Reviews by vipersinthefield

Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels

When I was young and naïve I used to like Tsar.One of my uncle's worked in a department store so he would usually gift me a small bottle of the latest scent their store promoted which at the time was Tsar.No idea what the reformulation smells like but the old ribbed bright green glass/copper colored bottle's look fit accurately...this was a bright green scent.

It's masculine but not burly as it has some elegant quality to it.It's soapy with a hint of sweetness to it.Behind that is a big green haze that comes off as pine-like and moss.Nothing wrong with these notes alone but it's perfumed over with a cloudy/synthetic chemical sharpness I guess that's supposed to smell 'fresh'.Aspen has a similar approach on this synthetic level but comes out better crafted in my opinion.

Not much point in praising the original formula of Tsar if it was never good to begin with.

22nd February, 2017

Halloween Man by J del Pozo

I really don't know where to start on Halloween Man it's such a mess.I get a lot of apple and leather in this.Behind that a mixed up synthetic haze that smells highly cosmetic and aerosol hair spray like at the same time.It seems like this mess tries to copy Joop! Homme aside from the leathery quality and apple.I'm seeing a dominatrix or goth chick wearing this or getting their boyfriend/husband to wear it as it could be unisex.Very tacky and urban garbage bearing an interesting name that lures in those who like the fall season.
18th February, 2017

Preferred Stock by Coty

From what I remember of Preferred Stock (through the 3.4oz splash bottle I still have) this was a contender scent in the early 90's.It was competing against Drakkar Noir's dark and leathery trademark and the cinnamon woodsy side of Red for Men by Giorgio.Many working class men bought it for the great price and it became a staple gift under the Christmas tree almost as common as English Leather.

This cologne smells of rough cinnamon and a pinch of violet.Citrus soaked tree bark and leather.A bit of white soap and a dash of vetiver to give it a little green quality.Preferred Stock was fairly harsh and synthetic...I'll agree to the judgement on that.But I got complimented on it now and then.And even when I smell it on someone passing by? I praise it over Drakkar Noir.Not perfect but Preferred Stock still smells good.It just might be something don't want to wear all four seasons of the year.It's a 4-6 hour cologne with fair projection.
18th February, 2017

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

I actually blind bought a bottle of Dirty English.I would have tried it but no where locally had a tester.I love leather and knew this stuff would appeal to my old-school taste...so why not drop the $20.

From what I've came to wearing Dirty English for a few weeks is that I like this scent...grew on me really fast.Every time I sniffed this though I kept thinking 'something in this smells familiar to an older cologne I had'...Havana by Aramis.It's the booze and spicy clove heart that struck a familiar vein,beyond that?Dirty English and Havana are very different.Lots of leather,a mild then growing to strongly dry sandalwood,booze and clove.Not too much clove though...it is turned down a little more versus Havana.The notes change hands in strength quite a bit so it does morph quite a bit and keeps my nose interested.

I don't really feel it has poor performance aside from it doesn't come with powerhouse sillage.It's a fair projection scent but noticeable at close range.1 spray to the neck and two to the chest I can smell Dirty English drifting up from my shirt for almost 8 hours.I could see if Dirty English were powerhouse level it would be easy to overdo it's strong scent character.And this is the current formula by EA Fragrances.Very curious to try the original formula by Juicy Couture and see if it was better or not.Even if Dirty English was better?still worth the 4-star rating as-is.
17th February, 2017

Kanøn by Kanon

Awful stuff in my opinion.

The wood note is cedar which isn't bad,but it's a bit bright.There's a powdery note in this cologne that to me is unscented...not barbershop talc,baby powder,or vanilla just no smell.The powder serves as an absorbent to this disgusting green note that resembles a bland and dissapointing patchouli,but the other half of the green counterpart reminds me of a weakly pickled cucumber.

Spray it on and just it's a pungent green powder with a bright wood note.Took me 3 or 4 sprays on initial try to get anything beyond a skin scent from it and lasted 2 hours on me...I considered that a personal favor.You get what you pay for at $10 on a cologne with free shipping but Kanon is the worst value cologne to me.
21st January, 2017

Gianfranco Ferré for Man by Gianfranco Ferré

I can't stress this enough to say if you come across a tester of Gianfranco Ferre for Man...don't pass it by...relieve your curiosity.A lot of very well praised reviews let me to blind buy this scent.I can say it's enjoyable and masculine.But not even remotely as beautiful and poetic of a green,dark,leather,and mossy cologne as others claimed.Before I go further,keep in mind Gianfranco Ferre for Men doesn't have a cap to cover the sprayer/prevent evaporation...this was a very thoughtless move.

