Reviews by LJM

Back to Black by By Kilian

I found this to be a whole lot of sweet, sweet tobacco, personally I find the fragrance a bit nauseating.

I wondered for hours what it was that was stopping me from enjoying the fragrance and I wasn't aware at the time, of the notes in this fragrance. It then clicked that it was tobacco, sure enough I looked it up and tobacco is prominent.

I can appreciate the quality craftsmanship behind Back to Black, aphrodisiac but I do not personally have an affection for it, therefore I've went neutral on this one.

As a side note, the performance of the fragrance was fantastic. Great projection and longevity. If tobacco and honey is your thing, I don't think you can go too wrong with this despite the hefty price tag.
14th June, 2016

Aventus by Creed

If I could only smell one smell for the rest of my life, this is what I would choose. I really am not somebody who jumps on bandwagons or gets caught up in hype. If I like something I like it and if not then that's fine and this.. I just cannot get enough of this stuff. As with everything there will be people who love it and people who hate it. I just happen to be in love with it.
12th March, 2015

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

I'll start with the positives.. First off the vanilla note in this fragrance is lovely, reminds me exactly of the vanilla note in Noir de Noir and for me the longevity and projection was excellent. I applied a small amount of this (can't say exactly because it was a splash sample and not an atomizer) but it was only a 0.5ml sample and I applied around a 5th of that. It was still going strong when I decided to have a shower 9 hours later. For me this is where the positives end, the spices in this are just completely overwhelming. When it was first applied I felt like I was getting a spicy/sweet tobacco and I was happy with it as I thought this was going to dry down into a creamier vanilla but that spices just never left the whole day, whenever I kept getting a whiff all I could think about was that spices! Just completely overwhelming and not what I was expecting. It actually ended up giving me a very sore head, it was that strong.

I actually wanted to give this a negative review when I'd finished with it but I figured that I couldn't whilst the projection and longevity were so good. Somebody who actually likes this scent would have a great fragrance on their hands but personally I just couldn't stand it.
23rd December, 2014