Reviews by speedracer

Carpe Cafe by Gallagher Fragrances

This gourmand definitely nails the French vanilla + coffee vibe. The amber provides the warm, cozy feeling that fits perfectly. I don't get the green notes. It's all just warm, rich, sugary vanilla coffee for me.

Obviously, this is a cooler weather scent to me, maybe better at nights and casually worn.

Projection is very good during the first 3-4 hours. It starts to fade away around hours 6-7.
18th September, 2018

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake

Heavy, oily leather note in the beginning that gives way to a warm, delicious vanilla and tonka finish in the drydown. Refined and masculine from start to finish.

I’m really impressed with how this performs and smells.

I’d say this is probably best in cooler temps and going out at night. Not a club scent but should be very good in romantic or close interaction situations where you could be receiving hugs or having close conversations.

Projects and lasts, only spray more than 2-3 sprays if you’ll be outdoors.
18th September, 2018

Pure White Cologne / Original Cologne by Creed

Clean, refreshing opening with many of the notes accessible to my amateur nose like the citrus, neroli, petitgrain and musk. Turns powdery in the drydown.

Honestly, if the opening lasted into the drydown this would be a top scent for me. As it is, it's just a nice, casual summer cologne that becomes more feminine as it develops.

Projection is very good during the opening but becomes very soft as it dries down. The whole thing lasts 5-6 hours.
17th September, 2018

Andy Warhol for Men by Andy Warhol

Intense, synthetic sour citrus and musk in the opening blast. After 10-15 minutes it settles down and feels much cleaner. That continues into the drydown which turns woody but retains the musk. The whole scent has this feel of straddling 80s powerhouse and 90s freshness.

Projection is big and loud in the opening but the drydown is quiet. The whole thing lasts maybe 5-6 hours.
17th September, 2018

Fineapple by Gallagher Fragrances

Opening is bright and clean with pineapple candy, lemon cleaner and bubble gum. Later into the drydown you definitely start to get the florals, starts to lean feminine. I like the way this smells but it might smell better on my wife.

Good projection during the opening fruity-citrus phase that lasts maybe an hour. The floral drydown is mush softer but does last for most of the workday.
14th September, 2018 (last edited: 16th September, 2018)

Armani Mania by Giorgio Armani

Clean and powdery with notes of cedar and soft musk. Very inoffensive but not completely boring as it has a vegetal-herb note that keeps it interesting. I don't see anything listed in the notes that would suggest that other than tangerine leaves but someone else mentioned basil and that seems closer to what I'm smelling.

It comes off as simple and cheap, maybe something I would expect from a bargain brand.

Projects nicely into the 3rd hour on my skin and clothes. Hangs around as a skin scent after that for most of the day.
14th September, 2018

Alford & Hoff No. 3 by Alford & Hoff

I get a sweet and clean woody scent in the opening. Reminds me of Eternity with cardamom mixed in. It does smell commercial and familiar but it's still very nice.

Masculine, mature and leaning towards formal. Fine for the office but feels like a fall/winter scent.

Projection is very good during the opening and into the five-hour mark. After that it starts to fade but hangs around to maybe the 7-8 hour mark.
13th September, 2018

Dirty Ginger by Heretic Parfums

It really is dirty and has realistic ginger, so much so that it makes me realize I prefer a softer or more synthetic ginger to the real thing. Drydown is much more subdued, just some spicy-wood notes. I'm still on the fence about this being masculine or feminine, so to that effect, it is appropriately categorized as unisex as well as having the perfect name to describe the scent.

I see this as more of an experience scent for myself than something pleasing that I wear for others. I think it achieves the desired effect, so thumbs up.

Good projection during the first couple hours then starts to fade. Longevity is about 5 hours.
11th September, 2018

Enigma pour Homme by Roja Dove

From the opening I get a slightly dirty rum and coke. Later the drydown has that dry tobacco and vanilla combo, but not the sweet kind. Doesn't smell cheap or overly-synthetic. It's that refined smell that even when you don't necessarily like all the notes, you still like it because everything smells of good quality and well-blended.

Seems best for he 35 and up crowd on cooler night/days when you need something that can be dressed up.

Really good performance so if you're looking to get noticed, then this will work. Nice projection and lasts all workday.
11th September, 2018

Jasmine Smoke by Heretic Parfums

Lots of old-lady jasmine in the opening. The drydown is very soft but I get a nice, smooth tonka. Thumbs down though as I cannot get past the opening.

Below average performance as it projects only for a short while and then fades fast.
09th September, 2018

Pistil Whip by Heretic Parfums

It opens with a household-cleaner floral that's not terrible to smell but not something I'd want to wear. The drydown is more pleasant but generic.

This leans feminine to my nose. Projection is average and longevity is above average as I got around 6-7 hours.
09th September, 2018

L'Homme Idéal L'Intense by Guerlain

A spicy, powdery scent that pulls almond, vanilla and a little bit of rose together. This is closer to the EdP than EdT. No sweet cherry-amaretto sharpness to this one. As it goes deep into the drydown, there's a smokey-leather that starts to emerge.

Projection is average but longevity is good, lasts about 8-9 hours.
08th September, 2018

L'Homme Idéal Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

Vanilla, almond and rose. Not getting any cherry like some others . Comes off more powdery than the EdT, slightly more feminine. Feels more dressed up than casual, more nighttime than daytime. Doesn't feel overly heavy, so could be worn in warmer situations but the overall feel is that it might be suited for colder weather.

Projection is pretty good during the first 2-3 hours. Settles down to a skin scent after that and hangs around 5-6 hours.
06th September, 2018

Coeur Noir by Heretic Parfums

A sweet, sparkling opening that isn't heavy on the leather, should be quite accessible to most. Leather comes in later, smells dry, "golden" somehow and new. I don't usually like leathers but this one isn't too strong, oily or medicinal so I'm liking this more than I thought I would.

