Reviews by Joeyjoey70

Egypt by Eight & Bob

Sweet and slightly spicy fragrance that is more masculine IMO. Starts off nice citrus and lavender. Very clean to my nose. Turns sweet and spicy within minutes. Very enjoyable into the dry down which for me is mostly leather. A winner and my first from the house... Enjoy!
19th March, 2018

Hemlock by Parfums Quartana

Well this is different. Not sure if this will get a neutral or thumbs up yet... First off this is for sure 100% warm vinyl records. Dang is it strong. Sloooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyyy other notes start to pop up here and there... florals and sweetness... leathery notes... patchouli... it's not so much a fragrance but an experience. For those who had or have vinyl records you will have a complete connection... Flash backs as a kid getting into my parents records... getting my first KISS Alive II vinyl when I was 7 years old... Just not sure I would wear this or when or to where... Vinyl record convention? Going with neutral but I think I like it... TRY BEFORE YOU BUY....
12th March, 2018

Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi

A fragrance that starts awesome and ends with a meh... I like it... especially for the first two hours... to me the dry down is the usual contemporary patchouli, cedar, musk and tobacco. Don't get me wrong, the ingredients are top notch with out question IMO. I really like the star anise, galbanum and frankincense opening.. the middle is cinnamon, thyme and pepper. Overall a solid 4 out of 5... TRY BEFORE YOU BUY... the stuff is steep at least for myself. Otherwise... ENJOY!
12th March, 2018

El Born by Carner Barcelona

This is a fantastic gourmand from start to finish. Nice citrus, vanilla, benzoin and some honey. Amazing quality as well. Projection and sillage above average on my skin. For this price get a sample and see if it works with your chemistry. Awesome juice... Enjoy!
26th February, 2018

Herod by Parfums de Marly

Initial thoughts... wow this smells like Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford... at least in the start. The Cypriol in this juice takes it in a different direction overall compared to TV. Overall I do find it to veer in a sweet direction with less tobacco and more of a musky sweet dry down. Overall I do like it and would recommend it for sure with a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY due to being similar to TV by TF. Enjoy!
30th January, 2018 (last edited: 01st February, 2018)

Bracken Man by Amouage

Well this is rather nice... Not overbearing... Nice tart start into Cypress... I get hints of the other top notes but I get Cypress the most. I get cedar as well. It's a green tree type scent. Not off putting to my nose. It's is extremely pleasing. I like this a lot. The base is cypress with cedar and musk. A winner... now for the draw back... WOW is this expensive. Get a sample or two and really give these a good wearing before you drop 200 plus on this juice. Enjoy!

Addt Info

Four hours in and it seems this has the same drydown as Fougère Royale by Houbigant. Very similar to my nose. I do like both of these with the FR by Houbigant being the better deal dollar wise.
18th January, 2018

Dark Knight by Alexandria Fragrances

This is a nice juice that starts with Almonds and Chocolate and drys into a slightly coffee / rum base with chocolate and almonds hanging around... I find this is a be a nice scent from start to finish with decent longevity and limited projection. Overall a nice juice... Try before you buy though.. Enjoy!
15th January, 2018

Alexandria’s 007 by Alexandria Fragrances

To me it smells like Muglers AMen. If you like Amen then this is for you. It is almost identical. Longevity isn't as beastly as Amen but good 6 to 7 hours. Overall it's nice just don't like Amen lol
14th January, 2018

Interplay by Alexandria Fragrances

I understand this is an interpretation of Baccart Rouge 540 by MFK. That being said, I have not sampled BR540 so I can not compare, to my nose this is a nice sweet scent that starts of rather... poopish lol. I know that this does contain Ambergris and to my nose it smells like LEGIT Ambergris... it's rather sea salt or sea water and poop smell... honestly it is terrible... but after 45 minutes it disappears and leaves a very nice skin scent of sweet cotton candy vibe. Overall it's a slight thumbs up. Glad I got a sample. Try before you buy unless you are a BR 540 fan.
11th January, 2018 (last edited: 14th January, 2018)

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums

I can give this a neutral based on the fact this juice isn't bad... it is what it is... A mix of thyme and nutmeg and it is strong from the start... turns into a warm sweet mix with a slight wood note here and there... overall neutral due to being just a bit off... I just can't put my finger on it... A try before you buy.

1899 Ernest Hemingway by Histoires de Parfums

A sweeter slightly creamier version of a few scents out there (Spicebomb anyone?). It's not bad just been done before and I was hoping for something a little better overall. It's not bad just eh citrus spicy and sweet with not a hint of vetiver...this is a try before you buy.

1828 by Histoires de Parfums

A tart citrus start into a spicy peppery dry down and is off putting to my nose. I usually like the cedar / vetiver combo but not here. Not a fan of the incense used here either... overall this is a avoid for sure.

I Love New York for Fathers by Bond No. 9

I find this to be a very standard (if you will) men's scent that would work in casual and work situations but other wise is a pass (mostly due to pricing). For over 100 US 50ml and close to 200 US for 100ml bottle this is a men's skin scent. No longevity and limited projection. It's not bad just over priced for what you get. Modern aromatic for the spring and summer.

Valley of the Kings by Alexandria Fragrances

This is a very nice quality juice that gets a solid thumbs up especially if you like Richwood by Xerjoff but not the price. The scent is a slightly tart citrus floral to my nose with a healthy dose of lemon and rose which turns into a subtle skin scent of sandalwood and musk. Overall a solid juice. Enjoy!

