Reviews by Joeyjoey70

Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne

Not as Grand as I had hoped but nice enough for layering with other citrus juices. I give this a neutral due to longevity. It is a mix of bitter citrus to start and a soft musk woody dry down. If you can get it for a good price it's a "Safe" buy...
12th September, 2017

Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne

A slight and I mean very slight thumbs up. The juice smells very nice and clean. Perfect for spring and summer for sure. Smells similar to a very watered down GIT by Creed to my nose. My main issue... the lack of longevity and sillage. My other Atelier scents (Tobacco Nuit and Ambre Nue) have substantially better longevity and sillage. A nice juice for layering. Enjoy!
01st September, 2017

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford

I really like vetiver scents... My faves are Bleu de Chanel EDP, Guerlain Vetiver and Encre Noir by Lalique... This just doesn't work for me at all... Has a hint of "old man" in it that is off putting. A try before you buy even if you find a great deal.
29th August, 2017

Eau de Mandarine Ambrée by Hermès

Great smell for 15... maybe 20 minutes then almost completely gone. I mean wow this is extremely weak... Not worth the money even at a huge discount.
29th August, 2017

Kumkat Wood by Mancera

Initially I thought this to be a rather boring traditional men's fragrance... After a hour or so on my skin it has transformed into a very nice mix of musk with vetiver and woody hints here and there. Nothing to get to excited about but not bad at all. Got a great deal online for a 60 ml bottle. It is worth a sniff... Enjoy!

Additional review info:
After applying a few sprays this morning I realized (to my nose of course) that this is similar to Habit Rouge EDT by Guerlain... not a complete copy but similar.
28th August, 2017 (last edited: 29th August, 2017)

Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne

A supreme take on Amber with out being overbearing. This is a very smooth scent from start to finish. I would say it does start of slightly masculine with the spice. Closer to the dry down this rides the unisex line perfectly... not too sweet not to floral not to spicy. Enjoyable across the board... Try before you buy due to pricing.... otherwise Enjoy!
23rd August, 2017

Reflection Man by Amouage

A nice floral musky fragrance for a formal occasion IMO. It is high quality and it is long lasting and projects well for up to 4 hours with my experience. For the price I would give it one less star. So 4 out of 5. It's just missing that little something to push it into 5 star range. Overall a winner but try before you buy. Enjoy!
18th August, 2017

Velvet Vetiver by Dolce & Gabbana

Nice pleasant vetiver with sweet undertones. The sweetness lends itself to the unisex side of things. The initial 15 minutes or so reminds me of a weaker version of The Goodlife by Davidoff. The dry down is nice clean vetiver. Not overbearing although it does last about 8 hours on me with 2 sprays. Enjoyable? Yes... Overpriced? Yes... Try before you buy. Enjoy!
15th August, 2017

24 Old Bond Street by Atkinsons

A nice solid offering from Atkinsons. I find this to be more of a masculine scent but could be worn by women as well. Starts nice clean and floral. A nice slightly sweet drydown of musk. Doesn't last super long on my skin 2 sprays went about 3 hours on me. Nice for a casual or weekend scent. Due to price and longevity I would try before you buy unless you get a great deal (Thanks Max Forti). Enjoy!
07th August, 2017

Javanese Patchouli by Ermenegildo Zegna

A nice clean patchouli scent with hints of wood and spices. Similar to The Art of Shavings Oud Suede. It feels like it should have Oud / Agarwood in it... It isn't very strong nor long lasting. Overall it is a winner. Nice quality. Doesn't smell synthetic to my nose. It is on the expensive side considering the longevity and sillage. A try before you buy for sure. Enjoy!
28th July, 2017

Charriol pour Homme Eau de Parfum by Charriol

Not sure why anyone would think this is similar to 1Million by Paco Rabanne. This isn't even close to my nose. This starts ok but does smell rather "cheap". At the moment I believe this has something similar that I have smelled in other cheapies... That note that isn't going to be a compliment getting note at all. I believe this is slightly unisex also. More of a winter fragrance too... Overall I give it a neutral due to a pleasant start and ok dry down... the middle 2 to 4 hours is meh! Try before you buy (although you can find this online for less than 40 dollars) and one day I will follow my own advice lol.
21st July, 2017