I spray this on and it does come off as a very damp moss note with a mellow bouquet of florals...initially.No, I don't get any leather in this.It gets interesting though as it transitions to a semi-sweet pipe tobacco note,bergamot,amber and musk that seem fused together.For the first few hours it seems to retain all these notes occassionally bringing back the florals and a clean powder structure and fades out.By my third to fourth hour,all I smell is the pipe tobacco and bergamot as the projection went down a lot from very moderate to sniffing under my shirt collar to pick up anything.By hour six?it's a fart in the wind...nothing.Gianfranco Ferre for Men is a tobacco cologne that I could wear daily and live with it's imperfections if it were $20 for a 4.2oz bottle...sure as heck wasn't worth $44.I think people exaggerating this scent were wrapped up in Rudyard Kipling poetry and reading the scent notes list without actually buying and smelling it.Or at least that's the impression the well written propaganda suggests.
20th January, 2017

Royal Copenhagen Musk by Royal Copenhagen

If you're a musk fan...there's an awful lot out there to try.The Musk genre was very popular of uniquely masculine yet clean scented colognes of the 70's and 80's.Some may disagree but I think Royal Copenhagen Musk is the best.

When I splash this on I get a light barbershop talc powder(Pinaud).Florals that come off as effervescent/fizzy or soaked in aldehydes.This gives a fresh,cool,and clean sensation.Strangely I've splashed this on after being chilled to enhance the coolness this cologne has to it.There is musk in this but it seems to cling to the talc so you'll get only a light hint of it.To compensate I do detect a hint of leather in the blend that adds some interest.

In my opinion this is a very cool running Musk...possibly an old idea on a blue scent that influenced the aquatics genre of the late 80's/early 90's many years later.My only problem with that is Royal Copenhagen Musk was a stroke of genius because it tapped into an older style that is considered by some to be 'outdated' or 'old man' in taste.Heck no...the scent of a distinguished male.In fact this makes me think of why I like Royal Copenhagen Musk so much but spit on aquatics...completely original scent by Royal Copenhagen.I can't speak for the original formula,but I think Five Star Fragrances has been doing a good job with it for the past few decades.Fair longevity and projection through the spray...a bit better from the splash.
19th January, 2017

Salvador Dali pour Homme by Salvador Dali

I'm very glad that Cofinluxe decided to bring back their prized fragrance, Salvador Dali Pour Homme.It's been too long that it's served as a marked up cost of a cologne due to it's years of being discontinued.All fragrance retailers need to do now is getting the ball rolling and make it common again.I fear this is because it's become 'forgotten' as tastes in the scent genre have changed over the decades.Still smells like I remember though!

To me this EDT creates an image in it's dark character.A base equally rich in patchouli and warm sandalwood,invoking an earthy yet highly woody quality to it.Doesn't sound threatening yet until you get to the leather teased with a little anise that comes over these two notes like heavy storm clouds.Really dark with a touch of bittersweet tone that gives some growl to the leather in a beautiful way.I wouldn't fresh say incense,more like the ash of a burned stick of incense that comes in a faint breeze across the patchouli.This pairing up with the anise/leather aspect creates more darkness.Seldomly do I get florals but when noticed they are mildly sweet,almost as if they blossom from the ground for a brief period and then die.Lastly along with the scent altogether I get a very primal musky tone of civet.Someone was right to call out Kouros,not in scent similarity...but in the facsimile through sexual properties of the musky note.

I only get 6-7 hours from Dali Pour Homme giving moderate projection for that time frame.After that it's merely only detectable under my shirt collar...but it's still there when I get up the next day.I can't really see a metrosexual guy wearing this because this smells hairy-chested and musky.Not really for the feminized male raised on the views to younger people of the 21st century.Dali Pour Homme Id say is more for men 30 years and up.
18th January, 2017

Devin by Aramis

I was gifted Devin one year as a hint to step outside the classic Aramis EDT as a relative of mine claimed that Devin was a finer juice...no it isn't.A very heavy base and amber,with cinnamon submerged in it.Carnation and moss but fused together it smells off-putting,damp, and rotten.There is an animalic quality to Devin a little too rich but that green/floral rot just makes you want to scrub this cologne off.

Two wearings and I chucked it...couldn't stand the stuff.

