents that I chose myself and got from the store! I used to wear this all the time as a young teenager.

I get compliments pretty much every time I use this scent. But most girls around me know it immediately since they used to love it too!

It's a pretty simple scent. It's kind of a tangy, fruity smell with a hint of floral and sweetness. The tangyness goes away after a while.

Idk, maybe it is because I used it in middle school, but the scent seems a bit too juvenile for my age so I don't think I will get it again.

Eucalyptus Spearmint by Bath and Body Works

Really does the trick as a stress reliever scent. I absolutely love it!

However, I would just wear it at home for myself before going to bed, or when I just want to relax. I think the scent is more appropriate in its lotion or candle form.

The staying power isn't very good but seriously, who cares if it's not something to wear out?

It's pretty expensive for what it's worth, so I would only get it on sale.

Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works

I admit I had gotten this scent, mistaking it for a discontinued "blushing cherry blossom", that I really liked.

If I had smelled this in-store, I would not have bought it. It might have been a good mistake though, because I learned to like it.

Since I own it, I occasionally use it. It is an inoffensive scent, and there is not much projection so it is good if you are around people who dislike strong scents.

I initially smell floral with cherry. Unfortunately, the smell lasts only a couple hours on me.

At times I can't stand the scent, other times I absolutely love it. But I must like it most of the time, because I am almost done with the body cream.

It is a day scent and a spring scent. Casual. I MIGHT buy it again, but only if it is super cheap.

Charmed Life by Bath and Body Works

A tangy sort of fruity with a tiny hint of flowers, and lots of vanilla.

It smelled ok in the store (ok enough for me to buy it super cheap on promotion), smelled just awesome on me.
This scent is great for day and night use, appropriate for all seasons.

It doesn't exactly strike me as a sophisticated smell, but a really yummy smell. I like how it is not a simple floral, or a simply fruity, sweet smell, or just plain vanilla. It certainly has depth to it, but somehow it is a casual scent.

The body cream scent has a surprisingly good staying power(for B&BW), and lasts for the entire day.

Unfortunately, B&BW has discontinued the line. I really hope it is brought back... I regret not stocking up on this! :(

Burberry Body by Burberry

Unfortunately, this smells like something particularly nasty covered with powder.

I expected to like this since I saw rave reviews of this scent, and also since I love Burberry classic so much.

I had my mom smell it, and she thought it was nice but said it was not for young ladies like me (I am early 20's).

The good part for fans of this smell is that the staying power is pretty good. The projection is not strong at all, but if you get close, you can smell it. After an entire day, the scent was still pretty prominent on my wrist.
Since I do not like the smell, I was not exactly thrilled about this one good quality for a perfume, but it wasn't atrocious or smelly enough for me to have to scrub it off during the middle of the day.

J'Adore by Christian Dior

Really wanted to love this... but all I detect is powder, powder, and... powder. It makes me want to sneeze!

Sorry, must not be for me.

Seeing the popularity of this scent, I assume it probably smells better on the people it works on than in the bottle.

Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works

Admittedly, I used to hate this scent when I first smelled it. After a few years, I went and gave it another chance since I learned it was the most popular scent in the B&BW franchise.

I fell in love with the scent the second time I tried, and I have been a repeater for the body cream for it ever since. I have honestly gone through at least 3 tubes of the body cream.

Unfortunately, the smell is not very popular with my grandmother or my mother, who both cannot handle strong smells. The staying power is not really great throughout the day, but when put on, the scent is pretty strong. The scent is not for everyone.

It smells much better on me than in the bottle, so I cannot really recommend it to others since I do not know how it will smell on them.
I use this in the colder months of the year. Personally I think it is a bit too heavy for the warmer ones.

It is a sort of oriental floral scent, and not too sweet. This is good for me since I do not like super sweet scents.

Miss Dior Originale (previously Miss Dior) by Christian Dior

This is my absolute favorite perfume!
I have smelled/tried many different perfumes but this has never been beaten in my book.

Every time I smell this, I relax instantly and feel out of this world good.
Whenever I put this on, I get compliments from people I know, people I don't know, friends, and family. My immediate family members are not exactly all that interested in or like perfume, but genuinely describes the scent as "pretty". (and believe me they are pretty blunt and honest with me and my perfumes)
Admittedly, this smells better on me than in the bottle, so it must work with my body chemistry somehow.

Also, a little goes a long way with this one. It is not an overpowering scent, but it stays with me for the whole day. I can also smell it faintly on my scarf and coat as well even on days I am not wearing it, and it is really nice.

I find this to be good for fall and winter, so I use a different scent for spring/summer.