Reviews by Infini

The Buddhawood Box by 4160 Tuesdays

The Buddhawood Box is the first 4160 Tuesdays fragrance I've tried which, sadly, didn't work on me. On my skin it starts off like a softer version of Chanel's Sycomore; the wood notes without the vetiver base, which I like very much. However, after wearing it for about an hour, a note appears which reminds me of something in Mugler's Womanity, which I really don't like. Unfortunately, this note persists, and I don't enjoy The Buddhawood Box any longer. Therefore, I have to give this fragrance a neutral: no reflection on the quality of the fragrance, which like all the 4160 Tuesdays, is superb, but sadly not one I can wear.
17th December, 2018

Joy by Christian Dior

Just when you thought Dior couldn't sink any lower than their other recent offerings, they bring out this instantly forgettable, synthetic, throwaway rubbish. Ripping off the Joy name makes it all the more ironic and despicable. I wonder what they're planning next: Dior No5? Dior Shalimar? Dior de Rocaille? I was just about to say Miss Dior, but they've already ripped that off themselves. Utterly shameful
09th December, 2018

Journey Woman by Amouage

On me, Journey is like a more refined, less brash version of Alien Oud Majesteux. I've enjoyed my sample of Journey, but I don't think I'd want a full size bottle. Very nice, but for me, a once-in-a-while fragrance.
01st November, 2018

Fate Man by Amouage

So disappointing! I had really high hopes for Fate Man, but on me it is a very synthetic mixture of Alien Eau Extraordinaire and Platinum Egoiste: completely dominated by white musk. Very powerful and long lasting, with strong sillage - which is great if you like the fragrance.
27th October, 2018

Azurée by Estée Lauder

I smelled Azuree for the first time recently: I have never been a great fan of Estee Lauder fragrances, (with the exception of Private Collection, which is one of my all-time favourite perfumes), but from the first smell of the tester, I knew this would join the 10-or-so fragrances I buy time and time again. I bought a bottle immediately, and have worn it regularly ever since.

I find Azuree a very complex fragrance: so much so I don't know I could begin to explain it or name many of the notes. To my nose, Azuree is Autumn in a bottle: a beautiful mixture of leather, spice and subtle citrus (I think probably orange,tangerine or mandarin).

What I have found is that on a sunny autumn day, Azuree smells fresh-spicy, whereas on a colder, grey day, it seems heavier and warmer. Familiar but unique all at the same time. I think the spice notes remind me slightly of Nina Ricci's Phileas and Caron's Yatagan. The longevity and sillage are tremendous; much as I love it I think it would be overpowering in warm (let alone hot) weather. When one of my friends smelled Azuree on me, she immediately said "That really is class!", which I agree with completely. For an autumn evening at the theatre or a concert, Azuree really is a rival to my usual Joy (the real Joy, not the new ghastly Dior fragrance of the same name).

Azuree is one of very few fragrances I would describe as perfect.
14th October, 2018

The Dark Heart of Old Havana by 4160 Tuesdays

The Dark Heart Of Old Havana is my third fragrance by 4160 Tuesdays, after The Lion Cupboard and Tart's Knicker Drawer. I'm wearing it for the second time today, and, strangely, it seems a different fragrance altogether from my first wearing, two days ago.

The first time I wore this fragrance, I found the sour fruit notes completely overpowered most of the other notes, and could smell little else, apart faint vanilla and tobacco notes. Today, this is a different fragrance altogether (I wore Rive Gauche yesterday, so The Dark Heart Of Old Havana might seem sweeter in comparison): I'm not smelling the fruit notes at all; instead, this fragrance started off as powdery pepper notes, and slowly sweetened, and developed vanilla, tonka and tobacco notes. Now, after wearing it for about 4.5 hours, coffee notes have appeared. The fragrance reminds me of a more subtle, and far more natural version of A*Men Pure Coffee. Initially I thought this fragrance wore very close to me, but so many people have noticed it today, it clearly has strong sillage. Not overpoweringly heavy, this makes a lovely autumn and winter fragrance.
18th September, 2018 (last edited: 04th October, 2018)

Alliage by Estée Lauder

I find Alliage the most unusual of the older Estee Lauder fragrances: as it hits my nose when I spray it, I am immediately reminded of the green notes of Private Collection; however, on my skin Alliage immediately becomes far more herbal. I don't smell either the peach or citrus notes in the pyramid. The fragrance remains very green and becomes more herbal, before the chypre, musk, wood, vetiver and oakmoss notes develop. There are definitely some green notes shared with Private Collection, but they are almost completely overpowered by the herbal-green notes; Alliage, though is not fresh-green. Unfortunately after about 40 minutes on my skin, Alliage starts to fade, and after about an hour and a half, I can only detect it very faintly. When it's at it's peak, the overall effect is the rather strange sounding mixture of Parfum d'Hermes, Guerlain's Herba Fresca, with the tiniest hint of Private Collection. I don't dislike Alliage, but it's not really my sort of fragrance; and it's sillage and longevity on me are always disappointing.