Adidas Ice Dive by Adidas

I've only had the aftershave of Ice Dive by Adidas.What I pick up is sharp,but clean grapefruit.Something lightly green (a pinch of mint perhaps) and a light leather.This was tolerable and at least fresher versus the metallic bomb known as 'Moves for Him' by Adidas.

Nautica Classic by Nautica

One thing I'll never forget about Nautica Classic is just how much it was advertised.A lot in department stores and probably commercialized on TV more than a Skin Bracer commercial.Time has made this scent very affordable,back then it wasn't though

This stuff was the gift to upper middle class kids by parents who bought them what was in vogue at that timeframe.Tommy Hilfiger Jeans,Reebok Pump sneakers,a Vanilla-Ice haircut,and this cologne.They weren't speaking in Ebonics yet but you see where trends go mapping whom you are through mainstream media trends.So yes Nautica Classic invokes a memory lightly smelling this on people.

It wasn't until eight years ago that I bothered to try a sample of this scent.I got an oceanic scented laundry detergent from it as the base...highly synthetic.A chemical-washed sandalwood and a bitter citrus.It smells more pleasant on someone than it does actually wearing it in my opinion.It lacks creativity though as I feel aquatics seem so elementary to design versus actual craftsmanship in perfumery.Ice Blue by Aqua Velva smells richer than this stuff...but not as airy or windy like Nautica captures.On myself it doesn't seem to hang on more than an hour with low projection.No love lost there since I have no intention of buying it.On a side note it's crazy how pricey this cologne by Nautica used to be back then versus how cheap it is now.Amazing how trend can make people overlook scent quality.At least it's cheap now for those who like it.

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur by Pierre Cardin

The scent of Pour Monsieur EDT by Pierre Cardin has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.I'd wear it a lot then need a break from it.Even though it's an EDC now,and made by Five Star Fragrances...I don't catch any change.Still strong and very familiar,and it does have pretty good longevity.

This cologne has a base of resinous amber and earthy patchouli.That alone has a deep and raw sensual feel that may be outdated to some and others may say 'now that's where patchouli shines the most'.There's a little bit of orange,leather,a light teasing of cinnamon.A little bit of carnation floats up through the amber now and then with the cinnamon.These are all lighter notes while a few remain constant and light,some rise up and stand out wonderfully for a short time.At the time though Pour Monsieur was more costly as a made in France product (it's USA made now).That gave Coty a green light several years later to whip up a cut down version of it called 'Sex Appeal for Men' by Jovan.

Old Spice Herbal by Shulton

Back in the mid 70's up until 1980..several companies tried to make herbal colognes.I recall Max Factor having an Herbal Musk cologne.I recall Aqua Velva having an Herbal after shave.Both of these scents had a very orchid or plant like quality to them.Old Spice Herbal is the most different and pleasant from it's competition.

To me this cologne was both equally heavy in white soap and tree moss.I get a little bit of sage from it...that's about it.Sharp,clean,and highly green.It never struck me as 'herbal' so this is a sub genre that may have to be revisited one day.But from Shulton it was a good smelling cologne through few notes.Nice and strong too!

Witness by Jacques Bogart

Despite the notes and high appraisal on Witness by Jacques Bogart please keep in mind that I'm a fan of this stuff.I wish Bogart would bring back this scent.BUT a few things to know about it...

*It's well crafted but a linear fragrance

*There is a sweetened chemical tone in this to the cinnamon...reminds me of nail polish(from the bottle).This could be the alcohol tweaking some edge in there but it's something people will like or find off-putting.

When I splash on Witness I get a really good cinnamon...probably the best cinnamon note I've ever smelled.It is very woodsy but think of late fall to early winter, as the leaves have died and fallen.You do get a little bit of florals that seem to sweep through the cinnamon.Occassionally there is a faint patchouli in this but I wish it came out more to lendy more muskiness.Witness isn't sharp of citrus,juniper,or built on a base of leather like Preferred Stock or Drakkar Noir.It could be formal if pulled off with the right look,but it's definitely aimed at casual wear.You can wear this on warm seasons I'd say go light on it.No clue why the house of Bogart discontinued this cologne other than more mainstream popularity came it from being recognized.

One Man Show by Jacques Bogart

One Man Show starts out nice with a very green and soapy quality to it.Then it begins to grow-the rose comes out heavily and the green side weakens.The soap grows to a stronger level and forms this rose soap character.It's not bad,but this soap is pulled off better as a body cream or lotion for women. Then the myrrh incense comes out and darkens things up a bit,but in a stuffy and cloying way to my nose that's intolerable to wear.