Wasted Moment by Alexandria Fragrances

This has a remarkable resemblance to Killian's Apple Brandy. WOW is this an amazing juice. Apple, Vanilla and a quality Boozy note. Great longevity and projection. I wish I would have purchased the two ounce bottle instead of one ounce. Top notch all the way. Enjoy!!!
10th January, 2018 (last edited: 01st February, 2018)

Arabian Forest by Alexandria Fragrances

Having never experienced Creed's Spice and Wood I would say this does have a Creed vibe to my nose (similar to Royal Oud which I own). Not saying this is like Royal Oud just that I know what the Creed vibe would smell like. This is fresh, spicy, and woody with excellent longevity and decent projection. This is an excellent fragrance from start to finish and for the price this juice is a must have. Enjoy!
10th January, 2018

King Tut by Alexandria Fragrances

This is a top notch fragrance in it's own right IMO. Having not put my nose on the inspiration for this fragrance (Roja Creation E) I do get a nice cola vibe similar to YSL M7 Oud Absolu. From this scent I get Geranium, Lemon, Cognac, Patchouli, Tobacco and Vanilla. A winner of a scent. Great longevity (8 hours) and projection (4 hours). Worthy of a full bottle especially if you like Creation E but not the price. Enjoy!
21st December, 2017

Cuiron by Helmut Lang

This is a light suede citrus scent with 4 hours of longevity and maybe 1 hour of projection before turning to a skin scent. The dry down overall is a very basic men's fragrance. Overall I give this a neutral due the juice being nice it just doesn't last very long. Nice for the office or casual wear due to not being offensive to my nose. Try before you buy due to pricing...
21st December, 2017

Agar by Alexandria Fragrances

I purchased several samples from the house of Alexandria Fragrances. So far, this is by far the best from start to finish. It is a nice Oud fragrance with hints of sandalwood, cardamom, birch tar and patchouli mixed with some sweetness. Absolutely amazing juice. Longevity is nice with projection lasting about 3 hours. For the price and quality a with a nice sample pack (7 samples of 5 ml's each, total $50 US for all 7) this is a house worth checking out, in my opinion. Enjoy!

Today (1/16/18) I am wearing this juice and to my nose it hits me (although this is a dupe/clone of Tom Ford Oud Wood) I am getting Sauvage by Dior... either way I still like it.

Today (2/6/18) purchased a 2 oz bottle of this amazing juice. Quality products and great pricing.
19th December, 2017 (last edited: 06th February, 2018)

Aromatic Conflict by Alexandria Fragrances

Being that this is a clone/copy of the original Interlude Man by Amouage which I have had several decants and samples of I will say this is absolutely amazing. Very close to it's inspiration for sure. Worth a full 30 or 60 ml bottle for sure. Great longevity and projection. Try before you buy of course. Enjoy!
14th December, 2017

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I had this in the 1990's. Nice for the time but it just didn't do it for me. I don't believe it smells dated just not my cup of tea. It's strong from the start and the fuel smell is a non starter for me. I do like the woody dry down but the opening is just a terrible experience for me. Overall neutral.
13th December, 2017

A*Men Kryptomint by Thierry Mugler

A minty version of the original IMO. Nice longevity and projection. Would work well in most settings and seasons. Overall a thumbs up but enough with the flankers already lol.
12th December, 2017

Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme

Had this a few years back... A green clean office or casual scent that I found rather meh.
27th November, 2017

Halston Man by Halston

Nice mix of sweet fruit and citrus with cardamom, labdanum and musk. Similar to Lauren Safari or Polo Original. For the price it's worth a try. Enjoy!
05th November, 2017

Emporio Armani Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani

Typical over priced product IMO. For a EDT this is STRONG which lends to my dislike of this juice. I don't mind strong scents but it was too much. Too sweet and too cheap smelling. Overall avoid
24th October, 2017

Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur

My first experience with this house and I find this to be a stunning winner. Nice for fall and winter days or nights. It has a holiday vibe for sure. I don't find it overly gourmand but it does have a bit of sweetness. Performance on me is roughly 6 hours with limited projection after the first 90 minutes. Overall a worthy blind buy IMO. Enjoy!
06th October, 2017

Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne

Not as Grand as I had hoped but nice enough for layering with other citrus juices. I give this a neutral due to longevity. It is a mix of bitter citrus to start and a soft musk woody dry down. If you can get it for a good price it's a "Safe" buy...
12th September, 2017

Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne

A slight and I mean very slight thumbs up. The juice smells very nice and clean. Perfect for spring and summer for sure. Smells similar to a very watered down GIT by Creed to my nose. My main issue... the lack of longevity and sillage. My other Atelier scents (Tobacco Nuit and Ambre Nue) have substantially better longevity and sillage. A nice juice for layering. Enjoy!
01st September, 2017

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

I really like vetiver scents... My faves are Bleu de Chanel EDP, Guerlain Vetiver and Encre Noir by Lalique... This just doesn't work for me at all... Has a hint of "old man" in it that is off putting. A try before you buy even if you find a great deal.
29th August, 2017

Eau de Mandarine Ambrée by Hermès

Great smell for 15... maybe 20 minutes then almost completely gone. I mean wow this is extremely weak... Not worth the money even at a huge discount.
29th August, 2017