Reviews by speedracer

Uomo Signature by Salvatore Ferragamo

The opening is sweet and a little spicy. Gives me something like a subdued cherry cola vibe. Smells sweet and sexy, perfect for a cooler night.

Projection is decent for the first 20 minutes and then it starts to fade. Longevity is also nothing special, gone within 2 maybe 3 hours. However, on clothes it lasted 24+ hours.
18th March, 2019 (last edited: 19th March, 2019)

Vanille Extrême by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

A very pleasant, clean and milky vanilla scent that can probably be called gourmand. I feel it sits nicely in the unisex category.

Projection is average but gets the job done. Longevity is maybe a little less than average, 4-5 hours.
16th March, 2019

Matin Calin Sugar Milk / Lait Sucré by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

I don't know about sugar milk but it has a movie theater vibe, like the smell of buttered popcorn in the air.

Projection is average but the longevity is lacking, maybe 4 hours.
16th March, 2019

Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Starts off a little rough, very synthetic and cloying. Smooths out in the drydown to a cool, creamy, sweet vanilla. Listed as feminine and probably is during the opening but the drydown is pretty unisex.

Performance is pretty good, projects a bit and lasts about 6-7 hours.
15th March, 2019 (last edited: 16th March, 2019)

Coco Extreme by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

A harsh opening but smooths out in the drydown to a floral, tropical/spa scent that is correctly listed as feminine.

Projection is good and lasts for most of the workday.
15th March, 2019

Puro Intense by Nejma

Similar to Extreme, combining rum, lime, cigar and gourmand (coffee) notes. This one leans more bitter, earthy and woody. Intense is not quite as sweet as the Extreme flanker.

Performance is great, all day longevity with big projection.
13th March, 2019

Artisan Blu by John Varvatos

The opening is a very nice shower gel and barbershop scent. The drydown becomes more minty and powdery, resembling LeMale Eau Fraiche. It’s really not that complicated or mind-blowing but it’s easy to wear and enjoyable for me.

Feels best for warm weather casual wears. Projection is average and projection is decent during the first 4 hours.
12th March, 2019

Light Blue pour Homme Beauty of Capri by Dolce & Gabbana

Nice, inoffensive aquatic, similar to the original but I like it less because it's missing some of the laundry musk found in the original that softens it up and makes it less harsh. Lots of sour, synthetic, unripe citrus. Should be really good in hot climates and casual times.

I get just average projection and longevity is okay but it's really hard to smell after a couple hours.
11th March, 2019

Hugo Urban Journey by Hugo Boss

Spiced, woody opening mixed with most of the original Hugo DNA which actually cheapens or dates it a bit to my nose but could be a winner for others. Reminds me of CH 212 Men. Also smells like some citrus in the opening but I don’t see any citrus notes listed. It’s fresh, spicy and could grab attention in the opening hours of wearing.

Straight away my wife said she liked this one from the opening. I wasn’t impressed and was betting on more of a “meh” response but she really liked it.

Performance was below average after the decent projection went away after the first couple of hours. Not loud and non-offensive, could be decent at work.
09th March, 2019 (last edited: 10th March, 2019)

Sauvage Very Cool Spray by Christian Dior

Smells very close to Sauvage, just lighter and a little more fresh. Seems like a daytime version of the scent. I agree this is great for work because it projects the right amount with only a few sprays and lasts all workday.
09th March, 2019

Irish Leather by Memo

Starts off with a biting leather and pepper opening. Later the drydown feels soapy and green, a very earthy green. The clean, soapy feel continues through as does the pepper, which is what provides the uniqueness from other soapy/leather scents throughout.

I really like Irish Leather but I can’t decide what its best use would be, casual or formal, warm or cool weather. Maybe it’s one of those versatile scents good for most occasions. Probably better for cooler weather due to its big projection, EdP strength.

It’s clean and masculine with great performance. Lasts all workday and can really project.
08th March, 2019

Spicebomb Night Vision by Viktor & Rolf

Smells like AdG Absolu, YSL Y EdT which are both nice but nothing great. Not like Spicebomb, not green smelling and not something I'd think of for nighttime. Feels more like a daytime casual scent. The marketing doesn't line up for me but it's not the worst thing I've smelled. The drydown is a scratchy vanilla.

Performance is below average. Doesn't project much for me and becomes a skin scent quickly.
06th March, 2019

Italian Leather by Memo

Right away, you can smell the tomato leaf. After that, I start to get hints of vanilla and leather. As it develops further, the leather just hangs out in the background while the tomato leaf and vanilla take the lead, giving off a sweet, earthy and green scent that surprisingly works, at least for me. It feels very unisex. At the very end of the drydown, it’s a smokey, woody vanilla with some leather.

The performance is impressive with big projection and 10+ hours of longevity.

06th March, 2019

Mandarina Duck Black Extreme by Mandarina Duck

Sweet, dusty tonka and woods, similar to many other modern-compliment garnering frags put out in the past 10-15 years. It's not harsh or overly aggressive, more soft and powdery while still remaining masculine. It's a cuddle scent similar to La Nuit but just softer and more muted.

Performance is okay, projects a decent cloud for 4-5 hours. The skin scent lasts for 7-8 hours. I'd recommend spraying on clothes if you really enjoy.
04th March, 2019

Coco Figue by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Beachy, dry and the fig is more fruity-floral than gourmand. Like being at a floral garden near a beach club with plenty of suntan lotion being sprayed or applied on the nearby tourists.

The projection is light but better than average. Longevity is good 6-8 hours.
04th March, 2019

Vanille Abricot by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Opening is a fruity, floral cotton candy. The drydown is more of a pleasant vanilla. Smells pretty good and seemed more than just a novelty, could be good for everyday.

