Reviews by Joeyjoey70

Azzaro pour Homme Night Time by Azzaro

Pepper, Vetiver and Cedar. That's the entire scent from start to finish. Not bad but nothing special. Could be used as a nice office scent or in casual settings IMO. Overall for the price I would say it's a safe blind buy. Enjoy!
20th April, 2017

A*Men: Les Parfums de Cuir / Pure Leather by Thierry Mugler

If you are a fan of the original (which I was... but no longer) then this is right up your alley. I find this to be just a slight detour from the original from start to finish. I give it a thumbs up due to the quality of the leather that does offset the off putting tarish quality of AMen to my nose. I got this for a surprising price so I find this to be a winner. Too bad it is no longer fall/winter here in the US or I would rock this today. Try before you buy (You may find this a redundant buy if you already have original AMen). Otherwise.... Enjoy!
20th April, 2017

Méchant Loup by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I would say this does take awhile to enjoy. The licorice and honey come to the fore in a nice blend, neither of which are stronger than the other. Not a huge fan of licorice. That being said this is very enjoyable. As the combination heads towards the middle ground, the cedar and hazelnut come through. I do get a slight sandalwood vibe in the dry down. Overall a great scent. I would say try before you buy... just to be sure this is up your alley. Otherwise.... Enjoy!

Additional info... Once you hit the complete dry down I find it very similar to Lalique Hommage a l'homme Voyageur. Weird considering the notes aren't close to the same. Either way still enjoyable.
12th April, 2017

Tobacco Collection Intense Dark Exclusive by Zara

This being my first Zara purchase and being a huge fan of tobacco scents I find this enjoyable enough. IMO this does have a slight Aramis vibe. It's a mix of Tobacco, shower gel and in the background Aramis New West. This would be a nice office scent or casual/weekend scent. Starts of strong and so far seems a bit linear. I do not think anyone would find this offensive. For the price ($32.50 US) I would say this is a blind buy if you enjoy soapy tobacco scents. Enjoy!
10th April, 2017

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi

I recently purchased this and Nabeel Arab Tradition (which is not on this website for review) as Tuscan Leather alternatives (due to the price of TL). As I have never smelled Tuscan Leather this review will be based strictly on the scents own merits. I would say that overall I do like La Yuquwam. It is masculine and does smell natural for the most part. I wouldn't call the opening "harsh" or "a challenge"... just a little strong on initial spray. Settles down nicely into a great sweet "berry", incense and leathery scent. I don't get much of a change from open to dry down. I do get more berry/incense combo than leather for sure. I find the first few minutes that the berry/incense combo is similar to walking into a cigar shop. Overall for $52 US I would say this is a winner but try before you buy... especially if you are looking for a Tuscan Leather alternative. Enjoy!
04th April, 2017

Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi

WOW! Just WOW! Headache inducing... YES! Strong scent that is overwhelming to say the least. It's like walking into a home store just slammed with incense and candles. Smells very similar to Ralph Lauren Supreme Oud to my nose... just kicked up about 100% in strength. One spray will do you for sure... if you are into this type of scent. This leans towards the feminine side IMO. The scent itself starts with a powdery tobacco and oud combination with hints rose, smoke and lots of incense. It does have a good amount of sweetness in it as well which gives it a "candy" vibe. This is just too much for me to take. The scent just comes at you from all sides and doesn't stop. IMO try before you buy.... Or better yet AVOID! WOW!
21st February, 2017

Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès

To my nose this is a much less concentrated version of Fendi Theorema Uomo. Almost the exact same zesty opening with a nice musky dry down. The difference is longevity. Voyage d' Hermes an hour... Theorema several hours. For a layering scent this would be nice in the spring and summer. Disappointed to say the least...

Upon Further review.... I would say it's closer to Mugler Cologne than say Fendi Theorema. I do like it but the longevity is disappointing... but maybe that's the point... short lived enjoyment lol.
07th February, 2017 (last edited: 09th February, 2017)

Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

Old school spicy citrus combo that does smell dated or "mature" if you will. I find that this leans slightly more masculine with the opening combination and the leather accord. Not sure what spices are in here... cinnamon? cumin? cardamom? For as "moist" as Bel Ami Vetiver smells this is a bit dry IMO. I do like it and will adjust my review after a few more wearings. Enjoy!
06th February, 2017

