Reviews by Moople

No. 5 by Chanel

I'm 20 and this is my go-to day time scent. Why? Because, on me, the EDT disappears after 10 minutes hovering very close to my skin. I have to literally have my nose against my wrist to smell it. Only when I sweat do I start smelling really good. Gross? yes. But then, who doesn't want to smell like jasmine and sandalwood and vanilla after they run up 5 flights of stairs?

22 January, 2010

Brûlure de Rose 13 by Parfumerie Generale

It's horrible. I was expecting roses and smoke, or perhaps roses and gunpowder, but what I got instead, is the nastiest bubblegum smell ever. It was so invasive and so close to what bubble gum smells like that that I could not even detect any rose in it. I sat on the bus a few minutes after I applied it, and I was so embarrassed because no one would sit anywhere near me. What's more, it took ages to wash off so I was stuck with it, and a horrible headache for hours.

25 June, 2009

Diorissimo by Christian Dior

To me, this smells nothing like lily of the valley. What I get upon application is the nastiest cough syrup smell. However, that fades in seconds and what's left is the loveliest, lushest, and most realistic jasmine I've ever smelled in a perfume. In my home town, there are old people who collect and sell bunches of jasmine in the subways. Diorissimo smells just like that jasmine - where it's just beginning to decay slightly but it still smells beautiful.

12 June, 2009

Brit Gold by Burberry

This one has amazing longevity on me. I sprayed it on after I showered at 7pm, slept on it, woke up at 7am, went to school, came back home at 3:20 and I still smelt like Brit Gold. Came off in the shower though.. ^^;;

28 November, 2008

L'Eau Cheap and Chic by Moschino

A rather unremarkable fragrance that calls to mind powdery cherries. It's very light, almost as if you weren't wearing perfume but rather a freshly laundered shirt. It has sadly, about the same lasting power as the smell of laundry detergent and fades quite quickly. I rather like it personally however, as I find it's one of the youngest scents I've ever tried without blatant notes of fruits and flowers.

27 October, 2008