Projection is average but longevity is decently good.

Armani Code A-List by Giorgio Armani

I like A-List more than the original Code or even Colonia during the opening and into the drydown but that's because I like pleasant, sweet, fresh, woody modern scents. That's what you get here from the beginning and middle of this scent. Into the deeper drydown loses the A-List notes and reveals the original DNA of Code, powdery and piercing.

Longevity is very good (10+ hours), projection is decent.

Musc Alizé by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Light musk and florals, similar to hairspray, very minimal and airy, reminds me of scents like Not a Perfume by Juliette Has a Gun or Glossier You. I do get a little vanilla base once it all settles down but it's not much and I have to be right up on my skin.

Performance is decent with 6-7 hours longevity and projection that allowed me to catch wafts coming off my arm throughout the wearing.

212 Men Aqua by Carolina Herrera

Way more 212 than Aqua, but I do smell some watery/ocean notes in the beginning. It's only a little lighter than the original 212 so you really have to like 212 or, to me, what smells like some very synthetic, modern, aggressive florals and musk.

I only sprayed a couple of sprays and this really performs well during the first few hours. Longevity is just average.
01st March, 2019 (last edited: 12th March, 2019)

African Leather by Memo

A nice, wearable leather mixed with a good dose of cardamom. Feels very unisex.

If you like cardamom and want to really explore it, give African Leather a try. It is really an exotic take on a cardamom scent with the soft and sweet leather mixed with spices. Date night worthy, for sure.

EdP concentration and performs as such. All workday projection and can still smell it on my skin well into the night.
28th February, 2019

Russian Leather by Memo

Slightly sweet leather and pine with plenty of soapy lavender. Opens nice and stays nice from start to finish, meaning there’s nothing harsh or disappointing about the scent. It’s masculine, classic without going into old-man territory, and has great performance. However, this is not for the hardcore leather lovers. It’s a good choice for those who like a tame leather scent.

This feels best for a night out during cooler months. Otherwise, it probably leans formal but has some clean and sweetness that allows for some playful daytime wearings. Just go easy on the trigger as it lasts and projects all day.
27th February, 2019

Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Creamy, citrus opening. The creaminess stays into the drydown but the citrus is gone quickly, just turns into a clean, soft scent. Very safe and pleasant. Like a nice, scented lotion or deodorant with some edge to it.

Should be a perfect work-scent since it's pleasant in every way and has modest projection while lasting for most of the workday.
25th February, 2019

Dark Crude by Zara

Fresh and sweet like original Crude but with more spice and a soft, woody sea note that I prefer to the harshness of the original. It actually dries down to something very unisex. It may not be as crowd-pleasing as the original, which mimics other compliment magnets, but Dark Crude has more uniqueness and character. I’m sure others will say it smells like something else but I haven’t been reminded of it yet.

To me, the performance is mild which makes this an excellent choice for daytime or work situations.
25th February, 2019

Vanille Banane by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Lots of banana suntan lotion in the beginning. The drydown has much more vanilla and it's not all that synthetic, pretty nice. It even becomes a little smokey the deeper you go into the drydown.

Projection is moderate throughout and longevity is decent, maybe 4-6 hours.

Vanille Blackberry by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Smells nice and quite pleasant but very young and thin, like it would be the fragrance from a scented toy or children's perfume.

It doesn't smell gourmand, like a dessert. That would have been a nice surprise. Rather it's synthetic and feels more like air freshener.

Honour Man by Amouage

Soapy clean and spicy with a dry mintyness that reminds me a little of Viking. The drydown starts to veer away from that peppery freshness and has an old book or room smell, like mossy weathered paper or wood.

Feels more mature and dressed up, not a young or playful scent.

I get really good performance with just a few sprays, projects strongly for 8+ hours.

1 Million Absolutely Gold by Paco Rabanne

Sweet, honey, leather, florals and oud. That's what I'm getting from this 1 Million flanker that I think I like better than the original. I still think I prefer the smell of Prive best but the performance on Absolutely Gold is better, and the smell is great, so might be a tie between those two. Not sure if it’s the bottle or name but it reminds me of 24 Gold with intense sweetness and oud.

Excellent projection and longevity in the 10-12 hour range.
22nd February, 2019

Crude by Zara

Has the modern, fresh, aqua-blue thing down very well. I'm not sure which previous Zara fragrances this smells like if any, but it's in the same ballpark as Invictus Aqua and MB Legend Spirit. Both of those are piercing, sweet, aqua-modern frags that scream for attention and are pleasing to most younger noses. I say that as a person who likes the way this smells regardless of how young or cheap it comes off.
22nd February, 2019

French Leather by Memo

I like a good rose and this one has it in spades. However, my admiration stops there as the more it dries down, the more feminine it leans. The leather and pepper is there in the opening and helps but I like my rose even more dirty than what I'm getting here. This is just a little too clean and sweet for me to wear as a guy but I believe it will smell fantastic on my wife.

I get good projection and solid 9-10 hours of longevity with only a few sprays.
21st February, 2019 (last edited: 12th March, 2019)

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci

Leather, oud and a fruity drink in the opening. Later, the sweetness is gone, leaving a dry, spicy, smokey oud that seems to have notes of cumin. It's much better in the air than close up on skin. It gets very bitter the closer you get to it, so probably not a great cuddle scent. Into the 9th or 10th hour (no joke) I start to get some really nice hints of the ambergris in the air, but not on skin.

It does resemble Black Afghano, just not as beastly, so give it a try if you enjoy that scent.

Performance is impressive with big, persistent projection with only a few sprays.
19th February, 2019