Reviews by Joeyjoey70

Colonia Intensa Oud Concentrée / Colonia Oud Concentrée by Acqua di Parma

WOW! Well crafted and extremely balanced from start to finish. Great longevity and sillage. The most unique Oud fragrance I own or have tried. It has the AdP dna for sure but the juice is so much more than the usual. Nice citrus with spice with a soapy type oud and musk combination with hints of leather. Exceptional IMO. A must have. Full bottle worthy. If you find this juice in your price range grab it up. Enjoy!
18th June, 2018

Yesterday by Room 1015

WOW! Stunning juice. Slightly sweet, green and floral to my nose. I get a little apple type vibe from it as well. I do smell vetiver, basil, cardamom and sandalwood. I would say this is a true unisex. I think this is a perfect juice for spring, summer and fall. Day or night. I wouldn't pay full retail for this but a nice decant will do you. Enjoy!

In the dry down
Now that I am over 5 hours in the dry down is very similar to Davidoff The Good Life. Lots of Vetiver. Awesome juice.

Cereus Pour Homme No. 14 by Cereus

Overall a safe office or casual juice. This shouldn't offend anyone nor will it garner many compliments. I don't mind the fragrance myself but it is lacking in imagination. It is a more mature scent IMO. Similar to other frags on the market such as Armani Code. Try before you buy.

Pineapple Vintage Beyond Noir by Parfums Vintage

An amazing quality product that mirrors the smokey versions of Aventus from Creed. Great longevity and sillage. There is a nice amount of pineapple with lots of birch. I think it's great and the fans of the smokey birch version will love this as well. For the price and quality I would say this is blind buy safe but if you are hesitant get a sample... Otherwise... Enjoy!

Sauvage Eau de Parfum by Christian Dior

I find this a less abrasive version of the EDT. I really like the EDT although I have yet to buy a bottle. I find the EDP version to be much more soapy to my nose at the start. It does dry in line the with EDT about 2 hours in on my skin. I like it but not as much as the EDT. Try before you buy of course.
11th June, 2018

Napoléon 1815 by Galimard

Napoleon 1815 is a nice mix of pepper and mandarin. The middle of slight flowery rose and jasmine soften the patchouli as it dries to a sweet vetiver base. I do like it. Leans slightly feminine to my nose at the start. Overall it's a huge TRY BEFORE YOU BUY juice.
05th June, 2018

Versace pour Homme Oud Noir by Versace

I got a great deal on 50 ml's of this online and can't be more pleased with this purchase. To my nose it is slightly similar to Tuscan Leather... or maybe my nose is playing tricks on me. Either way, I really like it and would say it is full bottle worthy but try before you buy to make sure it fits you. Enjoy!
30th May, 2018 (last edited: 06th June, 2018)

Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura by Acqua di Parma

My first experience with the house and it gets a slight thumbs up. This is an uplifting spring / summer scent good for the office or casual. Great lemon opening that is very nice and not too sweet nor overbearing to my nose. It does turn to a flowery scent in the mid which gives way to a musky woody dry down. I like it but don't love it. As per usual try before you buy... otherwise Enjoy!
21st May, 2018

L'Envol by Cartier

Dry, woody and salty with a honey and musk mix that is stellar IMO. This is a nice offering from Cartier and a winner across the board. It has good longevity on my skin and I consider it a year round juice as long as you don't wear it during a 90+ degree day in the summer... Summer nights on the other hand would be ok. The start does have a very slight feminine vibe to my nose. In less than 20 minutes the feminine quality is gone and I have a woody honeyed musk that is amazing to my nose. I really like it and if you can find it for a price you are happy with a would say this is a safe blind buy... Enjoy!
09th May, 2018

Santos by Cartier

I find this to be an overbearing juice to stay with lots of herbal and spicy notes that are a turn off for sure. I would say that 30 to 40 minutes in the herbals calm significantly with some sandalwood and vetiver. I am glad I got this for less than 25 dollars for 100 ml but I don't think I will wear this again... If anyone wants to swap send me a message lol.
09th May, 2018

ELENYA azur by L'ADONÉ parfums

OK gonna start with a neutral rating due to this being feminine to start with and becoming more towards unisex during the middle and dry down... at the moment it just hasn't gone completely unisex due to the lingering florals which are powerful at the start... this has all the rose, violet and iris you could ask for. The oud in this is very similar to the oud in Montale's Aoud musk and Honey Aoud. It's strong and does overpower the florals about 60 to 90 minutes in. Overall this could be changed to a thumbs up if the dry down (5 hours +) is exceptional. Try before you buy of course...