This EDT by Jacques Bogart I'll give props.For how cheap it is,it's strong and lasts at least a good 8 hours with moderate to high projection.Every time I come across this stuff...it makes me miss the scent called Witness by Bogart even more.

Sex Appeal for Men by Jovan

Well I'll say this for Jovan's Sex Appeal for Men...

Through merging patchouli and amber,this does make a very sensual base to a cologne.I get a light sweetness to this cologne that smells similar to cinnamon...but in a gummy way.It seemed to only last about 3 hours on my skin.Starting out with medium projection and rapidly declining after a little over 30 min. of application.I quit wearing it at work and saved it more for social gatherings.

Point blank:
This cologne under the Jovan line by Coty,I used to be content with despite poor longevity..I liked the scent.After all Sex Appeal for Men was commonly seen in drugstores and it stood out in its scent among the other colognes enjoyed by fellow working class men in a rural community of the pre-internet era.I learned many years later this was nothing more than a later released and scaled down in notes version of Pierre Cardin's Pour Monsieur cologne.Pierre Cardin is now cheaper than it's Jovan competitor.It smells much more colorful,last much longer,and cheaper than Sex Appeal for Men...get the Pierre Cardin.
14th January, 2017

Azzaro pour Homme by Azzaro

As a scent from the late 70's I was eager to try Azzaro Pour Homme...I didn't like it at all from the department store's tester.Mostly just a white cloudy(vanilla?) like base to it with a dash of musk.This struck me as a Vanilla Musk women's body spray.A little bit of anise and a really sweet mint note that smelled like a handful of crushed up wintergreen mints.Most likely that was the basil.Azzaro PH smells fresh but it smells of really lo-fi ingredients and lacks imagination.How anyone can sit this beside the classics and praise it highly and call it a milestone?..not in my book.And I sure as heck never smelled this in the air in my youth.
14th January, 2017

1776 Russian Leather by Elsha

Regardless if this cologne touts itself as the former creation known as Russian Leather?...there's no leather in Elsha's 1776 cologne.On the bright side this scent projects very well...and it does last.It's so potent that I scrubbed my hands twice and still couldn't get the scent off.

Scent wise I just didn't like it...and I generally like the classic scents.I get a semi sassafras or birch/root beer kind of sweetness from this.More of a sawdust character than a hunk of wood in this stuff. but I also get a stale kind of rubber band note from the 'wood' that surfaces through.Hours later it becomes really powdery and cloyingly root beer sweet.It does smell old-school and not to the likes of some fizzy aquatic or grapefruit ridden gym scent...it is masculine.I had no hesitation in pouring Elsha's 1776 down the toilet.
12th January, 2017

Jovan Musk for Men by Jovan

In all the years I've enjoyed this linear fragrance I can't help but slap my forehead in shock and say 'man I'm reading some serious exaggeration on Jovan Musk for Men (scent wise).I don't get spearmint,spices,woods,lemon,lime,pepper,carnation..none of that.Here's what I smell...

I get through the splash a similar sensation to the lemon/bergamot/lavender foundation of Tabac Original and Vetiver by Guerlain.Switch out the lemon with clean and juicy orange though.Turn down the bergamot a bit to let the lavender cut through which brings out the soapy quality more and gives a brighter/cleaner structure.There is musk in this scent but I feel it slithers it's way through the bergamot note,so it's light.No this stuff isn't anywhere near as deliciously musky as an old Halston Z-14/1-12 scent...but it's there.It doesn't evolve or morph,notes don't blossom out on drydown...smells the same start to finish.

If you try Jovan Musk for Men and like it?I wouldn't be surprised.In that regard it's a pit stop on the road to something more interesting for your nose.To others it just smells good and is wearable year round.Not loud or overpowering,not hard to find...just nice smelling for it's price.

11th January, 2017 (last edited: 22nd February, 2017)

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

When I was a kid my grandfather had Old Spice and Skin Original beside the bathroom sink.Whenever he splashed some Old Spice on it smelled very good.As an adult and wearing it though...opposite feelings.

From an old bottle by Shulton circa 1993 this stuff is just rough.Bitter cinnamon with a character that feels like someone mixed black pepper in it and shoved it up my nose.A creamy vanilla but strangely smells like popcorn dipped in vanilla.The anise can smell pleasant but the heat amplifies the hell out of it...smells like a whole anise star constantly under my nose.Wearing it is a dare to me,but to others around me it smells good.On a pleasant note I do like that burn of the cinnamon in the aftershave.But yes as much as I like the old-school scents?Old Spice was hard to enjoy.