Polo Red Extreme by Ralph Lauren

A solid offering in the Polo Red line. I find this to be the best so far considering the scent itself and the performance. Good for nights or dates and it could be a scent for all seasons. A safe blind buy if you like the other Red Polos. IMO this slightly similar to Mugler Ultrazest. Not to similar to own both though. Enjoy!
09th July, 2017

Epic Man by Amouage

From the start I get cardamom, incense, geranium and spicy pepper. The dry down is a mix of sandalwood, musk and some very faint hints of incense. I wish it was a bit stronger but overall it is a neutral due to projection and longevity (considering the price). A TRY BEFORE YOU BUY... you can get some nice samples very cheap on a few online websites.
07th July, 2017

Lyric Man by Amouage

This is a rose dominant fragrance that leans very feminine to start and does dry into a nice soapy skin scent. Overall, it's a neutral due to the start being feminine. Longevity is nice with nice projection. Not my most favorite from the house. Worth a sample to try but do not blind buy.
29th June, 2017

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Eau d'été 2016 by Issey Miyake

This does smell like the original... It does have a little more bottom end umph to it lol... Stronger off the top as well. I feel this is more of a masculine scent compared to the original and is a complete winner for the current online prices (under $30 dollars US for 125 ml's). Blind buy worthy (if you like the original and don't mind redundancy). Enjoy!
28th June, 2017

La Fumée / La Fumée Classic by Miller Harris

When I placed my order for this fragrance I instantly thought "Oh no what have I done". I have had the "smokey fire like" scents before and absolutely hated them. I fell for the reviews online and reveiws on youtube and I do not regret this purchase at all. I will say the first 10 minutes isn't the best for myself. It is a fire (of logs and melting plastic) and this weird "perfumey" essence... then I get the hints of cardamom, incense and frankincense mingling as the fire falls into the background. It turns into a pleasant smokey scent with some cedar, woody notes and finally the amber to add some sweetness. Overall this is a solid thumbs up but I would TRY BEFORE YOU BUY with this one. I find this to be a true unisex early on but as it dries I feel it leans masculine. Also, it is a winter fragrance IMO and a casual scent or something for the weekends. Enjoy!
16th June, 2017

Armani Eau d'Arômes by Giorgio Armani

This is a nice spring and summer fragrance that may lend itself to the fall as well. Nothing offensive to the nose and does start with a solid citrus mix with vetiver and ginger in the drydown. I do get a slight patchouli wave here and there in the dry down as well. Overall I do like it... Not sure that I love it... For the price it's ok to blind buy if you are in need of a warm weather scent. Otherwise TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. Enjoy!
12th June, 2017

Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne

My first experience with Atelier and this is a complete winner. I am very fond of tobacco based scents. This starts with a nice spicy tobacco mix and dries into a slightly sweet woody tobacco. I would say that it is unisex from a distance but if you get a up close whiff it is towards the masculine spectrum. The tobacco in the juice lays close to the skin while the rest of the mix seems to project well for several hours. The tobacco has a slight cherry pipe tobacco sweetness to it but in no way is overpowering. Solid projection and longevity with out being overbearing or cloying. For the price this is a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY! This is full bottle worthy IMO. Enjoy!
12th June, 2017

Modern Man by Banana Republic

Nice, fresh, clean and musky scent that shouldn't offend anyone and perfect for casual wear or work. Nice aquatic citrus start with a little vetiver and musk. Lasts about 4 hours with 3 to 4 sprays on me. Projects for maybe 30 minutes then is a skin scent. For the price it's OK.
09th June, 2017

L'Homme Idéal Cologne by Guerlain

This is a great juice from start to finish. Starts with nice citrus of grapefruit with the bergamot and pink pepper... heads towards the citrus almond mix that is very nice and enjoyable before becoming a skin scent of musk and slight almond to my nose. I find this a good buy for the price ($40 or less US for 100ml). If you are into citrus scents this is a safe blind buy IMO. Enjoy!
01st June, 2017