Later that same day... ok I am 7 hours in on this juice and the dry down is similar to Tom Ford Extreme for Men. Very nice overall so it gets a thumbs up... Enjoy!
02nd May, 2018

1969 Parfum de Révolte by Histoires de Parfums

A strong floral juice that leans feminine with nothing of note to my nose that would lead me to wear this again. Slightly sweet fruity florals at the start... this continues through out the scent for me. I don't get any of the clove nor coffee with this. I do get some patchouli and chocolate vibe but not like a nice chocolate... either way this is a try before you buy IMO...
30th April, 2018 (last edited: 01st May, 2018)

Robert Graham Fortitude by Robert Graham

This is a very nice juice... very similar to Tommy Bahama Men IMO. This is much stronger with a slight incensey vibe. Nice tobacco in the start with lots of patchouli and some Tonka. Overall this would be a great fall and winter scent for casual situations. This is a try before you buy of course... Enjoy!
26th April, 2018 (last edited: 27th April, 2018)

Jardin d'Amalfi by Creed

A very nice citrus scent with decent longevity (at least as a skin scent) with limited projection with my skin. I do find after an hour it turns feminine on my skin. I know some view this as a possible unisex fragrance which is fine but just not on me. Super strong citrus to start. Within a hour it does turn slightly floral and feminine to my nose with a nice musk dry down. IMO this is for the 35+ female crowd. For the guys... if you are entertaining giving this juice a go... get a sample. Other wise... Enjoy!
10th April, 2018

1747 by Galimard

A safe pleasant spring / summer fragrance that will be a winner with the over 30 crowd. Lots of citrus, lavender, musk and moss with this one. It is slightly sweet (not in a gourmand way) with hints of wood. Can be casual or weekend juice. Also could be an office scent. Decent longevity and projection. Not to expensive but I wouldn't recommend a blind buy... other wise Enjoy!

PS
Thirty minutes into the fragrance and I get a very close copy of the original Issey Miyake L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme. Great juice!
26th March, 2018

Egypt by Eight & Bob

Sweet and slightly spicy fragrance that is more masculine IMO. Starts off nice citrus and lavender. Very clean to my nose. Turns sweet and spicy within minutes. Very enjoyable into the dry down which for me is mostly leather. A winner and my first from the house... Enjoy!
19th March, 2018

Hemlock by Parfums Quartana

Well this is different. Not sure if this will get a neutral or thumbs up yet... First off this is for sure 100% warm vinyl records. Dang is it strong. Sloooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyyy other notes start to pop up here and there... florals and sweetness... leathery notes... patchouli... it's not so much a fragrance but an experience. For those who had or have vinyl records you will have a complete connection... Flash backs as a kid getting into my parents records... getting my first KISS Alive II vinyl when I was 7 years old... Just not sure I would wear this or when or to where... Vinyl record convention? Going with neutral but I think I like it... TRY BEFORE YOU BUY....
12th March, 2018

Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi

A fragrance that starts awesome and ends with a meh... I like it... especially for the first two hours... to me the dry down is the usual contemporary patchouli, cedar, musk and tobacco. Don't get me wrong, the ingredients are top notch with out question IMO. I really like the star anise, galbanum and frankincense opening.. the middle is cinnamon, thyme and pepper. Overall a solid 4 out of 5... TRY BEFORE YOU BUY... the stuff is steep at least for myself. Otherwise... ENJOY!
12th March, 2018

El Born by Carner Barcelona

This is a fantastic gourmand from start to finish. Nice citrus, vanilla, benzoin and some honey. Amazing quality as well. Projection and sillage above average on my skin. For this price get a sample and see if it works with your chemistry. Awesome juice... Enjoy!
26th February, 2018