Cologne Intense by Houbigant

Off the previous reviews I would say the first 15 to 30 minutes of this scent is a CHALLENGE. I wouldn't say it smells of BO or vomit... more fecal IMO. After the 30 minutes is up... Jack Hunter's description is dead on. It's herbal, citrus and floral. This is not for the faint of heart in the least. It is a dense green herbal with hints of citrus and floral's, with my experience. This for sure is a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! I will say an hour in and it's not bad just don't think it is my cup of tea.
03rd February, 2017 (last edited: 13th February, 2017)

Fougère Royale by Houbigant

I find this to be a very well made scent for all occasions. I also feel this is a Vivaldi (4 seasons) scent. It's a nice mix of citrus and florals that extend into the 2 to 3 hour projection range. As it gets closer to the dry down I find it to be more of a skin scent. Here and there I get a familiar smell... like I have this in my collection already... but then it's gone. It does have some depth within the first 3 hours as well. I find this to be well worth the price. Enjoy!
03rd February, 2017

Duc de Vervins by Houbigant

I really like this scent. It has hints of other fragrances such as drakkar noir and a little GIT. It is more of a mature scent and smells of quality. Lasts 7 hours plus on me. Classic power house start with a nice smooth dry down. Nice office or casual scent. Try before you buy. Enjoy!
01st February, 2017

Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums

Ok. I am the first thumbs down? Really? Ok. I get lipstick and a slightly stinky powdery note. Turns into a rather floral scent. I get a soapy vibe about an hour in. This is in no way a unisex fragrance. IMO this is a women's fragrance from start to finish. I swear my grandmother wore something that smelled like this. Be warned.... Try before you buy.
31st January, 2017

This Is Not A Blue Bottle by Histoires de Parfums

So far so good. I do like this scent more than I thought I would. Aldehyde and slightly bitter orange zest to start. I do get some geranium rather quickly on my skin with no notice of honey in the least. The dry down is rather fleeting mix of musk and maybe some ambery notes... over all I like it. For the price TRY BEFORE YOU BUY lol. Enjoy!
31st January, 2017

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

This may not be to everyone's liking (especially reading the reviews here) but I find this scent to be extremely pleasing to wear. Starts off with a classic citrus herbal mix of lemon grapefruit and basil. I start to find hints of tobacco and pepper as it drys to a vetiver, amber and cedar finish. Overall I like this scent very much. Of course I wish the longevity and projection were more. If you can find it for a nice price then go for it. Enjoy!
26th January, 2017

1725 Casanova by Histoires de Parfums

Nice sweet fragrance with a light citrus start blends well into the dry down of sweet vanilla, cedar and amber to my nose. This is more along the lines of a Winter, Spring and Fall juice. Not sure how it would perform in the really hot months of the Summer. I like it but find it similar to Opium Pour Homme EDT in some respects and to Armand Basi In Blue. Also, this does have the "perfumy" essence that I do not like. For the price I would sample before you buy (like myself). Enjoy!
24th January, 2017

1740 Marquis de Sade by Histoires de Parfums

Well this is very disappointing... smells mature, slightly sweet and to my nose dare I say synthetic... I get a lot of sandalwood with hints of tobacco and leather. The sandalwood is to my nose over the top. Kills the scent for me. I can see why people, who are fans of sandalwood, would like this. It just isn't for me.
24th January, 2017

Replica By the Fireplace by Martin Margiela

Sweet and smokey... so far so good... then well its sweet (vanilla sweet) and smokey. Not sure if it's "fireplace" smokey but it is smokey. It does smell nice but it's been done before and is very linear. A neutral but the rating could be adjusted after a few more wearings.

Additional review.
After an additional wearing I have adjusted this to a thumbs up. It is gourmandish for sure. Not as sweet as I originally thought and the vanilla isn't as harsh the 2nd time around. It has been done before for sure but I like it. Try before you buy due to redundancy and price. Enjoy!
23rd January, 2017 (last edited: 07th February, 2017)

Whatever It Takes Daniel Craig by Whatever it Takes

This is an extremely "clean smelling scent" which is not surprising considering the top notes of Cardamon, Grapefruit, Pink Pepper and Tarragon. The middle notes are Frankincense, Orange Blossom, Nutmeg and Geranium. The base is Moss, Vetiver, Patchouli and Sandalwood. This doesn't seem to be the tarragon of say a liquorish hint but more of a traditional tarragon. I don't get much grapefruit and no pink pepper that I can detect. In addition to the clean smell I get a TON of incense with a little geranium. The dry down is mostly sandalwood and the frankincense mingling. Overall this is not as good as the George Clooney scent but for a SUPER CLEAN strong scent this is nice. For 20 dollars US I would say it is a bargain.
23rd January, 2017