Very pleasant, but for an essentially green Estee Lauder fragrance (in fact, one of my all-time favourites), I much prefer Private Collection. Definitely suitable for men too
23rd May, 2018 (last edited: 06th June, 2018)

Raffinée by Dana

The original Houbigant Raffinee was along the lines of Vanderbilt, with added depth from subtle woody and spicy notes. I recently purchased the Prism version, expecting it to be at least similar, but have been left very disappointed. The Prism version is much heavier, very pungent, and reminds me of En Avion (one of the few Caron fragrances I really dislike) mixed with Vanderbilt. This might well work on some people, but it really is a disaster on me. I have had a similarly disappointing experience with Prism's version of Houbigant's Lutece. I had intended to purchase Chantilly next, but based on my experience with Raffinee and Lutece, I will give it a miss
18th May, 2018

Lutèce by Dana

A soft, powdery bergamot and vanilla floral fragrance; though far more natural than modern synthetic white musk vanilla perfumes. The original Houbigant version of Lutece was identical to Ombre Rose Eau de Cologne, which lacked the aldehydes of Ombre Rose EDT and Parfum; neither Lutece or Ombre Rose smell of roses.

The current version by Prism is sweeter than the Houbigant, and, sadly bland in comparison. After about an hour on my skin it becomes little more than vanilla. However it is very pleasant, especially for the budget price.
18th May, 2018

Albert Nipon by Albert Nipon

I liked the pure perfume of this fragrance in the 80s. I have to agree with Jean Patou Fan regarding the similarity with Opium (though softer and more powdery), and Youth Dew, rather than Cinnabar, is the more how it was on me. Though, as with all fragrances, we all perceive them differently, and they obviously develop differently on everyone's skin; however, I still can't see this fragrance resembling Mahora on anyone! Also, fragrances are often reformulated, and different vintages, as well as different concentrations can vary tremendously. I can definitely see the similarity with Coromandel in the drydown.
23rd April, 2018

Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel

I have to be honest, I am not a fan of Cacharel fragrances; Anais Anais (now Anais Anais L'Orignal) is the exception, and the one and only Cacharel I can wear. (I love smelling Eden on other people, but it doesn't work on me).

Anais Anais always strikes me as a very natural smelling floral summer fragrance. On my skin, I really don't get the various wood, musk, leather and vetiver base notes; if they're there at all on me, they give depth to the floral notes, rather than stand out in their own right. Anais Anais certainly isn't the most sophisticated fragrance (that isn't meant in a derogatory way), and one I only wear in warm weather, but a very pleasant, natural floral for the summer months; and, for me, far preferable to the hundreds of throw-away vanilla and white musk fragrances that are currently so popular.

Sadly, as with many of my favourite fragrances, the once comprehensive Anais Anais range has been drastically reduced in recent years: originally there was Parfum, Eau de Parfum (which at first had the now dated name Parfum de Toilette), Eau de Toilette in bottles and sprays, handbag sprays of each concentration, as well as bath and body products, including soap, body lotion, shower gel etc. Now all that remains are three sizes of Eau de Toilette; the Cacharel site also lists body lotion, but I have failed to find this in any of the major UK outlets.

There are now several Anais Anais flankers, and the original is now renamed Anais Anais L'Original; the new name has been accompanied by a new, more colourful label on the bottles, which unfortunately, looks cheap.

