Reviews by rbl1990

Dunhill Icon by Dunhill

My father just bought a bottle for himself duty free on an airplane from London. I smelled it for the first time today. I was first like wow such a cool bottle and so dang heavy, must be an intense alpha male type scent. Looked at notes: "wow looks like a very good mix of notes that I like a lot in my fragrances... Boy was I in for a surprise. Even giving it 5 mins on the skin was too much; vigorous scrubbing ensued...haven't had that kind of reaction in a long time. Disgusting candy-like smell is all I get, not like 1 million, but unique in its own right and absolutely terrible nonetheless.
To each his own, but my goodness, how could anyone say "intensely masculine." I believe the only time appropriate for a man to wear this would be if he was a clown at a carnival surrounded by all those sickening smells of sweet junk food to muddle it's presence.
I wouldn't even use this as a toilet air freshener to be honest.
10th July, 2015

Romance Silver Men by Ralph Lauren

Permanently borrowed this from my father when I was a young teenager, but it should have stayed in his collection! What was I thinking when I put this on at that age? This scent is woody (to my nose: cedar) as all get out, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Poor to average longevity and sillage. A good smell more suited towards matured fellows in my opinion.
03rd July, 2014

Original Vetiver by Creed

The opening note is a blast of citrus/lemon grass/citronella. Some people tell me this note smells like bug spray and others are obsessed with the freshness. Reminds me a lot of Acqua di Parma Colonia. I tend to always be hot and where other colognes come out super strong but then fade away quickly, Original Vetiver has staying power. 1 spray on the back of my neck lasts a solid 6 hours! Most I've ever used was 3 sprays (back of neck, lower chest, 1/2 on back of knees) and it started to be cloying.

I'm in my 20's and my gf (22) loves this smell! I'd say some scents are definitely for the matured crowd, this is not one in my opinion. JFK sported it and wooed Marilyn Monroe...end of story (look it up!).

Other than it being the only "vetiver heavy" cologne I have, it is the biggest "change up" in smell in my collection.
03rd July, 2014