Reviews by tjarksd

Solare by Vince Camuto

Picked up a 3.4 tester of this for $24.99 on eBay after seeing it featured by a couple YouTubers. I'm not regretting it. The mandarin is heavy right out of the gate, but it develops into a creaminess in the dry down with a very subtle musk. I can't compare it to Ultra Zest, but as a standalone I find it pleasant and a scent I like overall.
09th April, 2018

Only The Brave by Diesel

My girlfriend and daughter both love this one me. I'm kind of neutral on it myself... My girlfriend originally gave me my first bottle of OTB as a gift. Years later when I wear it she'll randomly text me some days saying that when she woke up she could still smell me there (in a good way). It's one of the few fragrances I own that the people who I care most about seem to genuinely like.

One thing I would like to point out in a few of these negative reviews... They say my girlfriend or wife "gave this to me to wear." That indicates that someone else probably likes it...even if it's not your favorite. My definition of "good" doesn't always seem to be the same as how the rest of the world defines it.

19th March, 2018

Acqua Essenziale Colonia by Salvatore Ferragamo

Can't really add too much to the previous reviews. It's a nice mature soapy scent. Good blind buy on clearance for $10 at Marshall's.
19th March, 2018

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Great smell. Good for work or dates where you're up close together. I'm not good at detecting specific top, middle, and base notes. To me this scent is spectacular from application through the drying process, and right up to when it disappears.

Longevity varies on the person and how it's applied I guess. It's best for me with a couple spritzes on my shirt and one to each of the inside of my forearms. I usually get 4 hrs or so. The One holds on cotton fabric much longer than on my skin.

I try not to do my wrists and the bottom of my forearms because I sit in a cube at a keyboard most of the time. Fragrance from those locations just end up on my desk.
20th March, 2014