To end on an amusing note, I can't think of Anais Anais, without remembering a story which always makes me chuckle: many years one of my friends worked in the perfumery of a department store; one day a young man came to her counter, and asked for a bottle of his wife's favourite perfume, "Anus Anus"!
10th April, 2018

Balmain de Balmain by Pierre Balmain

A very pleasant, but unfortunately a very undistinguished fragrance - especially from a house like Balmain. Balmain de Balmain reminds me slightly of YSL's Y (the original ladies Y, not the new Y for men), with added blackcurrant notes. The pure perfume is notably richer than the edt. Very pleasant, but sadly nothing special
05th April, 2018

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I don't dislike M7; it has a mixture of vanilla and berry-type fruity notes, against a spicy background. It actually reminds me of a spicier, heavier version of Patou's Ma Liberte. However, M7 is one of those fragrances that I am very aware of every time I breathe in, which I really find too much (and I enjoy heavy fragrances). Therefore, I have to give this a neutral: I like the fragrance, but find it too heavy and clinging.
31st March, 2018

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I loved Angel when it was brand new: I had never smelled anything like this sweet, fruity, caramel and chocolate creation! It was such a refreshing change from all the ozonic fragrances of the time, which followed the popularity of L'Eau D'Issey and Escape. After wearing it for about a year, I tired of it, and haven't worn it again until recently, when I suddenly decided to buy another bottle. Initially, I thought my new bottle of Angel smelled as it always did, but the more I have worn it, I have realised this fragrance has drastically reformulated. Though it is unmistakably Angel, it is not as sweet as it used to be, and the fruity notes seem more muted: the fragrance is heavier than it was, and now places far more emphasis on damp smelling patchouli and dark chocolate notes than the sugary chocolate-caramel of the original formulation (this damp patchouli and dark chocolate combination was taken to extremes in Givenchy's Very Irresistible For Men, which I always thought smelled like damp A*Men). This new formulation is unfortunately very inferior to the original! The bath and body products have clearly been reformulated too: they used to smell exactly like Angel Eau de Parfum, but now smell of heavy patchouli and fruity notes. The body creme was a particularly lovely product (originally in an elegant glass jar); even though it is still beautiful quality, it now has an overpoweringly strong fruit and patchouli scent, which I find very sickly (this version is sold in a rather over the top plastic "flying saucer" jar).
My thumbs down is for the current version of Angel; the original would definitely have got a thumbs up. I have, however discovered that Angel Etoile Des Reves, smells almost identical to Angel's original formulation, and is, for my tastes, far preferable the one available now.
22nd March, 2018

Angel Etoile des Rêves by Thierry Mugler

Angel Etoile des Reves smells exactly as Angel did when it was brand new: lighter, sweeter and nothing like the pungent current reformulation of Angel, which is dominated by damp smelling patchouli and dark chocolate. Definitely worth trying/buying if you prefer Angel as it was originally.
22nd March, 2018

Ivoire (original) by Pierre Balmain

In the 1980s, my Mum bought the Harrods Christmas Magazine every year; there was always an advert for Ivoire in it, and it was one of the small selection of fragrances for mail order several years running. From the description in the magazines, my Mum loved the sound of Ivoire, and very much wanted to try it (I have to admit, I didn't think it looked or sounded particularly exciting, and couldn't see why my Mum was attracted to it!). Sadly, there weren't any Balmain stockists in the area we lived. Several years after Mum first saw Ivoire advertised, I was very unexpectedly given a free sample of the pure perfume when I bought something in a small, privately owned perfume shop (I hadn't even realised they sold Balmain). When I returned home, Mum was thrilled with the sample, and couldn't wait to try it: however, she absolutely hated Ivoire! She gave me back the sample, and I wore it several times; each time, I liked it more and more! By the time I had finished the sample, it had, very unexpectedly, become one of my favourite fragrances ever (all the more surprising, as I was very much into heavy oriental fragrances, such as Opium at the time; Ivoire's clean, slightly green, subtly spicy, soapy notes not being my type of thing at all!). Over the years, I was to purchase many bottles of Ivoire; sometimes having a break from it for a few years, but always loving returning to it (in contrast, my Mum never liked it, despite having fancied it so much).

A flanker, Eau d'Ivoire was released at one time, but I never got round to trying it - I don't know if it was anything like Ivoire, or simply shared a name.

I was so disappointed when Ivoire was discontinued - it was like losing an old friend; though maybe I should have realised the end was coming, as it started appearing in cut price perfume shops, drastically reduced. However, I have recently, and very unexpectedly, re-found Ivoire, in the form of Estee Lauder's Private Collection: I had never been a fan of Estee Lauder from the few fragrances I had tried, and had never attempted trying more. Private Collection is slightly greener than Ivoire (in fact, for the first hour it is on my skin, it smells exactly like Irish Spring soap!), but once it settles, it is very similar - so much so, it is like I have refound the old friend I thought I had lost forever!