Oud Malaki by Chopard

I blind bought this based on the online reviews here and on youtube. I seem to be in the minority on this one. This is skanky in a bad way for me. Not a fan of this at all. Two sprays were enough for me to list this on Ebay. As Bavard noted, this has a menthol note that totally ruined this for me.. Close to two hours in and the menthol is almost gone and what's left is in no way that interesting for me to wear this again. Overall a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.
01st June, 2017

Aoud Musk by Montale

This is the third sample of the 7 I have and this is better than the first two for sure. I give this a slight thumbs up due to it, at least to my nose, being a sweeter version of BRUT lol. Now it isn't an exact copy but it is close but with better quality of construction and notes. It is a strong musk scent but not too overbearing and the oud isn't over the top. Overall I like it but I suggest a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY with this house. Other wise... Enjoy!

ADDT REVIEW 6.2.17
Wearing this today it hit me... this is similar to Hermes TDH. To my nose, these are in the same vein. Just my 2 pennies worth lol. Still think this is pretty awesome overall.
31st May, 2017 (last edited: 02nd June, 2017)

Wood & Spices by Montale

This is sample 7 of 7 from Montale. I would say this is very generic and smells like something I have had I just can't put my finger on it. I get a lot of spice and sandalwood. I understand that this has vetiver in it (which I can't find) and oud which is there but mingles with some incense deep in the dry down. Over all it is nice and it is masculine to my nose. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY PEOPLE! lol

Oudmazing by Montale

This is sample six of seven from the house of Montale. OK this is anther floral bomb that leans feminine to my nose. I get bitter citrus (bergamot), oud, orris, jasmine and musk. Not a bad scent just not for me. As always TRY BEFORE YOU BUY lol...

Aoud Café by Mancera

This isn't a bad fragrance just not for me. Possibly if I layered it with Sebastian's Espresso Royale it would shine more (and bring down the beast that is Espresso Royale). It is floral for sure but not overbearing. I get floral notes, coffee and oud for sure with hints of amber and blackcurrant. Overall it is nice just leans feminine to me. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY for sure.

Honey Aoud by Montale

This is my fourth of seven samples from the house of Montale. This is a very slight thumbs up. The juice does start of slightly bitter and honey sweet. As the bitterness softens the sweetness from the vanilla and amber mingle with the oud and leather of the scent. I find this to be a true unisex juice with the leather dying out slightly the farther you get into the dry down where you are left with amber and oud. Overall a TRY BEFORE YOU BUY... other wise... Enjoy!

Interlude Man by Amouage

Initial thoughts on this juice... Incensy, Loud, Forest like, Sweet, Dark... then... wait I have smelled something like this before. Interlude man does start off amazing... incensy and very bright... As it dries I find that it becomes very familiar. I hunt through my samples and find that I do have something similar... If you layer Ore from Slumberhouse with L'Air du Desert Marocain from Tauer you get very close to Interlude man (at least the 30 minute mark of Interlude Man). When I got those samples I sprayed them both on the same arm by mistake... I would say that if you are in the market for an incensy juice this is amazing but I would TRY BEFORE YOU BUY because this might not be everyone's cup of tea. I will have to save the rest of my sample for the winter to fully enjoy this amazing juice. Enjoy!

Intense Cafe by Montale

My second sample from the house of Montale and this as well as the first (Red Aoud) are very floral from the start. I get no coffee in this juice and it does lean towards the feminine side of the line as well. It does get sweeter in the dry down. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY... unless you are of course into floral juice.

Red Aoud by Montale

First fragrance from several samples from the Montale line and this is not for me in the least. WOW super floral with some sweetness and a soapy vibe. Leans way feminine and towards the dry down does become more sweet and powdery. Glad I got a sample first. TRY BEFORE YOU BUY if you don't like florals.

Opus VI by Amouage

This is a WTF fragrance for me. I get a huge blast of florals from every direction with a bitter powdery feel for at least the first 20 to 30 minutes. The middle and dry down are no better IMO. WOW this is just awful. I can't detect the amber that most reviewers mention. This is VERY feminine as well. Glad I got a sample... AVOID.