Reviews by SysOp

Pineapple by Demeter Fragrance Library

Bearing in mind what these fragrances "are", I give this a thumbs up for being a very accurate rendition of a plump juicy pineapple just after it's been cut.

Delicious.

Does not have much longevity (1 hour or so), and projection is minimal... But, again, these fragrances aren't intended to perform like a fully commercially blended fragrance.

Interesting concept, and I will be buying more Demeter bottles as they are very affordable.
02nd December, 2015

Gucci Pour Homme II by Gucci

Such a soft fragrance, very reminiscent of fabric softener. Not really worth the money compared to just wearing dryer sheets under your clothes.
18th November, 2015

Versace pour Homme by Versace

One of those frustrating buys which you love the smell of, and is extremely versatile (smelling 'nice' to most), but the longevity is virtually nothing.

Such a shame. I'd pay more money for this same scent in a parfum concentration in the blink of an eye, but I will not be buying the EDT again... I've moved over to guerlain homme for a better, more reliable, rendition of this vibe.
17th November, 2015 (last edited: 30th November, 2015)

L'Homme Libre by Yves Saint Laurent

Smells like one of the Lynx/Axe body sprays, possibly Africa.

Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf

Cliche in a bottle. The female equivalent to Cool Water for over-use, over-application, and apparent wearer myopia with regards to how 'great' they smell.

Embarrassing.

Dior Homme Sport (2012) by Christian Dior

It's okay, but it's no better than, say, Lavin L'Homme and five times the price.

The weakest in the Dior Homme range.

Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Christian Dior

I tried the Dior Homme Sport flanker before this on a quest to find something thoughtless to spray on for those occasions which didn't warrant smelling of anything too pretentious or try-hard.

Where sport was simply too subtle, too short lasting, and too generic, Cologne gives it that little bit more of everything to just be an easy-to-wear good quality low-fuss fragrance.

I expect I'll replace the bottle once finished.

Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley

A toned down Joop! Homme soaked in rum.

In this case, not a bad thing.
03rd November, 2015

Éclat d'Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin

My girlfriend wears the original female version which is excellent for the price asked. This is like the same recipe with all of the flowers left out.

Tres dull, won't be wearing this one.

The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana

Smells alcoholic, and not nice at all. Not even worth a bottle at clearance prices.

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules

Grape flavour cordial sold as fine wine, at fine wine prices.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This is bad. Just very, very, very bad.

An an experiment, or some kind of joke, then go for it, but I cannot see how anyone smelling of this can be taken for less than an attention-seeking know-nothing. I feel embarrassed for the wearer when smelling this on others.

Dior Homme Intense by Christian Dior

Density, complexity with absolute smoothness. A masterpiece.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Calvin Klein's Escape in a funkier bottle.
31st October, 2015

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

My god, this is one putrid sweet/sharp smell of cat urine in a disturbing bottle.

Absolutely the worst fragrance I have ever tested.
30th October, 2015

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

It's cool water with a marginally better brand and bottle.

Only The Brave Tattoo by Diesel

It's quite good... Reminds me massively of a very toned-down Joop!, therefore I associate it as a young person's scent, which being Diesel, it is.

Not a bad effort and cheap enough, if you're under 25 it's worth checking out.

24 Gold by ScentStory FZE

Exceptionally well crafted, low priced fragrance. In a similar vein as Jil Sander Man Absolute, which now is sadly discontinued, but thankfully I actually prefer 24 Gold as a go-to vanilla.

Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Very chemically, unfinished, blend of some incredibly interesting notes. I find TdH to be overrated in the extreme, but as a sensibly priced (though not budget) fragrance it's worth trying out.

Not for me, I much prefer Bleu Noir by Narciso Rodriguez, which is a real man's fragrance with some craft to it.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir by Narciso Rodriguez

As others have mentioned, this is a more refined take on Terre d'Hermes. I own both, and I get excited about wearing Bleu Noir - not so much with TdH.

It's just so much more superior to TdH and between the two I'd highly advise this as the one to check out.

Happy for Men by Clinique

Lame wishy-washy citrus silliness. This commercial fragrance is extremely weak in every respect.

A poor effort.

Cool Water by Davidoff

Totally teenage and obvious, takes me back to a younger time where things were more simple.

Not something I'd ever wear to a special occasion, but as a daytime fragrance for going to the post office - fine.

Pour Un Homme by Caron

It's so, so, so, so, so terrible.

Unless you are 60 years old and have some kind of childhood affection for this, there is nothing here relevant or helpful to the world. "Vintage" in this respect seems to equate to "hopeless".

I'm trying my best to get through the bottle by using it on bedding - but really, one of those little bags with dried lavender in it which old ladies use would be more effective and less offensive.

Lavender room spray sold as EdT. Not a classic.

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

A very low cost fragrance with complexity and depth in spades. Initially almost confused, but settles down relatively quickly into a perfectly balanced and infectious vanilla spice vibe.

Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels

Absolutely love MiP, complex and long lasting with a quality well above the modest price tag.

I'm not someone who's fussy about the right fragrance for the right occasion but for me this is certainly an evening/cooler weather fragrance.

Mysterious and bold... I will certainly replace the bottle once finished.

Jil Sander Man Absolute by Jil Sander

This is the fragrance which really made me realise the charm and mystique of deviating from your standard big-name commercial fragrances and 'get into' fragrance a bit more.

Sadly discontinued and very difficult to obtain (the odd bottle crops up on ebay attracting a premium price), this is refined and understated vanilla done well.

Left me striving to find something similar and making quite a few blind purchases... The only scent I've found to be close (if not slightly better, for me anyway) was the very affordable 24 Gold.

Highly recommended.