I can't bring myself to try the new Ivoire, as from all I have read, the name is the only thing to link it with the original, and I am not overly fond of other Balmain fragrances - particularly the newer ones.
21st March, 2018

Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

In the 1980s I would have described heavy oriental fragrances, particularly Opium pure perfume, as my favourites. Since then my tastes have changed in favour of chypre and floral fragrances. However, recently I have fancied revisiting Opium, but have found many online reviews which refer to its recent, and apparently very inferior reformulation very offputting, and also the pure perfume seems to have been discontinued. Therefore, I have bought Youth Dew (which I had never tried, but had seen described as similar to Opium many times), in the Bath Oil strength, as I read on the Estee Lauder site that it can be worn as a pure perfume strength skin fragrance, as well as being used in the bath. I'm wearing it for the first time today and I have to say, I'm thrilled with it: I'd describe Youth Dew as somewhere between the original formulation of Opium and Cinnabar: a little sweeter, lighter, and a little less pungently spicy than Opium, but heavier and definitely not nearly as sweet as Cinnabar, which I have always found rather sickly. Very impressed, especially as I have never been an Estee Lauder fan. The body cream is next on my list.
21st March, 2018

Les Exceptions : Oriental Express by Thierry Mugler

I bought Oriental Express blind, and sadly wish I hadn't. On me, this fragrance is exactly like a somewhat modernised version of Vol de Nuit. I don't actually dislike this soft, powdery perfume, but it definitely does not smell original (despite some of its novel sounding ingredients); it's longevity is very poor (less than an hour) and sillage is virtually non existent. It might react very differently on other people, but for me, it was a complete waste of money.
13th March, 2018

Private Collection by Estée Lauder

A very pleasant fresh-green fragrance. For the first hour or so I wear Private Collection it smells exactly like Irish Spring soap, but eventually becomes a greener version of the original Ivoire
07th March, 2018

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

My partner has recently started wearing A*Men Pure Havane, and I'm very surprised how different it is from original A*Men and its other flankers. This is very soft and powdery, and not nearly as powerful as I was expecting; tobacco notes aren't really in evidence. I always think of original A*Men as being a variation on Angel, but when my partner wears Pure Havane, the sillage is almost identical to Alien. Unfortunately, this fragrance isn't nearly as long lasting as the other variations of A*Men, and after an hour or so it has virtually disappeared on him.
05th March, 2018

Coco Noir by Chanel

I'm trying Coco Noir for the first time today, and am sadly finding it very disappointing, like every other Jacques Polge fragrance I have tried.

Coco Noir, on my skin, is like a mixture of original Coco and Mugler's discontinued Eau de Star: the oriental notes of Coco mix with the heavy patchouli of Eau de Star, along with a heavy dose of orange blossom. The overall result is more individual than the majority of vanilla-patchouli-white musk fragrances that are so common today, but I'm afraid Coco Noir is still very sickly and completely throwaway.
09th December, 2017

Kashkha by Swiss Arabian Perfumery

I'd fancied trying Kashkha for a long time, and was recently thrilled to find 3ml decants of the pure perfume oil online. My decant arrived this morning, and so far, I really don't know what to make of this fragrance: straight out of the bottle, it smells like nasty, aggressive apple shampoo. On my skin, it softened very quickly and some lovely chypre notes appeared, which reminded me of some of the older Dior fragrances. The apple notes were still in evidence, but far less aggressive and shampoo-ish.

On this single wearing, I think Kashkha is probably suited to spring or early autumn; it was 0C here today when I wore it, and I probably didn't get the best from this fragrance. I'm going to keep my decant until spring, and try it again then. I'll update my review when I have; until then it gets a neutral.
30th November, 2017

Innocent by Thierry Mugler

Innocent is very much what you'd expect a perfume originally called Angel Innocent to be: a softer, sweeter version of Angel. Innocent replaces Angel's dark chocolate, patchouli and berry notes with sweeter notes of sugared almonds and meringue; but it's still very recognisable as Angel. There were some lovely bath products in the Innocent range, including a spray body moisturising mousse and a gorgeous dusting powder.

I'm not sure if Innocent is still in production: it's disappeared from the shops, and even though it's still on the Mugler online store, the link leads to an error message (as it does with the definitely discontinued Womanity).
19th October, 2017

Angel Eau de Toilette by Thierry Mugler

I recently received a sample of Angel Eau De Toilette from the Mugler website, and wore it for the first (and last) time yesterday: I was expecting this to be a less powerful version of the original Angel Eau De Parfum (which I love), but found it to be a different fragrance altogether.