Above average projection with 8-9 hours longevity.
06th September, 2018

The Silk Series : Black Currant Silk by Gallagher Fragrances

I get an airy, spicy musk with lots of feminine florals. Nothing offensive but has enough punch to get cloying if over-sprayed. Too feminine for my tastes but not a bad smell. Also, feels very modern-synthetic, like the Santal 33 crowd would enjoy.

Good performance. Projection is above average and longevity lasts all workday.
04th September, 2018

Eau de Passion Men by Franck Olivier

Smells really similar to Platinum Egoiste. Doesn’t really deviate from it to my nose. Has a nice, 90’s lemony fresh vibe.

Projection and longevity are both just slightly above average.
01st September, 2018

Dirty Lemon by Heretic Parfums

Nice marketing but the scent doesn't deliver. It's not bad or offensive but just not better than anything else.

Opening is candied-lemons as expected but then it changes to lemon deodorizer. The drydown comes quick and becomes woodier and drier the deeper it goes.

Projection is below average while longevity of the skin scent is average.
31st August, 2018

Costa Azzurra by Tom Ford

Wife said I "smell like the 90's". That's when I realized this does have a CK Eternity vibe to it.

The opening is a brilliant, refreshing citrus followed by a drydown that resembles Eternity but with a little more citrus and less sweetness. Feels like an all-year fragrance for casual wear.

Performance is average in projection and longevity. Lasts about 4-5 hours.
31st August, 2018

Citrus & Wood by Yardley

Very close in smell to TdH but not as good in performance, projection or longevity. Maybe it’s missing the ISO e super?

Again, like TdH but less intense.

Projection is average and everything lasts about 5-6 hours.
30th August, 2018

Poltergeist by Heretic Parfums

Smokey wormwood is what you get here, has that campfire smell. Strong, invasive opening, reminds me of Interlude Man. Performance is intense with this, so go easy on the sprays. Only good for outdoors, not safe for work.
29th August, 2018

Dirty Neroli by Heretic Parfums

Nice green citrus neroli but there's too much dirty jasmine. It leans feminine but I'm okay with that usually. In this case though, the dirty jasmine is too much. Luckily, that jasmine note goes away in the first 30 min. You're left with just a very natural, green/unripe lemon scent.

Below average projection and longevity but I believe this is a natural fragrance, so that may be why. The longevity isn't really that bad, but the projection is just so soft that you really have to smell for it.
27th August, 2018

Gorse by Laboratory Perfumes

Smells like VIW with lemon heads in the opening. The drydown has a little more florals but it’s pretty close to VIW throughout. I also get more lime in VIW which does help it lean a bit more masculine to me but again, Gorse is very close to VIW.

I get excellent performance as it projects and lasts all day.
26th August, 2018

Le Barbier de Tangier by MDCI

Opens kinda thin and cheap but just give it a couple minutes. It then develops into a very clean and refreshing barbershop scent. Straddles the modern to mature line but as always, if you like it, wear it.

Good projection and very good longevity.
25th August, 2018

Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel

The opening gets to the heart of the EdT faster but smells very similar. In the drydown, I get more of the sandalwood, reminds me of the javanol I smell in Molecule 04.

There are loud aspects of the EdT that I really like that are missing here. The Parfum version is subdued or "rounded off" from what the EdT is, so that could be exactly what someone wanted but I'll say the EdT is my favorite of the three versions. EdP is a close 2nd place.

I get excellent longevity and good projection but it is softer than the EdT or EdP.
24th August, 2018

Gold Knight by By Kilian

I read another review that said this was somewhere in between Back to Black and Tobacco Vanille, which I very much agree with.

The opening is dominated by honey but there’s also a cool, foodie smell, kinda like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Strong projection and lasts all day.
22nd August, 2018

Wild Collection : Wild Cherry by Mancera

Strong, medicinal cherry in the opening, similar to a cherry cough drop. Maybe some honey but I'm not seeing that in the notes. Leans feminine to me but not in a huge way. Seems like more of a novelty than a scent somebody would like to wear but it is nice at times.

This one projects and lasts, really good performance. It's not a super-heavy scent, so it's not completely overwhelming but could get cloying.
22nd August, 2018

JV x NJ by John Varvatos

Smells like most modern, sweet, shower gel scents for men but also has a unique candied-fruit note in the opening that's pretty good. Everything dries down pretty quickly, leaving you with an even more generic, albeit universally pleasant scent that sits close to skin within an hour. Spray on clothes to help with performance issues.
20th August, 2018

Dark Lord Ex Tenebris Lux by By Kilian

Mix medicinal leather with the TdH Parfum and you get Dark Lord. After the opening you start to get the jasmine but it never overwhelms the leather.

Feels like a versatile fall/winter scent.

Has good projection and longevity.
20th August, 2018

L'Immensité by Louis Vuitton

A good bit of sharp, zesty ginger and grapefruit in the opening. That continues through into the drydown. It didn't develop much from the opening notes on my skin but it does have good projection and staying power.

Best way to describe it after wearing is that it has elements of Aqva Amara and AdG. Combine those two and take out some of the screechy ocean notes and this smells kind of like that.
19th August, 2018

Black Collection: Velvet by Commodity

Smooth, vanilla-spiced opening. It is unisex but not overly-feminine in any way. The cloves and almond tend to push this towards a cold weather scent for me, just feels warm and cuddly. Definitely, the best I've smelled from Commodity, take that for what it's worth.

Soft but decent projection that lasts 4-6 hours and then gets closer to skin but still better than a skin scent, still able to easily smell 8 hours later.
18th August, 2018