Original Penguin for Men by Original Penguin

Penguin Original is a cologne I like a lot.It doesn't speak much to me as an adult...but it's a comfort scent as it strikes a childhood happiness.

I get apple,smooth/creamy vanilla,and a delicious amount of musk in this scent.A little wood that serves as a vague background note though.Fall is what I smell but not the season mentally.More like the goodies from a Fall Festival blowing through the wind and pass through the dying trees before it hits my nose.It's warm and makes you smile!On my skin it's about 6 hours and projects rather decently for being so cheap.

English Leather by Dana

A relative of mine gave me an English Leather(by MEM at the time) giftset one year for Christmas.They wore this cologne and I thought it smelled good,so it was to be my first scent.So likewise, probably five or six years in a row...always an English Leather giftset was under the Christmas tree.Looking back on English Leather I'd say men born between 1950-1985 came in contact with this cologne from their dad,uncle,or grandfather.Though it was significantly cheaper than say Aramis,Dunhill for Men, or Polo Original..it's still in the foundation of masculinity that forged a man's fragrance.

English Leather by MEM:
Out of the bottle and when this cologne dries down...it smells very nice!Drying down though it's one to be patient with.On initial splash you'll get white soap and aged leather,a bit of lemon oil,and wood.But you get this odd smell in the mix that reminds me of a cross between a rubber band and hay until it dries.After that it remains constant of leather and gets much lighter in soap and the citrus becomes a ghost so to speak.Develops a warmer character to the wood and gets a little powdery.Not baby powder though as it gets a little sweet...possibly a hint of vanilla.Strangely with the wood it has a kind of pipe tobacco tone to it that reminds me of an old smoke shop.I got about 6 hours from English Leather,but it was a low projection scent.I could smell it very faintly,if the breeze hits just right,or someone close was beside me.

English Leather by Dana:
I don't get soap from this one,but a base of lemon oil.Still a good amount of leather and wood though.The Leather is a tad different as it seems to be fresh and new leather rather than an aged form like the MEM formula had.Either that or the lemon oil lends a cleaner form to it.It still develops the wood and slightly vanilla powder stage,but I think the leather gets a little lighter in the background...yet the citrus is still detectable as a light note.In my opinion Dana's formula doesn't last longer than the MEM formula.But I do find the juice is just a little bit stronger in projection.Dana's formula has a different feel.You're in a empty Victorian era house and the hardwood floors were just cleaned with lemon oil.You sit in a leather chair and notice the end table's finish is worn off and can smell the wood with the sunlight beaming down.On that table is a marble ashtray supporting a pipe with freshly lit Captain Black pipe tobacco in it that you smelled the moment you entered.

I think when it comes to both versions of English Leather...it's hard to say which is better.If Dana's formula was the original English Leather?I'd be just as happy with it.The MEM formula though I liked that under the soap resided a dirty and dark leather.Dana's formula is fine...but try the original English Leather by MEM if you get the chance.

Wind Drift by Dana

I actually have a small glass bottle of Wind Drift somewhere among my colognes.Received it in a giftset of scents under the English Leather line oh gosh..almost thirty years ago.In certain aspects it was ahead of other aquatics released decades later.But like aquatics are they end up being pushed to the side due to lack of imagination or falling short somewhere.

Wind Drift had a very green and herbal quality to it.I remember smelling moss,thyme or basil,and something else that was leafy.Something faintly sweet that merges with the herb and gives a minty quality.There is a blue/oceanic vibe to this scent but it comes off as very common and synthetic smelling...and it smells a lot like Tide laundry detergent.All those green notes are basically filtered through this blue detergent note.What's odd is you can catch the green character before it washes over with the detergent note and after which is interesting.

Wind Drift wasn't a bad scent by MEM at all as it's certainly a colorful cologne.It does have rather good projection for several hours I'll give it that. The scent of Tide detergent in one's cologne and wearing daily?just can't do it.To aquatic lovers out there it might just be a missing piece to the puzzle of the oceanic scent they're looking for...very different than today's grapefruit and aldehydes approach.