I'm afraid I found this to be a mixture of rather sickly, powdery notes, which reminded me of the perfumed sweets (Parma Violets and Cachous) we had when we were kids, against a background of chocolate notes, more reminiscent of A*Men than Angel.

Very disappointing, though it might be quite different on someone else. Angel Eau De Toilette reminds me very much of "Classic" by Al Rehab (though Classic does not have the sickly quality), which costs around £2.50 for 6ml of pure perfume oil, on sites such as EBay.

Luckily, this sickly fragrance does not share the longevity of the Eau De Parfum (which can easily last 24 hours, and two showers!), and after three hours was fading noticeably. It had, thankfully, virtually disappeared after about five hours.
25th September, 2017

Alien Oud Majestueux by Thierry Mugler

I bought my bottle of Alien Oud Majestueux a few months ago, and have been saving it for the cold weather: as autumn is definitely here, I'm wearing it for the first time today. Sadly, I'm not enjoying this fragrance as much as I was expecting: I love oud, and have worn Middle Eastern oud fragrances, such as Oud Cambodi by Ajyad, and Oud Al Amarat by Anfar, as well as the various Raghba perfumes for many years; I also love the various Alien fragrances (the original Eau de Parfum, Essence Absolue and Eau Extraordinaire).

The oud notes in Alien Oud Majestueux are very authentic, but so far, I'm really not sure they work well with Alien. I've been wearing the fragrance for approximately four hours, and the oud has not blended at all with the Alien; I can smell both as two separate fragrances, rather than blending together. Unfortunately, I feel the oud and Alien are detracting from, rather than enhancing each other. The oud takes away a lot of Alien's sweetness, which might well work for many people, if you find Alien too sweet.

I have to give this fragrance a thumbs up, as I don't actually dislike it; it just doesn't work as well as I was expecting (this could be just the way it reacts on my skin). For me, oud works better in one of the Middle Eastern fragrances, rather than pairing it with another existing fragrance, as in Oud Majestueux. I'll enjoy wearing this bottle, but I will stick to other varieties of Alien in future. (I had been intending to buy a bottle of Alien Musc Mysterieux soon, but I will now definitely want to try it first).

To add a final thought (not necessarily in relation to Alien Oud Majestueux): oud is currently one of the in notes in western perfume; to add the name oud to a fragrance, also seems to add to the price (often drastically so). I don't understand this, as oud has been a staple ingredient of Middle Eastern perfumes for a very long time, and genuine oud fragrances (such as the ones I've mentioned) are typically very reasonably priced.
21st September, 2017

Les Exceptions : Chyprissime by Thierry Mugler

Chyprissime is the first of Les Exceptions that I've tried, after receiving a sample from the Mugler website. I was expecting great things of this as I love chypre fragrances (particularly some of the older Dior fragrances, such as the original Miss Dior and Diorling), but I'm afraid Chyprissime is not my type of perfume at all:

As I sprayed it from the sample bottle, all I could smell was overpowering metallic liquorice; I could smell nothing else at all for a few minutes, after which some lovely chypre appeared, which reminded me very much of Monsieur Balmain without the citrus; this was joined shortly after by some tangy gingery oriental notes, very much like the original (1986) Gianni Versace L'Homme. This would have been an unusual and very nice combination but the ghastly metallic liquorice overpowered and completely ruined the fragrance. After wearing Chyprissime for about two hours, it briefly seemed to soften: the liquorice got fainter, and a hint of typically Mugler chocolaty notes appeared briefly. Now, unfortunately, the liquorice is back with a vengeance. I'll be showering shortly to try and wash as much of this nasty, loud and brash fragrance off as possible!

I really didn't get any of the notes Chyprissime is supposed to have (such as the bergamot, orange, oakmoss); for me it was a mixture of lovely old fashioned chypre and tangy oriental ginger notes, completely overpowered by horrible, metallic liquorice. Such as a disappointment.

I also have a sample of Supra Floral from Les Exceptions, but that's going to have to wait a few days - I need to wear something I know I like after wearing this nasty fragrance today! I can't help feeling that several brands have rushed out their exclusive collections, and have gone for quantity over quality - I'm so hoping that Mugler hasn't fallen into the same trap, and that Chyprissime isn't going to be typical.