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

From start to finish I love this scent (my wife on the other hand HATES IT). Any who some scents I wear for my personal enjoyment. As for the scent... it is a stunner. Strong at the start with gourmandish spices and a sweet honey like tobacco... the middle is also an amazing mix of vanilla and tobacco with a hint of tonka and cocoa to my nose. The dry down of woods with lingering vanilla and tobacco is simply amazing. A scent that will remain in my collection for as long as it's made (even if the price is slightly prohibitive). Enjoy!
17th January, 2017

Whatever It Takes George Clooney by Whatever it Takes

For the price point and quality this is an EASY blind buy for sure. Well blended from start to finish with decent longevity and average projection. Nice peppery nutmeg start and skin scent dry down of woods and some sweetness. For less than 25 dollars for a 100 ml I can't see why this wouldn't be a clear winner. Enjoy!
13th January, 2017

Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermès

Is this a nice quality scent? Yes. Is it the end all be all scent? No. That's the issue I have with this juice. I suppose I expected to much. The longevity and projection IMO are lacking. I find that it does smell of quality construction just doesn't have enough umph to get it over the top. For a leather scent, it is nice... if you can find it in your price range, then go for it. Enjoy!

Update: After a few more wearings I would say this is an exceptional leathery scent. Longevity is in the 6 to 7 hour range for me with 2 sprays. FULL BOTTLE WORTHY!
12th January, 2017 (last edited: 06th February, 2017)

Passion Boisée by Frapin

My first bottle of Frapin and... well... it's nothing new IMO. It's almost identical to LaCoste Essential. I mean 90%+ LaCoste. That being said I feel it is much better than LaCoste Essential so it earns a neutral IMO. Glad I didn't pay full price for this.

Scilly Neroli by Atkinsons

Not bad and not original. The longevity is ok with no projection. It smells 85 to 90 % like Kenneth Cole Signature on my skin. It gets a neutral due to it not being bad just nothing new. At least I got it for a great price on Ebay ($35 US).

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

This gets a slight thumbs up due to the weak projection and longevity (EDT version). Other than that this is a nice masculine scent, blended well with a slight spicy edge and some sweetness. IMO this will be a good layering scent to add spice to some that are a little too sweet. Worth the price. Enjoy!

Jasmine in Tangerine by Atkinsons

Well this isn't anything like I thought it would be. Leans way towards the feminine spectrum and IMO is not unisex at all. My wife loves it so this is now part of her collection. As far as the scent... It's floral And very light. I don't get much in longevity nor projection.

Fève Délicieuse by Christian Dior

I was hoping for something more gourmandish than this. It is foremost, to my nose, a powder bomb of sweetness. Thankfully this is not headache inducing (as of yet), but just seems a bit over down towards the feminine powdery side of things. On paper it honestly smells like (and I am not kidding in the least) a clean baby with a new diaper and baby powder all wrapped in one. On skin it is over the top never ending sweet powder. For the price I would TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! I got a decant, of an ounce, for a nice price (thanks Dave from the FragranceBros). After further review I find this to be a muskless version of L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis.
14th December, 2016

Armand Basi Homme by Armand Basi

Overall a nice scent that leaves the wearer wanting more longevity and projection. The scent is nice enough but nothing different for the orientals that were put on in the late 90's early 2000's. I would say for the price it would be nice for a casual weekend scent or for layering but other than that would be pointless due to the other options that perform much better.
13th December, 2016

Eau d'Orange Verte by Hermès

A nice dominant orange open with a nice quality oakmoss/patchouli drydown. Top notch from the house of Hermes. I find the orange to be a little tart in the opening due to the lemon which IMO gives it WAY more character. Decent longevity and projection in the warmer days and nights than your typical Eau de Cologne. A winner in every respect. Enjoy!
06th December, 2016

Paul Smith Extreme Men by Paul Smith

A nice blend of citrus and spice that quickly turns into a nice barbershop scent on my skin. Lasts in the 4 hour range with limited projection after 60 t0 90 minutes. The opening does smell rather zesty and as it drys the juice becomes enjoyable with wafts of geranium sandalwood and musk. For the price it is a nice weekend or casual scent or something for the office. Enjoy!
06th December, 2016

Vetiver Extreme by Guerlain

Although I have not experienced the original this is an exceptional fragrance. As far as comparisons this is a smoother vetiver than say Encre Noire for sure. I do like this a tad bit more than Encre and would say this is a smoother scent and is overall well rounded from start to finish. For the price and quality it is a blind buy for any fan of vetiver. Enjoy!
30th November, 2016