Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Reviews by Moople

No. 5 by Chanel

I'm 20 and this is my go-to day time scent. Why? Because, on me, the EDT disappears after 10 minutes hovering very close to my skin. I have to literally have my nose against my wrist to smell it. Only when I sweat do I start smelling really good. Gross? yes. But then, who doesn't want to smell like jasmine and sandalwood and vanilla after they run up 5 flights of stairs?
22nd January, 2010

Brûlure de Rose 13 by Parfumerie Generale

It's horrible. I was expecting roses and smoke, or perhaps roses and gunpowder, but what I got instead, is the nastiest bubblegum smell ever. It was so invasive and so close to what bubble gum smells like that that I could not even detect any rose in it. I sat on the bus a few minutes after I applied it, and I was so embarrassed because no one would sit anywhere near me. What's more, it took ages to wash off so I was stuck with it, and a horrible headache for hours.
25th June, 2009

Diorissimo by Christian Dior

To me, this smells nothing like lily of the valley. What I get upon application is the nastiest cough syrup smell. However, that fades in seconds and what's left is the loveliest, lushest, and most realistic jasmine I've ever smelled in a perfume. In my home town, there are old people who collect and sell bunches of jasmine in the subways. Diorissimo smells just like that jasmine - where it's just beginning to decay slightly but it still smells beautiful.
12th June, 2009

Brit Gold by Burberry

This one has amazing longevity on me. I sprayed it on after I showered at 7pm, slept on it, woke up at 7am, went to school, came back home at 3:20 and I still smelt like Brit Gold. Came off in the shower though.. ^^;;
28th November, 2008

L'Eau Cheap and Chic by Moschino

A rather unremarkable fragrance that calls to mind powdery cherries. It's very light, almost as if you weren't wearing perfume but rather a freshly laundered shirt. It has sadly, about the same lasting power as the smell of laundry detergent and fades quite quickly. I rather like it personally however, as I find it's one of the youngest scents I've ever tried without blatant notes of fruits and flowers.
27th October, 2008