I had to add this: I've just discovered from the Mugler site that Olivier Polge is the creator of Les Exceptions, so I'm now not at all surprised I don't like Chyprissime. I've disliked every fragrance (with the exception of No18) that Jacques and Olivier Polge have created for Chanel - now I hold virtually no hope of liking any of Mugler's Les Exceptions, which is such a pity as I'm very fond of most of their regular lines.

Update: I gave the remainder of my sample of Chyprissime to a friend, as I couldn't face trying it again. I have to say, it is a different fragrance altogether, and it becomes a very distinguished spicy patchouli-chypre scent - completely void of licorice - on my friend. So, like Womanity, I think this particular Mugler reacts very strangely on my skin. I would still recommend not buying Chyprissime blind, and risk getting the same dreadful metallic licorice fragrance that it was on me.
19th September, 2017 (last edited: 19th October, 2017)

Womanity by Thierry Mugler

I am wearing Womanity for the first and last time today. I've recently got back into Mugler perfumes, after being put off them by Eau de Star, which I found utterly cloying and synthetic. I'm enjoying the other Muglers so much, I bought a bottle of Womanity online, without having smelled it, after reading it was discontinued. I can honestly say this is the oddest perfume I have ever smelled; I don't know if it behaves particularly oddly on my skin, but all I get is ozonic parsley notes, with the slightest hint of wood. I couldn't smell anything in common with other Mugler fragrances at all.

I could imagine this as a rather eccentric room fragrance, pot pourri refresher oil, even as a rather odd Yankee Candle fragrance (with a name like Ocean Parsley), but not as a perfume! I really wish I'd spent the money on a bottle of Angel Muse instead. If this is how Womanity typically smells, I'm not surprised it has been discontinued, though I'm actually more surprised it was ever put into production at all!

Update: after writing my review of Womanity, I feel it is only fair to add that I have realised that I love how it smells in the bottle; also when I wore it, some had sprayed onto my clothes, and I also loved it there. I have, therefore, come to the conclusion that Womanity behaves very oddly on my skin, and it isn't quite such a peculiar fragrance as I originally thought.
10th September, 2017 (last edited: 17th September, 2017)

Mon Paris by Yves Saint Laurent

I tried Mon Paris for the first time today, and have mixed feelings about it. It is not in any way an unpleasant perfume, but on my skin it smells like a cheap copy of Alien. It is more floral than Alien and far more synthetic. After a few hours, white musky vanilla (of the type found in Black Opium, Mon Guerlain, and MANY other modern fragrances) is all that's left; this did last all day, though.

I don't dislike it, but it strikes me as just another modern white musk, floral and vanilla perfume; the sort you'd smell on someone, and it could be any one of a huge number of contemporary fragrances. It doesn't remind me of the original Paris at all. Sadly, the days of YSL making distinctive and distinguished fragrances seem to be over, as with so many other houses.
06th September, 2017

Aura by Thierry Mugler

I have only recently started enjoying Mugler perfumes again: I loved Angel and Alien when they were new, but I'm afraid I found Eau de Star so nasty, it put me off everything by the house.

I recently bought a bottle of Aura from the Mugler site (without having smelled it first), and wore it for the first time today - I honestly had no idea what it was going to be like. If I hadn't known what I was trying, my first thoughts would have been that this was a new soft and subtle variation of Alien: they share the same milky-vanilla background, but Alien's jasmine is replaced with a complex mixture of exotic/tropical flowers and woody notes (too complex for me identify individual notes). Gradually, over the next hour, some exotic floral notes appeared, before everything settled into a very beautiful and very well balanced milky-vanilla floral. The similarity to Alien became less the longer Aura was on my skin; however, a they definitely share similar background notes. On my skin there is absolutely no similarity with Angel (or, thank goodness, the dreaded Eau de Star).

Far more subtle than Alien, and with none of its aggression, but Aura definitely shares many of its background notes. Probably the most subtle and mellow Mugler fragrance so far; nevertheless, the very small amount I used is still going strong ten hours later. Not nearly as sweet or syrupy as either Angel or Alien.
31st August, 2017

The Swan Princess by The Vagabond Prince

Swan Princess, like all the other Vagabond Prince fragrances is certainly unusual, and very beautiful. It is a very soft and powdery floral fragrance, which reminds me very much of Ombre Rose minus the aldehydes (despite aldehyde being listed in the manufactures pyramid - which, incidentally is quite different to the one listed here).

Good sillage and lasting power. I'd definitely recommend seeking this, along with all the other Vagabond Prince fragrances out.
23rd August, 2017