Herod by Parfums de Marly

Initial thoughts... wow this smells like Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford... at least in the start. The Cypriol in this juice takes it in a different direction overall compared to TV. Overall I do find it to veer in a sweet direction with less tobacco and more of a musky sweet dry down. Overall I do like it and would recommend it for sure with a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY due to being similar to TV by TF. Enjoy!
30th January, 2018 (last edited: 01st February, 2018)

Bracken Man by Amouage

Well this is rather nice... Not overbearing... Nice tart start into Cypress... I get hints of the other top notes but I get Cypress the most. I get cedar as well. It's a green tree type scent. Not off putting to my nose. It's is extremely pleasing. I like this a lot. The base is cypress with cedar and musk. A winner... now for the draw back... WOW is this expensive. Get a sample or two and really give these a good wearing before you drop 200 plus on this juice. Enjoy!

Addt Info

Four hours in and it seems this has the same drydown as Fougère Royale by Houbigant. Very similar to my nose. I do like both of these with the FR by Houbigant being the better deal dollar wise.
18th January, 2018

Dark Knight by Alexandria Fragrances

This is a nice juice that starts with Almonds and Chocolate and drys into a slightly coffee / rum base with chocolate and almonds hanging around... I find this is a be a nice scent from start to finish with decent longevity and limited projection. Similar to Killians Black Phantom with decent longevity. Overall a nice juice... Try before you buy though.. Enjoy!
15th January, 2018 (last edited: 03rd April, 2018)

Alexandria’s 007 by Alexandria Fragrances

To me it smells like Muglers AMen. If you like Amen then this is for you. It is almost identical. Longevity isn't as beastly as Amen but good 6 to 7 hours. Overall it's nice just don't like Amen lol
14th January, 2018

Interplay by Alexandria Fragrances

I understand this is an interpretation of Baccart Rouge 540 by MFK. That being said, I have not sampled BR540 so I can not compare, to my nose this is a nice sweet scent that starts of rather... poopish lol. I know that this does contain Ambergris and to my nose it smells like LEGIT Ambergris... it's rather sea salt or sea water and poop smell... honestly it is terrible... but after 45 minutes it disappears and leaves a very nice skin scent of sweet cotton candy vibe. Overall it's a slight thumbs up. Glad I got a sample. Try before you buy unless you are a BR 540 fan.
11th January, 2018 (last edited: 15th June, 2018)

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums

I can give this a neutral based on the fact this juice isn't bad... it is what it is... A mix of thyme and nutmeg and it is strong from the start... turns into a warm sweet mix with a slight wood note here and there... overall neutral due to being just a bit off... I just can't put my finger on it... A try before you buy.

1899 Ernest Hemingway by Histoires de Parfums

A sweeter slightly creamier version of a few scents out there (Spicebomb anyone?). It's not bad just been done before and I was hoping for something a little better overall. It's not bad just eh citrus spicy and sweet with not a hint of vetiver...this is a try before you buy.

1828 Jules Verne by Histoires de Parfums

A tart citrus start into a spicy peppery dry down and is off putting to my nose. I usually like the cedar / vetiver combo but not here. Not a fan of the incense used here either... overall this is a avoid for sure.

I Love New York for Fathers by Bond No. 9

I find this to be a very standard (if you will) men's scent that would work in casual and work situations but other wise is a pass (mostly due to pricing). For over 100 US 50ml and close to 200 US for 100ml bottle this is a men's skin scent. No longevity and limited projection. It's not bad just over priced for what you get. Modern aromatic for the spring and summer.

Valley of the Kings by Alexandria Fragrances

This is a very nice quality juice that gets a solid thumbs up especially if you like Richwood by Xerjoff but not the price. The scent is a slightly tart citrus floral to my nose with a healthy dose of lemon and rose which turns into a subtle skin scent of sandalwood and musk. Overall a solid juice. Enjoy!

Wasted Moment by Alexandria Fragrances

This has a remarkable resemblance to Killian's Apple Brandy. WOW is this an amazing juice. Apple, Vanilla and a quality Boozy note. Great longevity and projection. I wish I would have purchased the two ounce bottle instead of one ounce. Top notch all the way. Enjoy!!!
10th January, 2018 (last edited: 01st February, 2018)