Reviews

Reviews by cutypi

Incense Rosé by Tauer

Classically Andy. There is something extraordinary about his fragrances. This one brings you in searching for more with a pin point precision exercising the olfactory without overwhelming. Reminiscent of rose bouquets at church during high holy days. Incense, rose, sandalwood, cedar and amber. It's very yummy!
25th September, 2011

Bois de Violette by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

One of my top 5 all time favorite fragrances. This is exquisitely (and as another reviewer put) scrumptious. Childhood, sweetness, candy, innocence, refreshing, warm and joyful. Violet, grounded with cedar wrapped in the Serge Lutens "bois" is the perfect combination for absolute perfection. This is a must have!
14th January, 2011

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I usually like Serge Lutens, but I had my druthers about whether or not anything could come close to Caron's Tabac Blond. This does not pay homage to the master piece but rather pisses all over it - literally. It starts off smokey and spicy and quickly turns into something extremely foul. This smells like cigarettes and urine. The top notes of tobacco smell like cigarette smoke and scratch my nose and the back of my throat as if I had dragged on one - and the middle and base notes turn into a very unpleasant smell of pee. I am not a fan.
12th January, 2011

Tubéreuse by Caron

Caron's Tubereuse is distinguished as "the star's perfume" and there is no question that it is absolutely heavenly. One of my all time favorites, and one of Caron's best. It is deep, rich and mysterious. This fragrance has the richness and depth of a traditional Caron. It has a candied woodsy base, a green middle and a floral top. If one had to compare Fracas to Tubereuse, the former is pret a porte and latter is haute couture.
26th June, 2009

Verte Violette by L'Artisan Parfumeur

This is a lovely, youthful and yet sophisticated fragrance. It can only be found in the L’Artisan boutique. The top note is a fresh, crisp delicate violet with a green backdrop. The middle notes are iris, vetiver and verbena – but the violet lasts through and through. It conjures up images of children dressed in church clothes playing in the garden in the spring time.
20th May, 2009

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

As much as I wanted to like this fragrance, I could not bring myself to the occasion. I get the citrus notes, but don’t find any of the others. It seems to contain notes of Japanese juniper berry and smells very similar to the men’s Issey Miyake cologne which is overtly synthetic. I was very disappointed.

No. 19 by Chanel

This one grew on me. At first, I didn't like it. Then, I actually smelled a hyacinth bouquet and reintroduced myself to the fragrance and allowed it to dry down and settle. It starts off as a burst of green and hyacinth and turns into a splendid surprise as it settles down - fresh, bright, warm and comforting. Love it!

Cuir de Russie by Chanel

I'm forever grateful to my friend Jimmy for introducing me to this fragrance. It is really quite special. It has a deep, sensual warmth that gives the feel of slipping into a fine leather coat. The musk, leather and spice definately entice. Want to buy a reserve bottle in case the rumors are true that they will stop making the perfume and only offer the EDT.

Lipstick Rose by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This fragrance is one of my absolute favorites. It starts off sweet with top notes of rose, honey, violet and lavender. The basenotes are cardamom and vetiver. The dry can come across a bit synthetic, but as it sets the notes come back together and serve up the experience of kissing in a rose garden.
07th January, 2009

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

This fragrance has a strong current of Japanese Juniper Berry - it is overpowering and nauseating and gives me a headache.
26th October, 2008