02nd January, 2017

Boss Number One by Hugo Boss

Flat out like ripping off a bandage this patchouli and honey infused cologne by Hugo Boss isn't original.I'm afraid Givenchy Gentleman beat them to the punch.But I like Hugo Boss Number One a lot more.It seems richer in patchouli,more spicey,and there's something about Givenchy Gentleman I don't like...it's prissy...Number One smells more raw and manly!
01st January, 2017

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

It smells like Irish Spring original soap with just a hint of honey,musk,and florals.I like Irish Spring and as a matter of fact use that brand...but at about $40 a bottle?it seriously lacks imagination.Pierre Cardin I could see a popular cologne in the 70's...not Paco Rabanne.This cologne seems like what someone would splash on after doing some takes on an adult film in the 70's and call it a wrap.Hey if you smelled purely like soap who'd know you didn't shower afterwards.
01st January, 2017

Canoé by Dana

If you had asked 20-25 years ago 'what do I think of the cologne called Canoe'.I'd say all I smell is vanilla and powder...nothing else among the notes therefore teetering between a neutral and thumbs down.Not offensive to wear just plain versus other cheap scents.That's coming from that dark blue/old label bottle pictured and the grey label and top version.I'm in K-Mart last year during the holidays and my wife spots a giftset of Canoe with each a 2oz. cologne and aftershave.So we bought it and figured I could stash it at work to apply at work for when I got off and the fam meets at a restaurant.To be honest I think Dana currently has got the scent right this time...

Splashing it on I get a strong and clean lemon and an herbal zip.That vanilla and powder surfaces but a little lavender in the powder colors it.That lemon note dies off some and the sage note is long gone after about 15 minutes.But that lemon is keeping that powder restrained and clean.I'd think I lucked out and maybe this was a fluke...nope.The 8oz. bottle I bought smells exactly the same.Still a sweet cologne but more in control and expansive by notes that should have been blossoming out back then.

Monsieur Musk by Dana

Dana has actually been very good at capturing the Monsieur Musk cologne.The only note I detect that's been changed is the rose petal has been turned down a little.

Monsieur Musk starts out with a very white soapy and green mossy accord very akin to Grey Flannel(the green note).Some sweetened spice,rose crossed with red wine,and a light tone of musk surfaces through the soap and the green vibe notches back some.If you put it beside Van Cleef & Arpel's Pour Homme you'd be at the counter all day debating which one you liked more.If you dressed formally to work every day?one might be able to pull this off.It's more of a night out with the wife or girlfriend cologne.

Aqua Quorum by Antonio Puig

A very dull and lifeless aquatic and I'll clarify why.Lavender there's nothing wrong with but combine it with grapefruit?bad results.Grapefruit is a prime note in a fair bit of Adidas scents like Ice Dive and Moves For Him.Clean and citrusy...but also bright and metallic smelling.I get an Alka Seltzer leather out of this I guess to simulate a bubbly effect of oceanic based scents and it's just...boring.

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

To me Sung Homme is in no way similar to Quorum or Irish Spring original soap...not a green thing about it.And I'm a fan of Quorum by the way so aside from soap?two different worlds.I smell Sung Homme and it has that foundation of white soap and very musky character, similar to the Halston 1-12 and Z-14 scents.Spice in this?yes I detect anise that darkens this clean cologne.A little bit of sandalwood creeps in now and then but not constant.Lastly there's this combo of lavender and aldehydes that rubs people differently.You could say this creates a slicker/polished vibe to the white soap.In other cases you could say it presents a salon or men's hair spray vibe...everybody's nose is different.Worn Sung Homme for almost 14 years almost everyday and I think for it's $15-$18 price tag it's overlooked as far as being more commonly found in stores and how good it smells.Decent projection on my skin and hangs in there for about 6 hours.
18th November, 2016 (last edited: 19th November, 2016)

Polo by Ralph Lauren

In my youth receiving a bottle of Polo Original was almost like an introduction into manhood.Men who were men wore Polo Original and no other woodsy/green scent existed that could be remotely as enjoyable.Looking forward after several years(sigh)I'll say this-if Coty made this cologne it would be far cheaper.

Polo Original has a very coniferous tone to it so yes...it's definitely green.A good hit of tobacco in there with a smaller but noticeable leather.Where it gets odd is behind all this lies a gummy and green blob.This 'blob' leaves you asking for a little more from this cologne as it's just a leafy and green mess that rolled through a forest.You soon realize that Quorum is more of a green masterpiece than Polo original as a much cheaper cologne.

In my adult years I think it could be a tad stronger at 2 sprays but not entirely low projection unless my nasal sensitivity has decreased a little.Never really lasted that long on me.At it's cost back then...maybe 4 hours at $45-$50 for a 4oz. bottle.A very masculine scent but I'd say try it first.
18th November, 2016